[1.6.1] Soundtrack Editor 4.6 (2019-01-28)

pizzaoverhead

Thanks for this mod!

I'm having an issue where KSP is loading the nighttime ambient playlist while I'm in the VAB, and I can't get back to the VAB construction playlist unless I leave and come back. Not a big deal, but thought I'd check here.

edit: Something else that tends to happen quite a bit is that the playlist will occasionally pause when changing tracks. I have to click "show music player" and hit "next track" manually in order for the music to resume.

Edited by MagicCuboid

• 3 weeks later...

I installed the addon last night and I'm having a few problems, most likely due to me overlooking something.

What I'm trying to do.

• Change the music played in the Construction scene.
  • Add a new playlist that plays music when I go to the launchpad and play that music from then on (I'll refine this to be more limited later).

What I've done.

• Replaced the music listed in the existing playlist "Construction" but made no changes to the settings for that playlist.
  • Created a new playlist called "Launching (new)" which includes a single music file and has the settings in the image below.
  • No change to any other playlists were made.

vR7zk05.jpg

The problem.

• The music in the new playlist "Launching (new)" doesn't play on the launchpad or after launch.
  • The new music for the scene Constrution plays fine, but it continues to play when I go to the Space Center scene.

What I'm running.

• Soundtrack Editor 4.4
  • KSP 1.3.1

I've tried setting the new playlist to use various "Sort this before" values (Construction, itself, Pre-launch Day) with no difference in behaviour. I also confirmed the music plays in-game by selecting it to be played in the Construction scene and there it played fine.

If anyone has any suggestions they'd be appreciated.

An update... I took a micro plane out for a flight and found that the new playlist kicks in at some random time/altitude around 30 seconds after firing up the engine or 200 - 400m ASL.

Edited by purpleivan

This mod is very good in the concept but all its functions doesn't work like expected.

E.g:

From VAB to launch pad:

1. Between this two sitations (VAB and launch pad) the "Space" playlist wich have:

playWhen
{
	inAtmosphere = False
	scene = Flight
}

start to play during the vessel launch situation is loaded by the game.

2. When we are on launch pad, playlists with:

playWhen
{
	timeOfDay = TwilightAM | DayAM | DayPM
	situation = PRELAUNCH
}

or

playWhen
{
	timeOfDay = NightAM | TwilightPM | NightPM
	situation = PRELAUNCH
}

2a. Playlist start to play its track but at the end of this track, playlist loop don't work because at this time SE is freezed and will never start to play another playlist (even if you go back to KSC or VAB) until you click on "stop" or "next" button in SE player.

2b. Or sometimes, if we are in during day, the "Pre-Launch Day" start to play its track, so far so good, but at the end of it, the "Pre-Launch Night" start to play its loop track, while it's still daytime.

And Credits playlist never match.

This is playlists.cfg file I've used in this cases.

There is also some functions that I don't understand how it's work because I can't see any different behavior whatever its settings:

1. preloadTime
  2. disableAfterPlay

And the difference between:

1. playNext
  2. playAfter

Let me explain, is there any difference between:

• Playlist A with: "playAfter = B"
  • Playlist B

and:

• Playlist A
  • Playlist B with: "playNext= A"

?

I still use this mod but only with very simple settings (especially without "Pre-Launch Day" and "Pre-Launch Night").

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello guys,

Great mod and community here!

I have an issue I think similar to @Jengaleng with the oggs.

I can see the custom files on the show audio preview, but there is no icon to play them. Playlists seem to be working OK (they try to load these files), but if a custom file is played the player does not change to it and instead keeps on the previous stock music file.

I have checked the logs and I think this is the error, it seems to trigger every time I try switching the playlist to a custom song:

[STED] Found BD - Dajeerling, with extension .ogg

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'UnityEngine.WWW.get_audioClip'.
  at SoundtrackEditor.AudioLoader.GetAudioClip (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SoundtrackEditor.SoundtrackEditor.PlayClip (System.String clipName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SoundtrackEditor.SoundtrackEditor.PlayNextTrack (SoundtrackEditor.Playlist p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SoundtrackEditor.SoundtrackEditor.PlayNextTrack () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SoundtrackEditor.GuiManager.PlaybackGui (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

There are no errors related to soundtrackeditor while loading the game. Only this one when it tries a custom music file. This may be related but the method should be fine? according to this doc, maybe it should be GetAudioClip (without _) https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/WWW.GetAudioClip.html

I am using 4.3 with @Brendan_ fix, as recommended by @Kerbal101 . I will try probably to update to 4.4 and tell you guys about it.

Well, I got the same error with 4.4...

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'UnityEngine.WWW.get_audioClip'.
  at SoundtrackEditor.AudioLoader.GetAudioClip (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SoundtrackEditor.SoundtrackEditor.PlayClip (System.String clipName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SoundtrackEditor.SoundtrackEditor.PlayNextTrack (SoundtrackEditor.Playlist p) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SoundtrackEditor.SoundtrackEditor.PlayNextTrack () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at SoundtrackEditor.GuiManager.PlaybackGui (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Any recommendation? I have only 30 mods installed + Spectra. The only other "major audio mod" is chatterer, and it is working fine.

Edited by Duerkos
version info added

5 hours ago, Kerbal101 said:

@Duerkos Unfortunately, I am not apt in C#.   I guess @pizzaoverhead could help here, but I think the mod needs recompile for 1.4.x and while its really one of a kind and great mod, there are some issues in it. 3rHXVmd.gif

That is probably the reason. I am using 1.4.2.2110 instead of the "friendly compatible for mods" 1.3.1 .

It seems I was lucky with all the other mods I am using (not many, about 10-20) but not this one. Hopefully my feedback will be useful for next update!

Given that this mod has been around for several years, and continuously updated and improved, I'm assuming the author will fix its current issues and update it to the current version at some point, so I figured I'd make a request: Can you put a "close window" x in the corner of the soundtrack editor so that I don't have to find the app button on the app bar. I've got a lot of apps, and it's much harder to close them that way.

Thanks for this one-of-a-kind mod. :)

• 1 month later...

I have been reading of some issues with this mod and the latest KSP version, my question is would it work well enough to at least remove one or two of the hangar/VAB songs? Driving me nuts since I spend most the time designing there.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 4.5 is now available. It fixes many of the issues from the previous version, as well as adding a new setting for playing your choice music when a vessel is destroyed. You can download it here.

Changelog:

• Support for KSP 1.4.x.
  • Added "Vessel state" tracker for triggering playlists when a vessel is destroyed.
  • Fixed issues with tracks not being preloaded correctly, preventing the "Credits" screen music from being played.
  • Fixed issue with max/min velocity and altitude values not being cleared correctly.
  • Fixed issue with music not being played when only one vessel exists.
  • Improved memory use.
  • Fixed time of day settings not working outside of the KSC view.

• 5 weeks later...

I have been having some trouble getting this to work. I am on version 1.4.2 and I have imported 25 tracks from the movie Interstellar and I converted them from .mp3 to .ogg as the rest of the files all seem to be .ogg. I then moved them into the Music>Space folder within my main Directory and when I get in-game I cant see to be able to play them. I can't find the tracks anywhere and when I do find them I can't find any option to play them. Am I doing something wrong? Wrong folder? Have I missed some key steps? Fast responses would be very appreciated. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to drop in and say I'm very impressed with the latest version of your Soundtrack Editor mod. I've not used this since waaaaay back when I didn't own a gaming PC used to play KSP on my MacBook. This has come a long way in that time and is now really rather slick and polished.

Thanks!

On 1/11/2014 at 6:23 PM, pizzaoverhead said:

Option to wait until end of current track before switching.

I've had my eye on this mod for quite a long time, however I have been reluctant to use it so far particularly because of the current absence of this feature. I was wondering if it there's any chance that it would be implemented in the next months, or before 2019. I understand that if it could have been done in little time, this feature would have been present by now, but I'm still asking to see if I should get my hopes up for this in the more or less near future.

Edited by Comrade FalcoN

• 1 month later...

I've used this to disable almost all the "music," keeping only the wildlife tracks on launch/KSP overview (why Squad programmed those to count as music and not effects tracks, so I could just mute the music, I'll never know...)

I did try to keep the "opening credits" music as well, but for some reason it keeps looping during that scene even though I've told it not to?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/11/2018 at 5:07 PM, Lord Aurelius said:

Does anyone have any epic playlists and the associated settings they would be kind enough to share? I've toyed with the idea of setting this mod up myself and would like some inspiration on what other people have done with this.

Hey @Lord Aurelius

I do!  I'm currently in the process of going thru every single Kevin Macleod track on his site (https://incompetech.com/) and have added 80+ songs to my game so far (for most of the different situations/buildings in KSP.

I just recently got back into Kerbal and have been building up from the list I had back in 2017.  I posted that list a few pages back in this thread in case you are interested: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/59682-143-soundtrack-editor-45-2018-06-10/&amp;do=findComment&amp;comment=3013045)

I'll post back my latest song list and playlist.cng file end of this week when I"m back on my Kerbal super computer gaming rig. :cool:

BTW....the songs I am going for give KSP a very 1960s Cape Canaveral/Cocoa  Beach 'loungy' up beat feel in the space center buildings and a 2001 Space Odyssey feel in space intermixed with groovy music (to make sure you don't fall asleep mid transfer to another planet!) :P  

Also @pizzaoverhead...no need to respond but wanted to let you know that I was very happy to see this mod still going and it is much improved from 2017!  Good work holding down the fort man!...and all those who helped out too!!

It was one of the 1st ones to get re-installed on my 1.6.0 build...ranked right up there with KER, Mechjeb, Chatterer, EVE/SVE,  and all the Future tech stuffs.

I love turning the game on and not knowing what random song will play at the main menu page....or any other situ.  Adds so much flavor to the game for me.  Cheers! :) 

Edited by Red Stapler
ERROR: changed 1.6.1 to 1.6.0

4 minutes ago, Red Stapler said:

Also @pizzaoverhead...no need to respond but wanted to let you know that I was very happy to see this mod still going and it is much improved from 2017!  Good work holding down the fort man!...and all those who helped out too!!

It was one of the 1st ones to get re-installed on my 1.6.1 build...ranked right up there with KER, Mechjeb, Chatterer, EVE/SVE,  and all the Future tech stuffs.

I love turning the game on and not knowing what random song will play at the main menu page....or any other situ.  Adds so much flavor to the game for me.  Cheers! :) 

?

It doesn’t work in 1.6.1.....

As promised, here is my latest playlist.cfg file. 

Spoiler

playlist
{
    name = Construction
    loop = True
    shuffle = True
    pauseOnGamePause = True
    disableAfterPlay = False
    tracks
    {
        track = Bummin on Tremelo
        track = Knew_a_Guy
        track = Tabuk
        track = Backed_Vibes_Clean
        track = Lobby Time
        track = Impact Prelude
        track = Enter the Maze
        track = Bicycle
        track = Lord of the Land
        track = Eternity
        track = Curse of the Scarab
        track = Marty Gots a Plan
        track = Mandeville
        track = Loopster
        track = Faster_Does_It
        track = Scheming Weasel faster
        track = Local Forecast - Slower
        track = The Path of the Goblin King v2
        track = Brittle Rille
        track = BossaBossa
        track = Easy Jam
        track = Basement Floor
        track = Bass Walker
        track = AcidJazz
        track = Cuban Sandwich
        track = Chill Wave
        track = KSP_Construction02
        track = KSP_Construction01
        track = Sardana
        track = Deadly Roulette
        track = Bass Vibes
        track = Thief in the Night
        track = Video Dungeon Boss
        track = Maccary Bay
        track = Sneaky Snitch
        track = The Builder
        track = Yallahs
        track = Firmament
        track = Monkeys Spinning Monkeys
        track = Backbay Lounge
        track = Groove Grove
        track = Aces High
        track = Sidewalk Shade - slower
        track = Hustle
        track = Investigations
        track = The Snow Queen
        track = March of the Spoons
        track = One Sly Move
        track = Pippin the Hunchback
        track = Funky Chunk
        track = Dances and Dames
        track = Stealth Groover
        track = Mining by Moonlight
        track = Constance
        track = Your Call
        track = On the Ground
    }
    playWhen
    {
        scene = VAB | SPH
    }
}
playlist
{
    name = Astronaut Complex
    loop = True
    shuffle = True
    preloadTime = 5
    pauseOnGamePause = True
    disableAfterPlay = False
    tracks
    {
        track = Maccary Bay
        track = Funky Chunk
        track = Bass Walker
        track = Shades of Spring
        track = Deadly Roulette
        track = Dances and Dames
        track = 8bit Dungeon Level
        track = KSP_AstronautComplexAmbience
        track = Scheming Weasel faster
        track = Kool Kats
        track = Secret of Tiki Island
        track = Cuban Sandwich
    }
    playWhen
    {
        scene = AstronautComplex
    }
}
playlist
{
    name = Credits
    loop = True
    shuffle = True
    preloadTime = 5
    pauseOnGamePause = True
    disableAfterPlay = False
    tracks
    {
        track = KSP_Credits
        track = Enter the Maze
        track = DD Groove
    }
    playWhen
    {
        scene = Credits
    }
}
playlist
{
    name = Mission control ambience
    loop = True
    shuffle = True
    preloadTime = 5
    pauseOnGamePause = True
    disableAfterPlay = False
    tracks
    {
        track = March of the Spoons
        track = Backbay Lounge
        track = Spellbound
        track = DD Groove
        track = KSP_MissionControlMusic
        track = Aces High
        track = Bicycle
        track = Sneaky Snitch
        track = Maccary Bay
        track = Lobby Time
        track = Marty Gots a Plan
        track = Kool Kats
        track = The Builder
        track = Deadly Roulette
    }
    playWhen
    {
        scene = MissionControl
    }
}
playlist
{
    name = Research complex ambience
    loop = True
    shuffle = True
    preloadTime = 5
    pauseOnGamePause = True
    disableAfterPlay = False
    tracks
    {
        track = Pamgaea
        track = Dances and Dames
        track = Chill Wave
        track = Enter the Maze
        track = Funky Chunk
        track = Ossuary 6 - Air
        track = Ossuary 5 - Rest
        track = Plain_Loafer
        track = KSP_ResearchAndDevelopment
        track = Sneaky Snitch
        track = Bass Walker
        track = Unwritten Return
        track = Breakdown
        track = Deadly Roulette
        track = AcidJazz
        track = Ossuary 7 - Resolve
        track = Mandeville
        track = Backbay Lounge
        track = Aces High
    }
    playWhen
    {
        scene = RnDComplex
    }
}
playlist
{
    name = Tracking station ambience
    loop = True
    shuffle = True
    preloadTime = 5
    pauseOnGamePause = True
    disableAfterPlay = False
    tracks
    {
        track = Sardana
        track = Impact Prelude
        track = Mandeville
        track = Stealth Groover
        track = Babylon
        track = Teller of the Tales
        track = Ossuary 6 - Air
        track = Knew_a_Guy
        track = Maccary Bay
        track = Eternity
        track = Hiding Your Reality
        track = Laid Back Guitars
        track = KSP_TrackingStation
        track = Basement Floor
        track = Loopster
        track = Ossuary 5 - Rest
        track = Spellbound
        track = Bicycle
        track = Lightless Dawn
        track = Easy Jam
        track = DD Groove
    }
    playWhen
    {
        scene = TrackingStation
    }
}
playlist
{
    name = Space
    loop = True
    shuffle = True
    preloadTime = 5
    pauseOnGamePause = True
    disableAfterPlay = False
    tracks
    {
        track = Tabuk
        track = Numinous Shine
        track = Dreamy Flashback
        track = Leopard Print Elevator
        track = Babylon
        track = Deep Haze
        track = Basement Floor
        track = Enter the Maze
        track = KSP_SpaceAmbience02
        track = DD Groove
        track = Impact Lento
        track = Lightless Dawn
        track = Willow and the Light
        track = Finding the Balance
        track = Bathed in the Light
        track = Impact Prelude
        track = Laid Back Guitars
        track = Darkest Child
        track = Oppressive Gloom
        track = On the Ground
        track = Mysterioso March
        track = Killing Time
        track = Stealth Groover
        track = Arcadia
        track = Maccary Bay
        track = Frost Waltz (Alternate)
        track = Ossuary 6 - Air
        track = Peaceful Desolation
        track = KSP_SpaceAmbience04
        track = Babylon
        track = Decisions
        track = Bicycle
        track = Severe Tire Damage
        track = Dragon and Toast
        track = Eternity
        track = On the Shore
        track = Knew_a_Guy
        track = Frozen Star
        track = Lost Frontier
        track = Ossuary 5 - Rest
        track = The Other Side of the Door
        track = Martian Cowboy
        track = KSP_SpaceAmbience01
        track = Secrets of the Schoolyard
        track = Frost Waltz
        track = Video Dungeon Boss
        track = Double Drift
        track = KSP_SpaceAmbience03
        track = Your Call
        track = One Sly Move
        track = Floating Cities
        track = Funky Chunk
        track = Firmament
        track = Chill Wave
        track = Over Under
        track = Bass Vibes
        track = Easy Jam
        track = Jellyfish in Space
        track = Thunder Dreams
        track = Loopster
        track = Hiding Your Reality
        track = Hypnothis
        track = Wizardtorium
        track = Long Note Two
        track = Intrepid
        track = Fairytale Waltz
        track = Mandeville
        track = The Snow Queen
        track = Unwritten Return
    }
    playWhen
    {
        inAtmosphere = False
        scene = Flight
    }
}
playlist
{
    name = Menu Ambience
    loop = True
    shuffle = True
    preloadTime = 5
    pauseOnGamePause = True
    disableAfterPlay = False
    playAfter = Menu theme
    tracks
    {
        track = Deadly Roulette
        track = Kool Kats
        track = Cuban Sandwich
        track = Funky Chunk
        track = Stealth Groover
        track = Sneaky Snitch
    }
    playWhen
    {
        scene = MainMenu
    }
}
playlist
{
    name = Menu theme
    loop = True
    shuffle = True
    preloadTime = 5
    pauseOnGamePause = True
    disableAfterPlay = False
    tracks
    {
        track = Sneaky Snitch
        track = Deadly Roulette
        track = Stealth Groover
        track = Kool Kats
        track = Cuban Sandwich
        track = Funky Chunk
    }
    playWhen
    {
        scene = MainMenu
    }
}
playlist
{
    name = Space Center Ambience Day
    loop = True
    shuffle = False
    preloadTime = 5
    pauseOnGamePause = True
    disableAfterPlay = False
    tracks
    {
        track = dobroide-forest
    }
    playWhen
    {
        scene = SpaceCentre
    }
}
playlist
{
    name = Space Center Ambience Night
    loop = True
    shuffle = False
    preloadTime = 5
    pauseOnGamePause = True
    disableAfterPlay = False
    tracks
    {
        track = dobroide-night-forest
    }
    playWhen
    {
        scene = SpaceCentre
    }
}
playlist
{
    name = Pre-Launch Day
    loop = True
    shuffle = False
    preloadTime = 5
    pauseOnGamePause = True
    disableAfterPlay = False
    tracks
    {
        track = dobroide-forest
    }
    playWhen
    {
        scene = Flight
        situation = PRELAUNCH
        bodyName = Kerbin
    }
}
playlist
{
    name = Pre-Launch Night
    loop = True
    shuffle = False
    preloadTime = 5
    pauseOnGamePause = True
    disableAfterPlay = False
    tracks
    {
        track = dobroide-night-forest
    }
    playWhen
    {
        scene = Flight
        situation = PRELAUNCH
        bodyName = Kerbin
    }
}

All tracks listed are royalty free by by Kevin McLeod (with "Maccary Bay" featuring Brett VanDonsel).  I have downloaded about 100 or so songs from his website = approx 670mb or 630mb when zipped).   

If anyone is really interested,  I can package this as an add-on for Soundtrack Editor (like others who have created music packs in the past) with @pizzaoverhead blessing of course.  :) 

This would be my 1st 'mod' so to speak so any guidance/links on doing it right would be great if there is interest.  

I want to give back to the Kerbal community if I can.  Let me know guys!  Thanks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.