[WIP] MSI's Infernal Robotics - Model Rework (v02 Pre-Release Beta)

ZodiusInfuser

1 hour ago, TheGentleCat said:

can you please make an update for ksp 1.2.2

i got the parts but they aren't working properly

Follow links posted in previous page:

I stop counting long time ago how many times it was already reposted in this and other IR thread.

• 2 weeks later...

nope, no workie. CTD on startup. originally the ksp log stopped dead right after trying to load the surface sampler, so i updated the dll with the one DMagic has posted on github, but no luck there(just changed the errors...). i've hot-seated all the mods and it's definitely this one. i'm not entirely sure which report you would like, but i assume it's error.log:

[Snipped by mod]

as well, here's the two lines from ksp.log that originally pointed me to this mod as the culprit:

[ERR 12:04:37.013] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleIRSurfaceSampler'

[LOG 12:04:37.019] PartLoader: Part 'MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Probe/Misc/IR_SurfaceSampler/part/IR_SurfaceSampler' has no database record. Creating.

so if there's something really dumb i'm forgetting or overlooking it'd be really cool if someone could point me in the right direction, and if not i'll wait patiently for a fix

Edited by Dman979
Removed error log.

16 hours ago, MisterB0420 said:

nope, no workie. CTD on startup. originally the ksp log stopped dead right after trying to load the surface sampler, so i updated the dll with the one DMagic has posted on github, but no luck there(just changed the errors...). i've hot-seated all the mods and it's definitely this one. i'm not entirely sure which report you would like, but i assume it's error.log:

[Snipped by mod]

as well, here's the two lines from ksp.log that originally pointed me to this mod as the culprit:

[ERR 12:04:37.013] Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleIRSurfaceSampler'

[LOG 12:04:37.019] PartLoader: Part 'MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Probe/Misc/IR_SurfaceSampler/part/IR_SurfaceSampler' has no database record. Creating.

so if there's something really dumb i'm forgetting or overlooking it'd be really cool if someone could point me in the right direction, and if not i'll wait patiently for a fix

Just remove the IRSurfaceSampler plugin and don't use that part (Surface Sampler) until that plugin is updated. 

I made ksp load with the legacy parts and reworked parts but only the core (as with the others it CTD's) but there is no Infernal robotics category in the building menu and i can't find them anywhere. Anyone know how to help?

EDIT:

the legacy parts are there but the reworked parts are nowhere to be found, does it require all the modules for the mod to work?

EDIT 2:

I fixed it! the reason why they didn't appear is because the parts that move aren't assigned to any category.

Now i have to ask, is it intentional?

Edited by WereCat

FYI, I was experiencing a crash during loading with this mod in KSP 1.3. It wasn't the surface sampler, it was the active struts. Deleting the contents of GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\IRActiveStruts\Plugins fixed the crash. I haven't done much additional testing to see if anything else broke.

HTH anyone who is experiencing the same thing.

On 6/1/2017 at 5:44 AM, WereCat said:

I fixed it! the reason why they didn't appear is because the parts that move aren't assigned to any category.

Can you explain how you fixed it? I can't access those parts through the category view, but I prefer to use that view.

35 minutes ago, kendfrey said:

Can you explain how you fixed it? I can't access those parts through the category view, but I prefer to use that view.

Yes, i went into GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\Parts and from there went to all the individual parts and opened the config files named "part" then replaced this:

category = none

with

category = Utility

With the right tool (Notepad++) it doesn't take more than 5 minutes.

You open all the configs with Notepad++, go to the "Search" bar then "Replace..." option, then in the Find what field put "none" and in the Replace with field put "Utility" or whatever category you would like it to be in, then click Replace All in All Opened Documents, and its done.

Edited by WereCat

32 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Yes, i went into GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\Parts and from there went to all the individual parts and opened the config files named "part" then replaced this:

category = none

with

category = Utility

With the right tool (Notepad++) it doesn't take more than 5 minutes.

You open all the configs with Notepad++, go to the "Search" bar then "Replace..." option, then in the Find what field put "none" and in the Replace with field put "Utility" or whatever category you would like it to be in, then click Replace All in All Opened Documents, and its done.

I assumed you weren't crazy enough to actually replace them by hand, but good idea, thanks! :D

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 5:44 PM, kendfrey said:

It appears that the custom category broke because the parent category name changed in KSP version 1.3. It used to be "Filter by Function" (as seen in EditorCategory.cs) but is now "Filter by function" (note the lower case "f"). I'm not sure why it would have changed, since this is the name used internally, not the localized name. Fixing the name and rebuilding Infernal Robotics made the custom category work for me.

On 6/3/2017 at 10:20 PM, MadProgrammer said:

It appears that the custom category broke because the parent category name changed in KSP version 1.3. It used to be "Filter by Function" (as seen in EditorCategory.cs) but is now "Filter by function" (note the lower case "f"). I'm not sure why it would have changed, since this is the name used internally, not the localized name. Fixing the name and rebuilding Infernal Robotics made the custom category work for me.

Could up you upload your temp fixed files, you can PM me the link if you want.  But if you link in this thread I would get permission or explain it is unofficial and to use at your own risk. 

P.S. please don't give me malware!

1 hour ago, Infleto said:

Could up you upload your temp fixed files, you can PM me the link if you want.  But if you link in this thread I would get permission or explain it is unofficial and to use at your own risk. 

P.S. please don't give me malware!

The latest release includes my fix: https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases

IR for 1.3 / KJR issues

List of IR download files to work with KSP 1.3

Remove "Active struts" as well as "strut" Folders" they are currently incompatible with KSP 1.3 - Unless you opt to use the unofficial Recompiled .dll linked below

Steps to install Infernal Robotics

1) Install Core Download which is the plugin and "core Files" of IR  (No parts are in this download)

2) Install Parts Pack (Legacy is the original parts, and Rework are the new white parts. You can have both installed if you wish)

3) Remove folders "IRActiveStruts" and "Struts" as they are currently incompatible

4) Optional -  If you wish to use the Surface sampler - Install the Surfacesampler.dll linked below into GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins

5) Optional  - KJR unofficial recompile will work with KSP 1.3 and IR 2.0.12 - Linked below

6) Optional - KAS Magnet / Grasper Breaking? Increase "breakForce" under the KAS module in the part cfg to "= 999"

7) Optional - Unofficial recompile of Active Struts Plugin linked below. Curtesy of Whale_2

Core Download

Infernal Robotics (Ziw) 2.0.12

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases

Parts / Plugin

Legacy Parts (Ziw)

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.0/IR-LegacyParts.zip

IR Rework Parts (Zodiusinfuser) - See Active Struts notes above

https://mega.nz/#!rdlHkLAJ!ZizDvd8s7zCIG529FtO8b7wM0avJ8yC3pldIaf6BGFw 

Surface Sampler dll (DMagic) - Place into "MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins"

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/IR-Surface-Sampler/tree/master/GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins

Active Struts Plugin Unofficial Recompile (Whale_2)

https://github.com/whale2/Active-Struts/releases/tag/1.1.0-1

Utility

Thread Link For IR Sequencer (Ziw) 

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Official GitHub Repository (Ferram4) - https://github.com/ferram4/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement/releases

Unofficial Recompile For 1.3 (siimav) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxowaRaYHkjddHc2T28zWEdLcjQ/view

Please feel free to repost / update this list every so often to help a lot of the new comers

@The-Doctor @Infleto @Rogirgg @Infleto @Ragobi .....Anyone else who I missed :)

Edited by V8jester

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.