[WIP] MSI's Infernal Robotics - Model Rework (v02 Pre-Release Beta)

ZodiusInfuser

Re: struts. We have a working version of Active Struts, but there are some non-coding issues we need to clear first (license stuff).

It was under the understanding that Active Struts was passed of to Zodious and renamed Robo Struts. Is that incorrect?

Yes I'm aware of Quantum Struts Cont. but that doesn't solve the problem with the vessels I already have in flight with Robo Struts.

Thanks for your help everyone.

It was under the understanding that Active Struts was passed of to Zodious and renamed Robo Struts. Is that incorrect?

Yes I'm aware of Quantum Struts Cont. but that doesn't solve the problem with the vessels I already have in flight with Robo Struts.

Thanks for your help everyone.

That's mostly correct but not the full story, as there's a few additional clauses from Marce that need to be accounted for, that I need to review when I return to KSP modding. This will be some time after KSP 1.1 launches, since IR will get broken by the new PhysX and need an update.

I've noticed my IR parts sometimes move slightly away from their proper positions, resulting in gaps between parts, usually after loading back in after leaving the ship in orbit for a few weeks. Is this a known issue, or should I see if I can reproduce it on an IR only install?

I've noticed my IR parts sometimes move slightly away from their proper positions, resulting in gaps between parts, usually after loading back in after leaving the ship in orbit for a few weeks. Is this a known issue, or should I see if I can reproduce it on an IR only install?

It has been reported, but usually is related to tweakscale if I'm not mistaken.

It has been reported, but usually is related to tweakscale if I'm not mistaken.

That could be it, I'm fairly sure they were all tweakscaled parts. I'll stick to the default size from now on then, and see if it keeps happening.

Hey, I've built something I quite like. It's a ring-station that uses a robotic arm to assemble the ring sections to itself in orbit. It then uses a motorized docking washer and a SAS to keep the ring spinning while the station core is stationary. All well and good, but the real fun starts when you come out of time warp. Massive disassembly, along with some 'splosions. Same thing if I switch to it from a vessel that's more than 2.1km away.

Any pointers for designing spinny, motory things that can handle physics activation?

Thanks in advance!

It's definitely ATM I've seen the same thing, deleting the MSI folder in the ATM cache restores them on the next run but the run after that the textures are recached and black again. I went into the MSI config for ATM and thought I disabled it for the folder but apparently not. I haven't taken the time to look into it further but you need to tell ATM to ignore the MSI folder

i seem to have a bug, so far im not sure what is causing it, but all my models are showing up black, no matter what i do. i think it is ATM doing it, but i'm not sure.

From the first post:

Known / Common Problems

good to know, i know how to disable ATM for certain mods, but i have forgotten how, so time to browse my folder, and remember what i disabled, the time i found out. i will report how, so you can have glorious textures as well :)

*EDIT*

sems easy to disable it, just open the cfg and set enabled = false and remember to remove the MSI folder in the cache, or do like i did, remove the entire cache, still trying to find some good settings to use, with decent looks, and good savings.

*EDIT2*

not as easy as i thought, doing that disables it for the stock MSI parts, but not the model rework pack.

*EDIT3*

just going to remove ATM, since i'm using the 64-bit community workaround, so ram is not a problem at the moment.

Edited by Pesoen
last edit.

• 3 weeks later...

I seem to be having an issue when I tried to resolve the atm issue, i reinstalled earlier because of the black texture maps but after doing so no matter what I do they do not show up any more. Anyone else have an idea why it would be happening, I have removed IR completely multiple times and it does not seem to want to display.

I seem to be having an issue when I tried to resolve the atm issue, i reinstalled earlier because of the black texture maps but after doing so no matter what I do they do not show up any more. Anyone else have an idea why it would be happening, I have removed IR completely multiple times and it does not seem to want to display.

Before you start up KSP, go to the ATM texture cache folder and delete MagicSmokeIndustries. You have to do this every time you start up KSP.

I'm just going to leave this here:

b2VPOMb.png

Having shorter extendatrons was mentioned on a stream I watched recently, so I thought I'd quickly mock them up today. Hopefully they will be useful to some people whenever I get around to release them.

--------------------------------------------------

Also, if anyone wants to play with the Mecanum Wheels you can get them from: IR Mecanum - Alpha.zip

Video of them in action:

I won't be officially releasing them until the next version of Kerbal Foundries is made, as there's some annoying bugs (such as it breaking the pause menu). Functionally though the parts work and are probably the best I can get them until after KSP 1.1's new wheel physics hits, so there's no reason for me to keep them to myself.

The download also contains 3 example craft (you'll need other IR stuff and maybe Tweakscale too) and 2 kOS scripts.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by ZodiusInfuser

I'm just going to leave this here:

http://i.imgur.com/b2VPOMb.png

Having shorter extendatrons was mentioned on a stream I watched recently, so I thought I'd quickly mock them up today. Hopefully they will be useful to some people whenever I get around to release them.

--------------------------------------------------

Also, if anyone wants to play with the Mecanum Wheels you can get them from: IR Mecanum - Alpha.zip

Video of them in action:

I won't be officially releasing them until the next version of Kerbal Foundries is made, as there's some annoying bugs (such as it breaking the pause menu). Functionally though the parts work and are probably the best I can get them until after KSP 1.1's new wheel physics hits, so there's no reason for me to keep them to myself.

The download also contains 3 example craft (you'll need other IR stuff and maybe Tweakscale too) and 2 kOS scripts.

http://imgur.com/a/sV6rt

Nice! The shorter pistons will be great! I tend to Tweakscale them down a lot so they fit inside things. But by doing so they become week and wobbly. Nice work Zodious.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.