[1.6.1] Soundtrack Editor 4.6 (2019-01-28)

pizzaoverhead

Malmen is the creator of some really nice music. Elliptical Orbit, Eagle Nebula and Space Traveller are perfectly fitting for the space playlist, and some of the others like Sleepy On Sedatives or Sunbird could work as exploration music on celestial bodies, once that's implemented.

I can't find any license for them, so it might not be possible to include them in the pack; but they're free to download, so anyone interested can take a look.

Edited by Hurry, Starfish!

Hey Does this mod take up much space?, i'm guessing not

Hard disk space? A couple of megabytes for the mod itself, plus any tracks you use with it.

Memory space? The mod itself doesn't, but every track you add does. I'm working on a new version that won't have this issue, but it'll take a while.

Hard disk space? A couple of megabytes for the mod itself, plus any tracks you use with it.

Memory space? The mod itself doesn't, but every track you add does. I'm working on a new version that won't have this issue, but it'll take a while.

Can't wait for that, I had to remove some other mods in order to let this work with enough music on my 4Gb-RAM-computer. Maybe you can use the VLC Media Player or the Audacity source code?

Awesome :D (I wanted to know due the amount of mods I'm using :P)

Edited by Boamere

Nice tracks! I like the idea of having specific fanfare pieces for achieving your firsts!

If you can make a iMUSE-like dynamic music system like in good old TIE Fighter, you win the Internet.

(but plz make your mod lighter on memory usage, I keep having RAM crashes !)

The Mac version of KSP does not have a KSP_Data folder - I've tried just loading the game with the mod placed into a KSP_Data folder of my making (just copied and pasted from the zip file) but it does not work. Any ideas?

We took a few stabs at this several pages back. The conclusion I arrived at is that we'd need to rebuild the KSP.app application package to get it [mp3s] to work, but if you can get any of pizza overhead's suggestions to work, I'd be most interested. Obviously rebuilding KSP is not an option for us.

Start with this post: here

Okay, thank you. Ran a search for Linux, Mac, and OS X but not OS-X! Appreciate you linking that.

From what I am reading, it seems like .ogg files should work fine on a Mac. I'll convert in Audacity and give it a go. Thanks!

UPDATE:

That works! It crashed at first, but it seems like I had too many mods installed. Memory usage was at 2.5 GB when it crashed. Removing a few random mods seemed to do the trick. I ended up just getting of Universe Replacer in the end and it worked out fine - odd though, I only had changed the celestial texture.

Edited by captainreynolds

We took a few stabs at this several pages back. The conclusion I arrived at is that we'd need to rebuild the KSP.app application package to get it [mp3s] to work, but if you can get any of pizza overhead's suggestions to work, I'd be most interested. Obviously rebuilding KSP is not an option for us.

Start with this post: here

I haven't had any ideas about this I'm afraid. I need to find someone with an OS-X machine to borrow. Are you still seeing the crash to desktop with setting the space centre ambiance to none?

I cannot for the life of me find out how to set songs for different planets, or set songs that play on rapid unexpected dissasembly, or during re-entry. The OP, Readme, and others have no explanation of this! How do I do this?

Those features haven't been added yet. Chatterer does allow ambiance for planet surfaces however.

I haven't had any ideas about this I'm afraid. I need to find someone with an OS-X machine to borrow. Are you still seeing the crash to desktop with setting the space centre ambiance to none?

I haven't tried lately (as in: since I reported it), but I suspect yes. I just have it set to a track I made with 1 second of silence.... I'll try again when I get home from work this evening.

Edit (to avoid a short double post) - Yes, it still crashes when the SpaceCenter track is set to "none".

Edited by Cydonian Monk

More suggestions:

- Playing buttons using ToolBar: Play/Pause, Prev/Next.

- Immo, streaming songs from disk (no memory load in game) is a very important feature to be achieved. The medium player interested in this mod is probably the long term player, who usually uses a lot of mods and have memory issues with the KSP 32bit base.

More suggestions:

- Playing buttons using ToolBar: Play/Pause, Prev/Next.

- Immo, streaming songs from disk (no memory load in game) is a very important feature to be achieved. The medium player interested in this mod is probably the long term player, who usually uses a lot of mods and have memory issues with the KSP 32bit base.

My idea: one button in the toolbar, which reveals a play, pause, stop, next, previous and a list button (which shows all musicfiles). +1 for the stream-from-disk feature

Nice mod, I liked the music, but it is quite memory intensive and take some time to load, my already heavilly modded game can't stomach it, is there any way for a mod to run as separate program and just take the info about user location VAB, space e.tc. from the game process?

Love this mod; I'm glad it's been made and can't wait for more music to be added to the game later.

So I decided to add more music to the list from Kevin MacLeod @ incompetech.com website. After I placed several MP3 files and loaded the game. I have been getting crashes when I visit either the VAB or the SPH.

I couldn't figure out what the cause was due to not being able to understand the crash logs. So I decided to take the MP3's out and no crashes. I put 1 MP3 back in and reloaded the game, then bam crash again.

I converted the same MP3 to OGG and it didn't crash... Dono what to say other than MP3's crash the game when either the VAB/SPH loaded.

Do they need to be a specific format?

:edit:

Also this is in Win7x64.

Edited by ToadStoned

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.