[Collection] Silisko Industries - BACE 0.3(1) released! [April 28]

NovaSilisko

Guest GroundHOG-2010

I am exhausted today, so don\'t expect a release. Way too tired to do any work on it, and would probably forget something obvious if I did.

Go to sleep earlier, you will tire yourself out otherwise.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Nah, you should totally do at least two 72-hour sessions a week. Perfectly safe.

[sarcasm]Hahaha, very funny.[/sarcasm]

I\'ve rested up a bit and am starting work on some 1.5m parts.

The total set, for the first few releases should be:

4 liquid engines (1m and 2m)

7 fuel tanks (1m, 1.5m, 2m diameter with 1.5m high and 3m high options. also included is a bare and compact 1m tank)

3 command pods (one is 0.5m)

a slew of adapters (0.5m to 1m, 1m to 1.5m, 1.5m to 2m, maybe some reverse ones or a 1m to 2m coupler)

modular engine and payload shroud system (in all sizes, with optional decoupler pieces)

RCS quad and fuel tank

service module (1m only, possibly a 1m to 1.5m adapter service module in the future)

2 killrot modules (0.5m, 1m)

3 parachutes (0.5m, 0.5m stackable, 1m)

4 decouplers (0.5m, 1m, 1.5m, 2m, also serves as a mounting point for the engine/payload shrouds)

stage separation retrorocket

heat shield (hopefully physicsless)

2 SRBs (0.5m and 1m)

Mother of god, what am I getting myself into?

Also, I decided on a fuel consumption scheme. The fuel to weight ratio for tanks is very close to that of vanilla, 200 fuel to 1 mass. That way, you can hopefully use the relatively high-consumption (but realistic) SE engines in conjunction with other packs. And vice-versa, but I do not endorse that in any way.

ss20120219204507.png

By the time 0.14 is a week old I\'ll probably have fifty of these in orbit...

I actually managed to make the adapter pieces physicsless, so they contribute nothing to the rocket other than looks - which is ideal, methinks. Eventually when the aerodynamic model is improved, they can affect flight (a sharp seam would destabilize your rocket immensely)