[Collection] Silisko Industries - BACE 0.3(1) released! [April 28]

NovaSilisko

TBH, I\'m sure that Nova has been talking constantly with Harv and the other guys on this as he\'s 'keyed in' with them on a lot of things (remember, he supplied the landing legs for 0.14), so I\'m sure that if they don\'t already have full reports on what he\'s running into from here, they\'ve got e-mails or will get e-mails describing it. :)

I\'m certainly not suggesting that the work Nova is doing will be identical in functionality and scope to the full feature set that Squad is looking to implement. On the contrary, it obviously won\'t be. All I\'m suggesting is that some of the problems Nova encountered while working on this will also show up when Squad takes a crack at it. Since Nova typically does good work, Squad may be able to quickly move through those particular problems Nova has already solved just by looking at his code.

But Nova\'s code will be so different that Squad will run into completely different problems. I\'d imagine they will want effects on every part, and that means instead of having one effect that works for one part, they need to create a system that works for everything. Also, that\'s not to mention that Nova has said most of his code has been done with a pretty large amount of help, so most of the stuff Nova has run into, others will already know about.

Causeless: I don\'t care if you think I\'m wasting my time. I don\'t feel like I am, and I enjoy working on this, even with the difficulties.

Everyone else: Thank you for the support. This thing has been a nightmare to code at times.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Causeless: I don\'t care if you think I\'m wasting my time. I don\'t feel like I am, and I enjoy working on this, even with the difficulties.

Everyone else: Thank you for the support. This thing has been a nightmare to code at times.

Once again, I am always here if you need help...

Guest GroundHOG-2010

Not going to lie, this sounds mildly like a friendzoned guy vainly trying to get with the female friend.

:3

I like helping people, and I can code... But no one wants me to help them with coding.

Oh well.

So, what would you guys suggest to use to put the BACE parts on the Mün?

I tried using Deusoverkill\'s Soyuz, but sadly the BACE parts are a wee bit too heavy for it.

I\'ve got IFE 1.4.2 (the 'Intrepid' pack by JordanCox2), the aforementioned Soyuz and that\'s about it in terms of rocket power.

Go nuts!

(Don\'t get me wrong. I\'m still tinkering about on my own, but I\'d love to see some suggestions.)

i used a 2M SRB from KW Challenger with 4 other 2M radial SRBs all with around 56 sec burn time so no radial decouplers needed. just burn and drop em all. then with a 2 meter wide 4 meter long tank and the small 2 meter engine from kw to push my bace into a proper parked orbit and to teh moon.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

I tried using Deusoverkill\'s Soyuz, but sadly the BACE parts are a wee bit too heavy for it.

I\'ve got IFE 1.4.2 (the 'Intrepid' pack by JordanCox2), the aforementioned Soyuz and that\'s about it in terms of rocket power.

Go nuts!

(Don\'t get me wrong. I\'m still tinkering about on my own, but I\'d love to see some suggestions.)

I tend to design a rocket using just Silisko Industries parts as they are balenced the same...

though I have never landed on the mun.

Go nuts!

I find that Winston\'s KW pack is best for heavy lifting using 2 meter rockets. Although if you already have the IFE pack, then his SLS rocket should be a good enough Mun rocket.

I\'m not insulting you; I\'m really excited for the plugin. It looks very cool. The point I\'m trying to make is that the system you are using is far from the scope that I\'d imagine Squad would use, and thus when re-entry heat is officially added, almost no help or advice could be gathered from this.

You shouldn\'t be so quick to take offence.

Go nuts!

I Nova\'s pack for the rockets as well. The attached has been my heavy lifter on any number of missions, and in fact is a bit overpowered to get to the Mun (though that can be useful if you\'re not very efficient in your flight path).

Nova, I know you are being spammed with 'whar heat, whar?!' questions, but this is one question from me you haven\'t touched on, so forgive me, but here goes....

The Vanguard pack went from an alpha or beta number, to a single release; are you done updating the Vanguard, or can we expect more....eventually?

I only ask, because it\'s one of the few shuttle packs that still works, and I know you mentioned a payload bay at some point, but then afterward deleted all mentions of future updates...

Nova, I know you are being spammed with 'whar heat, whar?!' questions, but this is one question from me you haven\'t touched on, so forgive me, but here goes....

The Vanguard pack went from an alpha or beta number, to a single release; are you done updating the Vanguard, or can we expect more....eventually?

I only ask, because it\'s one of the few shuttle packs that still works, and I know you mentioned a payload bay at some point, but then afterward deleted all mentions of future updates...

Eventually I\'ll update it, but I\'ve gotten sidetracked with reentry heat and the new SE and new probodobodyne and doing stupid things,

Just signed up to post this, have lurked for a while. Nova, yours are the only packs I use. To me they are the only packs that keeps the essential feel of the game, while also giving you an amazing range of possible rockets. Thanks for all your time working on them, it has not been wasted.

H84NF.jpg