[1.6.1] Soundtrack Editor 4.6 (2019-01-28)

pizzaoverhead

Is there any way to make this mod as separate application that will run along with KSP and play music along the enviroment change. I found that mod just takes too much memory for my already modded KSP to run properly.

Future plans

• Unloading tracks not currently being played from memory; streaming from disk.

I sincerely hope that feature will become a reality soon. This mod is awesome, but I had to uninstall it because of the amount of RAM it takes, due to all the nice sounds and music loaded.

Questa mi era sfuggita... bella fregatura:rolleyes:

Quante traccie hai inserito?

I had 26 music tracks (~ 110 MB in all). I am sure others have more, but due to the amount of other mods I load in KSP, every MB of RAM counts.

(I'm sure you don't need this translated).

Is there any way to make this mod as separate application that will run along with KSP and play music along the enviroment change. I found that mod just takes too much memory for my already modded KSP to run properly.

No, but I'm working on making it not use as much memory.

Questa mi era sfuggita... bella fregatura:rolleyes:

Quante traccie hai inserito?

Why the first song played in space is not always the same?

I made my own playlist, with a perfect theme to reach space (exits from atmosphere), but I've never heard it in the correct order. Don't know why is shuffling the songs. Usually even play first the squad songs, despite to be in the last places of the playlist. :P

This is important for my role playing, someone could help?

Why the first song played in space is not always the same?

I made my own playlist, with a perfect theme to reach space (exits from atmosphere), but I've never heard it in the correct order. Don't know why is shuffling the songs. Usually even play first the squad songs, despite to be in the last places of the playlist. :P

This is important for my role playing, someone could help?

The track ordering is decided by the Squad music controller. I'll be rewriting it in future to support random or sequential tracks, but there isn't a way to do it currently.

Must be there some type of trick to get one specific song at first, because lately I seem to achieve play one of my songs as first (but not the correct one).

Hopeful to found, because I can't wait so much cool features in your next release... :D

Thank you pizzaoverhead.

@Proot

Is randomly online for space music. Menù and VAB/SPH are always sequential as I know...

(I'm sure you don't need this translated).

Eheh no :)

Edited by Preliator

Nesano: rest assured there are thousands of users happy to use this mod, and none found a problem like you wrote.

If you want to report a problem, try your best at identifying what that may be related with, post in the relevant thread and give all information you have useful to catch and squash the bug.

Making a single sentence like you did is really useless, unless your motives are different. But in that case, you won't be allowed a second chance.

Great mod!

Also thanks to pointing towards the composer's website. :)

The only downside of this is - you can only add so much tracks before you keep crashing KPS because you run out of memory (especially with an already heavily modded game), but that is a KSP problem not a problem with the mod.

But if you keep your selection reasonable it is juuust peachy!

Looking forward to those other improvements you're planning.

Edited by Space Ace

Great mod!

Also thanks to pointing towards the composer's website. :)

The only downside of this is - you can only add so much tracks before you keep crashing KPS because you run out of memory (especially with an already heavily modded game), but that is a KSP problem not a problem with the mod.

But if you keep your selection reasonable it is juuust peachy!

Looking forward to those other improvements you're planning.

what is this KPS you speak of? XD

Must be there some type of trick to get one specific song at first, because lately I seem to achieve play one of my songs as first (but not the correct one).

Hopeful to found, because I can't wait so much cool features in your next release... :D

The cheap -n- cheesy way would be to prefix the filenames -- is it sorting audio files by alpha?

So, do i just forget the stupid KSP_Data thing? I use Mac FTW :cool:

Yes, MP3 support is broken for Mac and Linux at the moment, so you can ignore that bit for now. It still works fine for WAV and OGG, and all the included tracks are OGG.

The cheap -n- cheesy way would be to prefix the filenames -- is it sorting audio files by alpha?

The way it currently works is "whatever way stock does it", so there may be some way to get them to play in the order you want. I'm rewriting that part to make it more flexible however.

Seems like a good mod, however when I tried to put a few songs into it (mp3 songs), it crashed the game before I could press 'Start Game'. Is there a way for me to fix this or is it just my windows 7 computer being a windows 7 computer?

Seems like a good mod, however when I tried to put a few songs into it (mp3 songs), it crashed the game before I could press 'Start Game'. Is there a way for me to fix this or is it just my windows 7 computer being a windows 7 computer?

Try it again with just one added song -- you may be bouncing against the memory limit even before the game loads. ;)

I love this mod. Before, I just had my music player running in the background, but I found that I missed hearing the original tracks. But with this, I can add in tracks that work with the game, and keep hearing the originals. Can't wait for the dynamic loading/unloading and Celestial body-specific config options.

• 2 weeks later...

My custom music for this pack, which goes alongside the music that comes with the mods (I removed four default mod tracks: Mysterioso March, Peaceful Desolation, Numinous Shine, and On the shore, However. I didn't like those.)

SPACE:

Excursion Funnel, Robot Ghost Story, Overgrowth, and The Future Starts With You (Songs from Portal 2)

No Cake For You (Song from Portal)

CONSTRUCTION

Bring Your Daughter to Work Day (Song from Portal 2)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.