[1.6.1] Soundtrack Editor 4.6 (2019-01-28)

pizzaoverhead

Is this compatible with Chatterer? I've got both installed, and while Soundtrack Editor appears to be working, the new tracks are only audible in the background of Chatterer's chatter.

The regular soundtrack continues to play as normal.

I've been getting some bug lately when I go into the construction hangar for example, the song is already playing like 10 or 15 seconds in when it loads, so i dont get to hear the beginning of the song when the screen finally loads up. I can then jump to KSC screen and then same thing. And then I go to tracking and its the same. I'm not sure why it does this, and the only way I can fix it when it does happen is to restart the game entirely.

I've been getting some bug lately when I go into the construction hangar for example, the song is already playing like 10 or 15 seconds in when it loads, so i dont get to hear the beginning of the song when the screen finally loads up. I can then jump to KSC screen and then same thing. And then I go to tracking and its the same. I'm not sure why it does this, and the only way I can fix it when it does happen is to restart the game entirely.

Funny, I could almost swear this was happening for me before I even plopped this mod in, but I couldn't say for certain as I don't focus much on the music while trying to figure out why that *&*@# VTOL won't just hover ​already!!! :D

Far as I can tell it has been working fine for me, however I could be wrong and experiencing the same as you guys. As much as this mod means to me, the music is secondary to what I do when I build, therefore not much attention has been paid to the actual tracks. However, hopefully the mod author can respond at one point or another.

That being said, as much attention as I spend in building, the music helps me in more ways than one... Sort of sets the mood(which is much appreciated, beats Pandora by far IMO).

Edited by JonBar

Anyone else having issues with .24.1? For some reason my settings.cfg file overwrites whatever playlist/changes I've made to it back to the original default settings (original music) no matter what I do. I did add some new mp3s today but its been working fine before today...

There are many different mods that supposedly control engines to make thrust even, I don't know which work because I just downloaded quite a few if them.

This guy's apparently got random mode working :confused:

Edited by JonBar

Well it appears this doesn't work inside of .24.x 64bit so it's not making the cut - it's been uninstalled.

You make it sound like the mods are in a reality show or something and more importantly it works in 0.24.2 x64 for anybody wondering.

You make it sound like the mods are in a reality show or something and more importantly it works in 0.24.2 x64 for anybody wondering.

Yeah if you don't want to add your own tracks, it works just fine. But once editing the settings.cfg and launching and exiting ksp the file is reverted back to before the edit. So it's not working as described.

Yeah if you don't want to add your own tracks, it works just fine. But once editing the settings.cfg and launching and exiting ksp the file is reverted back to before the edit. So it's not working as described.

I added 16 of my own tracks and removed all the stock ones, works just fine for me.

I've been wanting to overhaul the soundtrack & some of the ambient space noise - Running .24.x 64bit - trying to use Soundtrack Editor.

However after editing the settings.cfg, launching KSP, and then exiting the settings.cfg has been reverted back before the edit - Has anyone run into this issue? Is there a fix, or am I doing something wrong? Someone available to assist?

Config & Directory :

http://goo.gl/jBkaSA

Edited by Dravinist

Then I guess you are still running 32 bit.

I wouldn't have responded if I was using x32. It may be possible that the periods are not recognized, also I had some mp3 tracks before and they didn't want to play for some reason. Try editing the names without the period and/or the numbers, just an idea. You could download VLC media player and convert them to .ogg and see if anything changes. If all else fails, try reinstalling if you haven't already.

This is one mod I haven't had any problems with in x32, pre 0.24 or in post 0.24 x64. If you have another mod that messes with sounds there could be issues.

Ah, I just remembered that I moved the 'libmpg123-0.dll' file from the original KSP_Data/Mono → KSP_x64_Data/Mono. Maybe that is the issue! I never ran the game with it in the original location after I updated to x64 so I am not sure if it will cause any issues.

Edited by JonBar
Remembered a step I took

Ah, I just remembered that I moved the 'libmpg123-0.dll' file from the original KSP_Data/Mono → KSP_x64_Data/Mono. Maybe that is the issue! I never ran the game with it in the original location after I updated to x64 so I am not sure if it will cause any issues.

Thanks JonBar, that's exactly the reason MP3s aren't loading for people using KSP x64. I've added a new download for x64 users with the correct folder layout. It's available with music here or without music here. It also adds support for the KSP Addon Version Checker.

I wouldn't have responded if I was using x32. It may be possible that the periods are not recognized, also I had some mp3 tracks before and they didn't want to play for some reason. Try editing the names without the period and/or the numbers, just an idea. You could download VLC media player and convert them to .ogg and see if anything changes. If all else fails, try reinstalling if you haven't already.

This is one mod I haven't had any problems with in x32, pre 0.24 or in post 0.24 x64. If you have another mod that messes with sounds there could be issues.

Thanks JonBar, that's exactly the reason MP3s aren't loading for people using KSP x64. I've added a new download for x64 users with the correct folder layout. It's available with music here or without music here. It also adds support for the KSP Addon Version Checker.

Thanks be to the two of you! Thanks again for the assist!

Edited by Dravinist

Hey man, thanks for updating this excellent mod. It may be my single favorite. I remember playing World of Warcraft several years ago, and just as it was beginning to get quite dull, someone released an awesome soundtrack mod. Being able to set the theme of each zone, instance, combat, etc, totally revived the game for me.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, but it's not working for me. 32 bit KSP (x86 download) and I set all the ambient tracks =none, but I still get the default sound. I also deleted two of the default space tracks and they haven't relocated to "UnusedTracks" despite a few restarts.

The SoundtrackEditor dll is showing up in the alt-F12 debug console.. what else can I check?

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, but it's not working for me. 32 bit KSP (x86 download) and I set all the ambient tracks =none, but I still get the default sound. I also deleted two of the default space tracks and they haven't relocated to "UnusedTracks" despite a few restarts.

The SoundtrackEditor dll is showing up in the alt-F12 debug console.. what else can I check?

Not sure about the ambience sticking around part, I too have set those to none and they do not play for me(I am currently using x64, but when I used x86 they stopped when [* = none]). Make sure there is a space between the '=' and the 'none'.

There still is the 'outside' and 'space' ambience though, that I have not seen an option for changing, thought I did with chatterer, but never messed with it.

The 'UnusedTracks' area is for you to cut/paste the tracks you don't want to play, but that goes for the files you still have in the music folder and the stock tracks. You can delete your custom music from the music folder and erase those lines with those tracks and should be done with it, the stock ones aren't in the music folder so you have to manually cut/paste them to the unused list.

Edited by JonBar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.