[Collection] Silisko Industries - BACE 0.3(1) released! [April 28]

NovaSilisko

Could that have something to do with the extra mass?

seeing how the only thing i changed was the engines, I doubt that that was the problem.

Was it on Kerbin or the Mun?

If it was on Kerbin it could have been terminal velocity. (E.g. More engines = More weight = Faster terminal velocity)

seeing how the only thing i changed was the engines, I doubt that that was the problem.

The engines will throttle down to keep your vessel level. If you add engines in a way that will unbalance the vessel, you will lose thrust.

The engines will throttle down to keep your vessel level. If you add engines in a way that will unbalance the vessel, you will lose thrust.

I was starting to think that was an issue with some of my designs. Glad to know for sure now

So are these BACE landing engines supposed to self-orient your spacecraft automatically when you activate them or is there some toggle I\'m missing? Even with my most symmetrical designs they don\'t seem to offer much control if any and I have to manually orient for landing.

So are these BACE landing engines supposed to self-orient your spacecraft automatically when you activate them or is there some toggle I\'m missing? Even with my most symmetrical designs they don\'t seem to offer much control if any and I have to manually orient for landing.

try it with MechJeb... if your base remains intact, I will be amazed.

I tried putting the VTOLS on a short, standard, 1 tank, 1 engine model to play with them around KSC, as such:

Chute

Pod

Coupler

VTOL

LOX Tank

VTOL

Engine

With fuel pipes joining the tank and engine over the lower VTOL thruster.

I can\'t even lift off from the pad. Thing does backflips like it\'s got a shuttle hanging off one side.

What\'s wrong?

I tried putting the VTOLS on a short, standard, 1 tank, 1 engine model to play with them around KSC, as such:

Chute

Pod

Coupler

VTOL

LOX Tank

VTOL

Engine

With fuel pipes joining the tank and engine over the lower VTOL thruster.

I can\'t even lift off from the pad. Thing does backflips like it\'s got a shuttle hanging off one side.

What\'s wrong?

Because you have a normal engine on the same stage. It\'s not meant to cope with that kind of force.

I\'m not using the VTOLs. It\'s the main thruster that cant lift straight.

If your rocket is built as described, you *are* using the VTOLs. They\'re similar to other liquid-fueled engines. They activate with their stage and thrust proportionally to the throttle. So you\'ve got one \'up\' engine and a couple of \'sideways\' engines. That\'s going to be tough to fly.

DrLucky

The Bace pack is awesome Silisko. Finally managed to land this sweet thing on the mun.

7143935441_f9f58bf395.jpg

Preparing to touch down by Joshua21B, on Flickr

6997850170_96fa152ebc.jpg

Landed by Joshua21B, on Flickr

7143936895_0be69cf5cc.jpg

Establishing comms with Kearth by Joshua21B, on Flickr

6997870122_7304e7b0bc.jpg

All systems good by Joshua21B, on Flickr

I really like the way the Bace solar panels look and unfold but they aren\'t at the angle I needed for this. Any chance on you making a set that is rotated 90 degrees?

If your rocket is built as described, you *are* using the VTOLs. They\'re similar to other liquid-fueled engines. They activate with their stage and thrust proportionally to the throttle. So you\'ve got one \'up\' engine and a couple of \'sideways\' engines. That\'s going to be tough to fly.

DrLucky

Unless I\'m mistake, they don\'t activate until the active stage. The engine was the only thing in the first stage. I\'ll try again, or video it, or something.

I really like the way the Bace solar panels look and unfold but they aren\'t at the angle I needed for this. Any chance on you making a set that is rotated 90 degrees?

Get yourself the Damn Robotics parts pack and put the panels on rotating servos?

When i first got this pack, (which is a great pack, by the way) I didn\'t realize that the term 'Inflatable' was in 'Inflatable module' was there for a reason. And while i was looking through some of the screenshots of this pack, i thought 'How did these people get their Inflatable modules so wide? Nova must have made two versions, a wide one and a skinny one, and forgot to put the former in my pack!' It wasn\'t until i actually launched a rocket with those modules that i realized that everything was normal. ::)

Also, could you make some BACE RCS tanks and Blocks?