[WIP] MSI's Infernal Robotics - Model Rework (v02 Pre-Release Beta)

ZodiusInfuser

13 hours ago, wenth said:

I recently had to reinstall all mods and seem to have lost most the parts for IR iv got the basic hinges, pistons and what not but cant seem to find the downloads for foldatrons or any of the other sexy sleek parts. does any one know where the rest of the parts are?

Follow the links in post quoted above yours. Parts are in different package, legacy parts and new reworked parts.

8 hours ago, kcs123 said:

Follow the links in post quoted above yours. Parts are in different package, legacy parts and new reworked parts.

dug around a bit more in my files (as iv downloaded every thing from the links your referring to) and i found the parts....but they dont show up in game.....odd...moved things around and bingo....not really sure why or how they all got so burred in there own files...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 06/05/2016 at 7:03 AM, Ziw said:

With @ZodiusInfuser's permission I'm proud to present a repack of latest beta release

https://mega.nz/#!rdlHkLAJ!ZizDvd8s7zCIG529FtO8b7wM0avJ8yC3pldIaf6BGFw

This pack has updated configs to accommodate for latest IR 2.x and IRS 1.x changes and has most parts from beta, except wheels and mecanums, because they need much more than just a config fix.

Also in this pack there is an experimental build of ActiveStruts, but please DON'T use the FreeAttach functionality, or it might crash your game. Use TargetAttach or StraightUp attach.

Updated version of IRSurfaceSampler plugin was kindly provided by @DMagic himself, so it should work with our surface sampler part in 1.1.2

EDIT: Alternate link for those who cannot use Mega

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9f5PHcywXQINzQ3UC1aLVNBZk0/view?usp=sharing

It can be used on ksp 1.3? i want to make a fliying robot using the legs of the video...

FYI this link

On 10/21/2017 at 7:52 PM, Kerman Jebediah said:
  On 5/6/2016 at 11:03 AM, Ziw said:

With @ZodiusInfuser's permission I'm proud to present a repack of latest beta release

https://mega.nz/#!rdlHkLAJ!ZizDvd8s7zCIG529FtO8b7wM0avJ8yC3pldIaf6BGFw

This pack has updated configs to accommodate for latest IR 2.x and IRS 1.x changes and has most parts from beta, except wheels and mecanums, because they need much more than just a config fix.

Also in this pack there is an experimental build of ActiveStruts, but please DON'T use the FreeAttach functionality, or it might crash your game. Use TargetAttach or StraightUp attach.

Updated version of IRSurfaceSampler plugin was kindly provided by @DMagic himself, so it should work with our surface sampler part in 1.1.2

EDIT: Alternate link for those who cannot use Mega

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9f5PHcywXQINzQ3UC1aLVNBZk0/view?usp=sharing

crashes my game on the loading screen, fine without the parts

crash every time with KSP 1.3.1

• 2 weeks later...

None of the parts are appearing, I have it properly installed and everything, I even checked to see if the parts were there (they were), but none of them appear in the editor.
EDIT: actually, the utility parts are all there, but nothing else.
EDIT2: Screenshot of me searching for IR parts

8c964775801f2680b6c6ae4e030e9008.png

Edited by QuentinPlaysMC
Added screenshot

On 11/30/2017 at 5:33 PM, QuentinPlaysMC said:

None of the parts are appearing, I have it properly installed and everything, I even checked to see if the parts were there (they were), but none of them appear in the editor.
EDIT: actually, the utility parts are all there, but nothing else.
EDIT2: Screenshot of me searching for IR parts

8c964775801f2680b6c6ae4e030e9008.png

i have the same problem :(

Edit: i fixed it by clean re-installing it. i used this to help

Edited by flipperstar3745

I need help on installing the is mod. I have tried several times and the parts are still not showing up in KSP. Can someone produce simple instructions for an old man?

Edited by Stubby01
was not finished with my statement and pressed something at the wrong time.

• 2 weeks later...

Ya most of the robotic parts are missing a tag in the part file. Got it working on 1.3.0 have not tried it on 1.3.1 should work.

On 12/9/2017 at 7:39 PM, Stubby01 said:

I need help on installing the is mod. I have tried several times and the parts are still not showing up in KSP. Can someone produce simple instructions for an old man?

I will try to post a fix after Christmas

I have made a quick fix. It is a very small fix but it makes all the robotic parts show up in the Ground category. and every thing then works for me.  

first install Rework_Repack_1.1.2 

Delete GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\IRActiveStruts folder and GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\Parts\Rework_Utility\Probe\Struts folder

Then install my Rework_Repack_1.1.2 fix and merge all folders and over right all files 

Link for Mega 

https://mega.nz/#!zYdg0ICQ!_juPqoj7fv80Z00ykNb5o1YCwRtgMZqMIXaBJ4zomjk

works well in 1.3.0 should work in 1.3.1

hope this works for you all 

Edited by muirmadness

Hey

thanks for letting me know the link did not work i fixed it now.  I could not get it to work in the robotic category without adding dependency on other mods. 

9 hours ago, kcs123 said:

Why ground category when robotic category already exist ? Link for mega is broken or decription key does not work.

using these hinges to create a lift vehicle for my next rocket and when I load into the game even though I have Rigid Attachment enabled for the hinges and all the plates, there's considerable wobbliness in its partially-erect state like this, and lying horizontal it likes to dip down and clip through the truck body. Any way to make the hinges stronger or support the lift plates? I setup a RobotTube to try and brace it by it just clips through the plates offering no support.

hb7Hmwb.png

Several things to try. One is that you use new (WIP) parts instead of legacy parts, I got impression that those are bit stronger than ordinary legacy hinges. You might also try to use scaled up hinges, with scaling up joints on IR parts are stronger too.

Next thing to try is to not use hinges, but extendratrons as main power source to move things. Old  gallery with screenshots of foldable wings could get you idea. Similar system can be used in your case too. You can use all powered parts or combination of free moving parts and powered ones.

EDIT:
Forgot to mention, as last resort, you can copy existing parts(configs), give them different name and change joint strength to adjust your personal needs. You can use this if everything else fails.

Edited by kcs123

I understand there are comments throughout this forum on how to install. The installation process is confusing. I went to this website (https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics) and downloaded the mod. I also downloaded this (Rework_Repack_1.1.2 fix .zip) now I am stumped on what I do from there. Can someone kind enough go through a step by step installation of this mod, please?

V/R

Chris

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.