[Collection] Silisko Industries - BACE 0.3(1) released! [April 28]

NovaSilisko

Maybe you could do some little ones like on the Apollo Landing Module that sort of tuck underneath beside the engine? Instead of folding up or down, they fold in. I\'m trying to to find an image to show their un-deployed state, but it\'s proving rather difficult.

EDIT: AHA!

ap11-S69-32396.jpg

Maybe you could do some little ones like on the Apollo Landing Module that sort of tuck underneath beside the engine? Instead of folding up or down, they fold in. I\'m trying to to find an image to show their un-deployed state, but it\'s proving rather difficult.

EDIT: AHA!

ap11-S69-32396.jpg

THATS WHAT I SAID >:( >:( >:(

at the moment the lander legs have no physics while they are in motion, right?

They do have physics while in motion. Try placing them so that their path intersects another part, you\'ll see.

I meant in the sense of 'would the motion of the lander legs have an affect on the movement of the ship in space.' i was kind of thinking that if they did have any significant effect, i might be able to 'swim' a ship through space using the momentum of the legs moving in sync. not enough to, say, break an orbit, but just the ability to move in space without power would be interesting

I meant in the sense of 'would the motion of the lander legs have an affect on the movement of the ship in space.' i was kind of thinking that if they did have any significant effect, i might be able to 'swim' a ship through space using the momentum of the legs moving in sync. not enough to, say, break an orbit, but just the ability to move in space without power would be interesting

That wouldn\'t work. You can\'t \'swim\' without something to push against-your ship would just spin.

Yeah, that kind of thing is called a reactionless drive. And the most important thing about it is that it\'s impossible.

Dangit. I was hoping that there would be a way to bend the limited scope of physics in the game world to allow it to happen.

oh well, guess its back to my other idea for launching things around space in odd ways, the top method, with a rocket on one end and an equal-mass ship on the other, and have the rigs on opposite ends of a long and heavy-centered arm so they would spin, then release the ship once the spin was incredibly face :D

You can rotate without reacting off of anything, but barring relativistic effects, linear motion can\'t be done just by moving parts of yourself. There is a way to 'swim' in vacuum by exploiting the curvature of space, but it won\'t get you anywhere quickly or efficiently.