[Collection] Silisko Industries - BACE 0.3(1) released! [April 28]

NovaSilisko

[gmod] Do not quote features as "Official" or "Coming Soon" with no proof to back up the claim. The re-entry and atmospheric system is not currently under development at this time.[/gmod]

If you are trying to do re-entry heat, I wouldn\'t bother at this point. The official system was nearly finished last time it was mentioned, and should be coming pretty soon.

I\'ll try to do what I want to try to do! >:(

Is the surprise a white box with green radiating off of it?

NO! Its a white box with green radiationg off of it, and smoke comming out of the top.

jeez. get it right :P

Just out of curiosity, have you thought about trying to implement your service module with an external module? i.e. ASAS, RCS, and some regular fuel all combined in one package.

Eh, it might be possible. But, I want to wait for tweakables to come about (they have to, someday), then you\'ll be able to customize the amount of RCS, normal fuel, and life support equipment.

Eh, it might be possible. But, I want to wait for tweakables to come about (they have to, someday), then you\'ll be able to customize the amount of RCS, normal fuel, and life support equipment.

Fair enough. :) After docking and a solar system, I think some TLC for parts and the staging system, including tweaking, is the development I\'m most hoping for/looking forward to.

Well played, sir.

So, do you only get heat effects if you put a shield on?

Or did you make a new capsule class that includes the heat damage, with the heat shield only being a heat shield?

( I can think of several other ways the capsule class could be expanded, will be interesting to see if they can all work together)

Well played, sir.

So, do you only get heat effects if you put a shield on?

Or did you make a new capsule class that includes the heat damage, with the heat shield only being a heat shield?

( I can think of several other ways the capsule class could be expanded, will be interesting to see if they can all work together)

It\'s only a heat shield. I could add the code to a capsule fairly easy I believe. But, it uses a non heat-related system to simulate it. It works pretty convincingly, as long as you attach a shield to the capsule.

Next up: Make it explode quickly if you\'re facing the wrong way, and orient the effect along the direction of travel rather than part-relative!

Looks great, but it could really use some sort of effect in front of the capsule.

For example, a more static, teardrop shaped mesh with an animated 'fire' texture could do the trick. It would surround the capsule and become more pronounced with the reentry heat (just like the particle effect does). You could do that by manipulating alpha channel of the animated texture.

Could I betatest, and try to find bugs with it?

I just wanna mess with reentry heat ;-;

So

Any release date on the plugin?

And

The capsule, due to mass and drag, likes to stay behind the heatshield.

Just the way it works normally with the capsule and chute.

progress updates on the reentry heat?

Patience young padawan XD

BTW I don\'t know if anybody noticed this yet but the new chute has a little bug in it, it might be that i screwed something up tough i\'ll post a pic and somebody will hopefully check it.

It\'s a little missing texture on the far side (the one opposite where you usually look when you load it):