[Collection] Silisko Industries - BACE 0.3(1) released! [April 28]

NovaSilisko

Thanks, Drak. Let\'s get this thread back on course.

Aye. I\'d like to take this time to apologize for my actions, and I shall remove the offending posts.

I also suggest that all involved parties remove their posts as well.

Wow, didn\'t this off topic get outta control.

Edit: I wonder if it\'s possible to fix the seams on the fairings:

I have the same problem with the Kerpollo fairings, and I\'ve noticed many other fairing panels have the same problem.

In order to get rid of a visible seam across two objects that should fit smoothly, you need the vertex normals to 'think' that the other part is there even when it\'s not. I accomplished this in my Wings3D .msh plugin by allowing the user to designate geometry that wouldn\'t be exported--it would still affect the normals of the geometry that does get exported, but doesn\'t actually show up in the exported model. I have no idea how the KSP model format works, or what program you\'re using for modelling, but the basic idea would be that in your modelling program you model the full thing (not just the half), but then you only export the half without actually cutting the model.

You probably only need one extra row of polygons, not the full other half, but it\'s probably easier to just have both halves. I explained the way to do it in Wings3D for my .msh exporter in my video (in the spoiler below--I couldn\'t figure out how to suppress the automatic youtube embedding) --that might help explain it.

Does that make sense?

Thanks for the input Hielor, and yes it makes sense to me. As soon as I figure out how to manipulate vertex normals I will try this on my fairing panels.

i will stop but some people are asses like Cepheus. i try my hardest too fit in. i am not 20 i am 16 years old

No offence but you\'re acting like a 10 year old.

[gmod]As a note I fully support Drak's actions in this thread and have been watching it very closely. I want to take the time out to let Nova know I'm sorry this has happened in his thread, but the Moderation team supports him and is watching for further instigation and issues. I'm happy to see those that have apologized, removed offending posts and that a majority of you have moved forward. So let's all say thanks to nova for his work, which is good stuff by the way Nova, :), and move forward having a good discussion and a good time. -DR[/gmod]

As a note I fully support Drak\'s actions in this thread and have been watching it very closely. I want to take the time out to let Nova know I\'m sorry this has happened in his thread, but the Moderation team supports him and is watching for further instigation and issues. I\'m happy to see those that have apologized, removed offending posts and that a majority of you have moved forward. So let\'s all say thanks to nova for his work, which is good stuff by the way Nova, :), and move forward having a good discussion and a good time. -DR

Yeah, let\'s let the issue be done.

Took a short break after the marathon of work earlier today. Played some skyrim, and made this:

ss20120221194646.png

Guest GroundHOG-2010

So that\'s how the kerbals build their city overground...

EDIT: This deserves a separate 'buildings' parts pack :D

Later on perhaps?

Am I the only one thinking about a whole bunch of 'building' parts, all carefully dropped onto some flat stretch of ground once 0.14 allows us to build our own little faux towns out of them?

Nope, I was going to build a launch complex with a bunch of parts.

Nova, I was wondering: What about a decoupler shroud that is actually two decouplers: a ring and a base plate/short ring? That way we could get interstages that eject separately from the stage underneath.

You can\'t have a concave collision mesh, so you couldn\'t decouple it from the top down...

I\'ll keep thinking about a way to manage it, though. There must be a way.