[Collection] Silisko Industries - BACE 0.3(1) released! [April 28]

NovaSilisko

There is a way to 'swim' in vacuum by exploiting the curvature of space, but it won\'t get you anywhere quickly or efficiently.

haha, well this idea certainly doesn\'t care about speed. its like something i would send out int the black depths of space and leave for ages. anything that doesn\'t require fuel to move would be awesome xD though if we wanted something with 'no fuel' someone could probably create a solar sail to ride solar wind, though that would require the game to take Solar wind into account, which i don\'t think it does at the moment. because if it did, I would CERTAINLY create that mod myself, right away x] I would create a whole industry for it! XD Solaco Solar Sailing Supplies Inc.! XD

Well, I got the new legs working, but they like to sink into the ground and destroy your vehicle:

S944O.jpg

Not sure what I can do. If I make the collider larger, then they clip into things when they\'re raised...

My first persistence orbital launch was a Probodobodyne probe called Spacecraft Control Sat 1, atop my stable SP1C rocket. I must say, I wasn\'t expecting much from the tiny engine, but it\'s damn good for circularising.

Encountered a fair few bugs on my first orbital ascent, but they were all issues with the game rather than the pack (I think) such as a very nasty heading bias to the east when I was trying to launch west and total failure of my retro thrusters. Wasted all my RCS fuel before even suborbit.

Keep up the good work, Nova! Developers like you and C7 should be held in almost as high regard as Squad!

Well, the 'heading bias' is not a bug. Don\'t forget that Kerbin rotates from east to west. :)

Overall, it\'s better to launch east. You gain additional speed doing so. This is even more true on Earth.

Wait wait wait... am I confusing myself? West should be going out over the sea near KSC, yes? Because that\'s what I always do. If I\'ve been wrong all along, I\'ll be...mildly irritated.

Plus, this wasn\'t a small bias, this was a \'leave me for 30 seconds and you\'ll have to scrap your mission\' sort of bias. Felt a lot like a bug. To put it simply, even in the initial stages of the flight the navball was showing my rocket nosing off to the left (default orientation from the pad). When I jettisoned my drop tanks and burned off some fuel, it got even worse. It was a major pull and almost felt gamebreaking. The only reason I think I made it up to 1M so easily was because the Skypiercer series are almost overpowered.

No, the sea is EAST of the launch center.

N

|

W-+-E

|

S

As for the bias, a left or right bias is 99% fault of the spacecraft design. Make sure everything is positioned 100% symmetrically, use engines with thrust vectoring, and have at least a quartet of controllable fins on the base stage. This will usually compensate for any imbalance.

No, the sea is EAST of the launch center.

N

W-+-E

S

North is downwards when you first start, so the sea is to the west of you.

EDIT: but towards the sea is an azimuth of 90, which is East...

I don\'t even know anymore.

One more thing I\'m thinking of, but we need to see the launcher - how top heavy is it? If it\'s top heavy, then it\'ll do that too because once it starts tipping, it\'ll take a lot to bring it back on path.

North is downwards when you first start, so the sea is to the west of you.

Um, no it isn\'t. Open the map. The sea is to the EAST. The north pole is to the top. If you pitch DOWN after launch, you go NORTH. If you rotate to the RIGHT after launch, you go out to sea and thus are going EAST.

CAP, just a warning, you\'re assuming up is north. We don\'t know that, and the marker on the nav ball suggests otherwise. I\'m launching out over the sea, however useful or not useful that is, screw which direction it is technically.

I\'ll post up a screenshot of the rocket I used for the mission tomorrow, but I\'m a bit worried about spamming nova\'s thread. I\'ll create a thread in another section and link from there. What section does this specific support belong in though? :D

The only part I think was particularly asymmetric was an omni-directional antenna mounted at 45 degrees on a probe core. The bias was directly to one of the cardinal directions - not 45 degrees.

Okay, I so far have two secret surprises, one for Probodobodyne, and one for Silisko Edition...

Recent events have given me a massive craving for more \'surprises\'... gimme