[1.0] Hangar Extender v3.3

Snjo

First, my Community and I want to thank you a lot for your work at Firespitter and the Hangar Extender!

Without both, we have only have half of fun, i think. But without the Hangar Extender... its very difficult to reach the top of our rockets now =D

I have no idea how to code a plugin in KSP, nore how to find all the model-names, so i cant help you out. But i hope, you can mess with all the changes from 0.25 to 0.90. And we hope, you can get it ASAP...

Offtopic: Is there any source for the names of default model-filenames like the VAB? I tried to understand your code of the plugin and realized that the models have been changed, but couldn't find the new models in gamedata. Eventually i try to learn how to build plugins if i understand/find all the API and models stuff...

Again, thank you a lot for your time and hard work!

Greatings from Germany,

Gollor

Arts of FPS - Community-Admin

• 2 weeks later...
The updated way to mess with the camera and bounds is here:

https://github.com/NathanKell/RealSolarSystem/blob/master/Source/CameraFixer.cs

Snjo, hope that helps. :)

I'm suck at compiling, is there any way you can release a compiled version of that? For some reason my RO game won't allow my crafts to extend higher than the VAB.

Uh, I can't. What that was, was me giving Snjo some information on how he can fix Hangar Extender for .90, not some magic thing you can just drop in and compile fresh. That's a source file from a completely different mod. :]

Oh, derp. Sorry bout that, didn't realize you were responding to the Mod Creator (I should probably pay more attention, lol). The problem still stands about my crafts not expanding larger than the vab, so I can't launch a full-size Saturn V vessel, but I'll see if I can find an answer in the RSS thread so I don't derail this one.

It doesn't seem to be working for me :/

I press * but it just doesn't get bigger in SPH or VAB.

Well, that was what I was trying to convey in the patch notes. The models SPH/VAB don't have a scaling function anymore, and the * does nothing. The work area and camera constraints are scaled though, so nothing is stopping you from going large, other than it looking odd to move outside the buildings. Finding the proper objects to do that takes some digging and experimenting if they have been changed. If not, it should be easy enough to do. But at the moment the entire code from the previous version has been tossed out, so it's a matter of re-implementing the right set of stuff.

No, that wouldn't be easy or bug free at all :)

............. sarcasme? :blush:

I can't tell, cause I have resized some things, and that seems to work fine so far, but I don't have much experience with that so I honestly arn't sure if you are being sarcastic. :P

Anywho, there's no chance in hell I'm re-sizing my DS9 (well, not MY ds9 but you get my point :D ).

I simply loaded it into 0.24, added what I wanted in the outermost areas, then loaded it up in 0.90 and added everything I needed in the center of parts that I don't have in 0.24. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.