[WIP][0.90?] PlanetFactory CE

Kragrathea

I only have the Toggle Log button in the PlanetFactory GUI. Why does this happen? I feel like I'm missing something really obvious. I'm running the plugin on a fresh, un-modded installation.

Also, is there any "official" documentation for the mod? Creating anything seems to be pretty much hit and miss now. All the default planets have different config files, so that's not helping much at all.

E: I made a little bit of progress. Is there any way to change the atmosphere colour? I have a planet with a purple Eve atmo but I need it to be white/vanilla colour.

fd632e2f0654a81b2df226d84013ed66.png

Edited by CaptainKorhonen

I only have the Toggle Log button in the PlanetFactory GUI. Why does this happen? I feel like I'm missing something really obvious. I'm running the plugin on a fresh, un-modded installation.

Also, is there any "official" documentation for the mod? Creating anything seems to be pretty much hit and miss now. All the default planets have different config files, so that's not helping much at all.

E: I made a little bit of progress. Is there any way to change the atmosphere colour? I have a planet with a purple Eve atmo but I need it to be white/vanilla colour.

http://gyazo.com/fd632e2f0654a81b2df226d84013ed66.png

Maybe you done it in 0.22 ? cause in 0.22 you can only goto and toogle log with the ui. Create scale and reload config are only able in 0.23

For the atmosphere, we can't yet edit the color.

Idem for the ocean color.

Edited by Sido

Yes i notice that's too, but you can rename your _color in map and it's good :wink:

Something more disturbing i notice, it's when you declare your template as a planet with atmosphere, let's say with use Duna for exemple.

I you don't declare a radius, your planet will take the color, the height and the map of your creation without problem you wil have an atmosphere.

if you've changed the radius you wil not have an atmosphere. in fact it's seem that only the "body" follow the radius change.

let's see with my exemple, if i specified a radius more important than the orginial duna's radius, the atmosphere is here, but she's in reality "underground", so we can't see it.

if i don't specified a radius, my atmosphere come back cause the mod take the default template radius which is the duna one.

I hope that's you planned to change this, IMHO it's more important than have the possibility of changing the atmo's color, the sea's color or anything else :D

keep the good work krag's ! :D

No no thats not what i want i want the color map is just for the surface colors I'm using a oceanic planet and the map texture to have the water on it

If this mod is made to load systems made by other users, at least make it an option to disable Sentar. It is really annoying that I can't load a system because that and Sentar just take up too much RAM.

Simply while yur game is loading uncheck the "Sentar Expansion"

Hi there,

I must say that i like your mod very much but I ran across a problem when I created a new planet and its moon. It looks like it doesnt follow its orbital trajectory, why?

cGVl7vP.jpg

Edited by Alex2603

I've run into a problem Mac users will most likely have, too. I created a new system. Wasn't in map view, and couldn't get there because fn + ctrl + F9 doesn't work for me. :(

Wrong key combination, perhaps? It's ctrl + 9.

Any other suggestions regarding the "no gui buttons" problem? I've reinstalled KSP twice now and it still only has that log button. I've checked and double checked that I'm running 0.23.

Any other suggestions regarding the "no gui buttons" problem? I've reinstalled KSP twice now and it still only has that log button. I've checked and double checked that I'm running 0.23.

Are you in your space craft? Or map? For me the buttons only show up if I'm in a ship on the launch pad.

I'm having a really hard time with this mod. Adding textures, Atmospheres. everything.

My main problem is I cant get any textures to work, I've checked that they are 2048x1024 and png with the proper exports from SE.

I do everything how the video goes, still no worky. Planet comes out super smooth or will look like a black hole and that is the only change.

Any help?

System Zip.

I've used Sido's planet Rhea as the template.

I also can not get my Gas giant to render away from the default texture.

Scale option doesn't work for it.

Virus Scan

Virus Scan

System File

Rigel.rar

After im back from vacation i must continue working on my little system

Planets in the system

Draka(star) flavor text: the second brightest star in the night skies of kerbin it as been long known to kerbal kind

Typhon(planet with life)Flavor text:Mysterious little Exo planet orbiting a star known as draka the second brightest star after serious

the bluish greenish disk suggests oceans and Life

Victor(typhon's moon) flavor text:Kerbal scientists are not sure if this moon is even real but the brightness of planet typhon was jumping up and down but they are confident Victor is real

Edited by Dooz

Are you in your space craft? Or map? For me the buttons only show up if I'm in a ship on the launch pad.

Damn I'm stupid. Why didn't I think of that... Thank you, it's working now! :D Actually, only the Goto button shows on the launchpad, but the rest become visible once you're orbiting one of the modded planets.

Damn I'm stupid. Why didn't I think of that... Thank you, it's working now! :D Actually, only the Goto button shows on the launchpad, but the rest become visible once you're orbiting one of the modded planets.

No problem man.

I had the same problem haha

On another note:

Is anyone having trouble exporting textures from Space engine? For me only a couple

Actually export. Most of the time the moons or planets I try to export are just black and white.

Or am I doing it wrong? lol

Edited by Weebo

I'd like to request a feature - easter eggs! You make the model and in the config you specify coordinates and model name.

Actually, this would be possible with Kerbtown, sadly it isn't yet updated to 0.23 however. But I can assure you once it does it most likely will work with this.

(Post-post correction, the placement of models works as of 0.23, however launchpad models don't, so you COULD technically place models down if you can grab a old version of Kerbtown and installed it into your installation)

Can someone please post the coding for an atmosphere and textures? Like both in a bare bones planet template.

I've tried copying from skeltor, barney, I've tried using barney and Skeltor as templates and only changing the texture names with my own. Still cant get this thing to work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.