Kragrathea

The FlightGlobalsIndex is in the first PFBody bracket, something like this:

PFBody
{
name=Ariel
templateName=Tylo
flightGlobalsIndex=750
}

You can change it to something else that's not the same as another body. Look at the index for other planet factory bodies.

Thanks! If I may ask, what does this parameter control, and are there any restrictions to what number can be used for it? I'll go on a limb and guess they were picked for a reason and are not random integers.

They essentially are random, but unique integers from what I've seen in PlanetFactory stuff. They're supposed to specify what index the body is supposed to have in the FlightGlobals.Bodies array that holds the values for each CelestialBody class (planets, moons, stars, random gravitational candies), but they seem to go into much higher numbers for the extra planets. It should be unique for each body, but that can't be guaranteed across planet packs. It's even worse if there are no severe consequences in stock / PlanetFactory doesn't throw a very noticeable error if that integer isn't set properly, because it means that no one will bother to avoid index conflicts.

They essentially are random, but unique integers from what I've seen in PlanetFactory stuff. They're supposed to specify what index the body is supposed to have in the FlightGlobals.Bodies array that holds the values for each CelestialBody class (planets, moons, stars, random gravitational candies), but they seem to go into much higher numbers for the extra planets. It should be unique for each body, but that can't be guaranteed across planet packs. It's even worse if there are no severe consequences in stock / PlanetFactory doesn't throw a very noticeable error if that integer isn't set properly, because it means that no one will bother to avoid index conflicts.

Also, where can we find the planet stock index ? And are we sure that set a different index for all bodies can let the player use FAR ?

If the different FlightGlobalsIndex is set for each planet by the time OnStart is called for the FAR configs, then it will work. The best way to get those values is to get code to iterate through FlightGlobals.Bodies, printing each CelestialBody's name and flightGlobalsIndex.

If the different FlightGlobalsIndex is set for each planet by the time OnStart is called for the FAR configs, then it will work. The best way to get those values is to get code to iterate through FlightGlobals.Bodies, printing each CelestialBody's name and flightGlobalsIndex.

Hmmm ok :confused: I don't understand anything, i return to my design :D

So testing things a little bit, I found how to resolve the conflict (or at least get the FAR icon to return to the toolbar, which I hope indicates things are working).

Looking through the .cfg files (thanks metaphor!) for Sido's Urania System, I found 2x of the bodies shared the same value: Deimos and Phobos, both at 730. Looking through the rest of the files, these two were the only ones that had a conflict. The values 'count up' from the center, Urania, though it isn't a perfect correlation with their orbital radius. I changed Phobos from 730 to 720, and it restored FAR to the toolbar. I'm not sure how these numbers were derived, or what they control, however. I checked Krag's Sentar System .cfgs, and the contents are vastly different and do not include any flightGlobalsIndex value (it also doesn't seem to have any conflict with FAR). I don't know what the interactions are. I'll stop rambling now. @_@

For Reference

Urania = 700

Ares = 710

Phobos = 730

Deimos = 730

Rhea = 740

Themis = 750

Minos = 760

Hermes = 770

Hestia = 780

Hectate = 790

Crios = 810

Hyperion = 820

Vulcania = 830

Hephaistos = 840

Erato = 850

Fragum = 860

I am attempting to build a system using this mod, and I am starting by building planets, however I am encountering an issue. I am trying to create the scaled space of my planets. my first planet is based off of Duna. However, as it can be seen from map view, you can only see the original radius of the planet(I edited it to be 1.750 thousand KM radius). This is also true from orbit, untill you are at the top of it's atmosphere. I didn't have a bin scaled space file, so I tried creating one though the game crashed. This happens with or without hte radius being changed. The bin file is being created when it crashes, but it does not solve the scaled space issue.

Does any else have this issue, and does anyone know what I have messed up to have this issue? I can upload the files tonight if necessary.

Thank you for the help :)

"If the different FlightGlobalsIndex is set for each planet by the time OnStart is called for the FAR configs"

What are flightglobalsindex's, where are they, what is OnStart, where is it, at what time does it 'call' for FAR configs, what does that mean, what are FAR configs, where is that?

Ah, that makes sense. So does FAR work with the stock planetfactory planets or is there a dup in there as well?

The history on flightGlobalsIndex was that I though if every planet had a fixed index number it would allow planets to be added without breaking saves (saves use an index to indicate what body your ship is orbiting). Turns out that isnt the case so exposing it in the CFG files was something of a mistake. The only purpose it serves now is to determine the order planets cycle in the map view and display order in things like hyperedit. I will see if I can replace it with something less problematic.

Krag

wanting to use some of the systems people made but how do u disable stock planetfacory planets to not load. there is a .cfg to disable planets but how does the entry work. ived tried to disable planets but they still show up.

So I'm not sure if this was answered but if you don't want to uncheck it every single time you load the game, if you go into the PlanetFactory.cfg and set " isFactoryEnabled = False " then it will automatically not load Sentar and the rest of the default planets.

For some reason when I use sidos Uranias system and I'm in a low orbit of anything, the planets litterally start drifting from their orbits! Some drift, some stay in place and don't move, and some move so fast around their orbit they go around in less then a day! This also happens with moons and moon of moons. Is there any way to fix this?

Are there compatibility issues in XP with this mod? Is there at least one soul here using XP that can share his/her experience with this mod?

Because this mod fails on me and some say that it's because I'm using XP.

The Sentar System loads fine but the 3 example systems check boxes do not show on the loading screen. I tried every pack at my disposal and none displays the check box that allows me to enable/disable them.

I assume the systems are in the correct folder:

KSP\GameData\PlanetFactory\PluginData\PlanetFactory\*system's folder*\

I'm bumping this one because this mod is too good to be left out without a proper answer

I mean exporting a .bin from SE.

When you have your whole .bin mesh issue with planets showing up as messed up and skewed shapes, you know you're missing a "fitting' .bin mesh. If you ever change your planet's/moon's template body, the PFCE doesn't know what to do, and gives you it's best result, which is the shape you receive. So, to fix this, you need to create a scaled mesh. Do this, by first getting into orbit around you celestial body, press ctrl 9, find the button that says "create scaled" and pres that. should take about a minute to generate a mesh, and it should load fine. But, unless you go back to your planet's texture and .bin files and take the "_" of the end, the .bin mesh issue will reappear. Hope this helps!

How do I remove the rings on Ringle? I am using RSS and the PlanetFactory config but a transparent texture on the rings doesn't fully take it away.

Ringle's rings are hard coded into the mod there is no way to remove them

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.