[Collection] Silisko Industries - BACE 0.3(1) released! [April 28]

NovaSilisko

I understand how a new player would find these parts a bit complicated. But once you get some experience in the kerbal world, you might want to come back here and try them out. They\'re simple when you have everything else down.

The awkward thing is, I\'m not a new player :D However, I do get used to things like this over time, it just takes me a bit longer than most. I\'m just worried about how these new parts could affect how you fly rockets, like possibly the ship getting too hot in a reentry. My reentries tend to be a bit on the lethal side.

I understand how a new player would find these parts a bit complicated. But once you get some experience in the kerbal world, you might want to come back here and try them out. They\'re simple when you have everything else down.

Nova, I think it would be more useful to calculate the gravitational force exerted by the planet at the current altitude, instead of measuring the acceleration on the ship from the g-force guage. This way you could calculate the mass of the planet from orbit.

That\'s certainly possible, but what\'s an instrument that does such a thing called?

Unfortunately, I can\'t figure out how to just take the value from the G meter on the HUD already...

Have you tried FlightGlobals.ship_Acceleration ?

I\'m not sure there is such a device to measure acceleration due to gravity from orbit. GRACE and GRAIL both do so by having the two satellites in communication, and comparing their relative motion to track the changes in their orbits. Overall g is usually calculated by the simpler measure of orbital period ... Perhaps a radar that tracked altitude, planet size, and orbital velocity?

Have you tried FlightGlobals.ship_Acceleration ?

I\'m not sure there is such a device to measure acceleration due to gravity from orbit. GRACE and GRAIL both do so by having the two satellites in communication, and comparing their relative motion to track the changes in their orbits. Overall g is usually calculated by the simpler measure of orbital period ... Perhaps a radar that tracked altitude, planet size, and orbital velocity?

Hmm. I think what I\'ll do is have a separate accelerometer and gravimeter.

Yeah, that\'s the only problem: there\'s no simple way to measure gravity from orbit because you\'re in free fall. So explaining how the sensor works would be difficult. One explanation that comes to mind is that the sensor uses orbital data to solve for gravity.

Hey Silisko I know you are busy with making the sensors work currently but, do you plan on working on the aeroshell CM in the near future? I was watching some videos of the Phoenix landing on Mars and I was going to try to recreate it. Problem is the aeroshell at present is a CM and not a shroud of some kind.

Here is the video if anyone is interested, it really is a good watch.

http://youtu.be/tMY58oSqK4M

Hey Silisko I know you are busy with making the sensors work currently but, do you plan on working on the aeroshell CM in the near future? I was watching some videos of the Phoenix landing on Mars and I was going to try to recreate it. Problem is the aeroshell at present is a CM and not a shroud of some kind.

Here is the video if anyone is interested, it really is a good watch.

http://youtu.be/tMY58oSqK4M

I have one modelled and ingame but it\'s not fully functional yet, and it\'s kinda absurdly large...

This is some awsome stuff man. I like it! (I was going to post a picture if my statalight that I had orbiting 100 feet above the kerbal landscape, but it just crashed....)

Most certainly will x] would be cooler if i could crash INTO the sun though :/ i never seem to be able to achieve that though xD

what happens if you do? (dont mind me, im a noob lol)

I\'ve tried many times xD but i usually burn all my fuel up before i manage to 0 my velocity, or even get it low enough to fall into the sun xD I guess its all just a matter of taking off in the right direction *as in counter to Kerbin\'s orbit) and building a fuel-conservative ship. xD

in something more related to the topic, i wanted to ask Nova what he had planned, if thats not too much of a bother. I\'m just curious about what he has cooking :)

Next release of probodobodyne will, hopefully, have:

Functional sensors

Deployable legs

Smaller deployable solar panel

Deployable antenna boom

Ion engine

A secret surprise

Gah! you\'re almost as evil as Harv with your secrets! Though i have a question about the Ion engine, how would that be different from the current engines we have in the probodobodyne pack? and i wish you luck with the sensors! those are definetly going to be vital once we reach that late stage when Harv adds all the other planets and stuff. :) Much better (and safer) to send a probe to a distant planet to find out its gravity and such so you can plan a mission then some poor kerbounatuts, doomed to play chicken with a hunk of rock. x] I\'m guessing once Harv has figured out how to implement un-manned flights, all the probodobodyne cores will be un-manned, correct?

Gah! you\'re almost as evil as Harv with your secrets! Though i have a question about the Ion engine, how would that be different from the current engines we have in the probodobodyne pack? and i wish you luck with the sensors! those are definetly going to be vital once we reach that late stage when Harv adds all the other planets and stuff. :) Much better (and safer) to send a probe to a distant planet to find out its gravity and such so you can plan a mission then some poor kerbounatuts, doomed to play chicken with a hunk of rock. x] I\'m guessing once Harv has figured out how to implement un-manned flights, all the probodobodyne cores will be un-manned, correct?

Yeah. Eventually, I want to make it so you have to relay commands to them 'yaw -90; pitch 180; wait 20s; throttle 50'. For landing, it\'d have to be automatic, or done by parachutes.

Next release of probodobodyne will, hopefully, have:

Deployable legs

How about bigger landing legs for manned lunar landers and such? I find the stock .14 ones a bit... wimpy.

Well they\'re too short for one thing (shorter than the engine, oh snap!) and apparently attached with velcro.

Just ignore him and make your own. :P

Hopefully a smaller engine can be added. He\'s adamant about the size of the legs, so...

Um, so what? Can\'t you make your own big legs for your pack? Also actually attach them to the spacecraft with, oh I don\'t know, nuts and bolts. Or something else that won\'t cause them to snap off if you so much as sneeze in their general direction.