[1.0] Hangar Extender v3.3

Snjo

I haven't updated the mod on the main mod sites yet, but you can find it here for 0.90

Updated the first post with the correct link

Might want to update the thread title though, was about to ask if it was updated for 0.90, heh.

Moving the ship around when above the VAB is a bit sticky, but um, seems okay.

EDIT: I'm seeing purple rings with the rotate and offset functions in the VAB/SPH, is that this mods doing??? Edit: Nope it isn't.

Edited by smjjames

just got the .90 eddition, how do i make it bigger agin?

You don't anymore. I disabled all the old code, and haven't attempted to scale the models yet, so for now you simply have to build through the walls, or on the ground outside if the walls a re a problem. Unfortunately a craft built far away will also launch in an odd location, so moving it back to center before launch may be necessary in some cases.

I know it`s quite a stupid question, but how do I install this?

Just extract the folder to the GameData folder so you end up with a folder KSP_win\Gamedata\HangarExtender\ or something similar. IT really doesn't matter where it's extracted in there because it's just a dll, but it's good to keep things tidy, especially if I re-implement the settings file, which would require the correct path.

Hello!

Just wanted to report that your 0.90 rebuild works great!

- Works fine with Kronal Vessel Viewer

- Saving and loading a craft with the root part outside the walls causes no issues

- Launching a craft with the root part outside the walls causes no issues (at least for me)

Also, should you be able to move the camera outside and around the walls? Or does this only extend the camera upwards and downwards?

Thanks.

Hello!

Just wanted to report that your 0.90 rebuild works great!

- Works fine with Kronal Vessel Viewer

- Saving and loading a craft with the root part outside the walls causes no issues

- Launching a craft with the root part outside the walls causes no issues (at least for me)

Also, should you be able to move the camera outside and around the walls? Or does this only extend the camera upwards and downwards?

Thanks.

I can't move the camera outide and around the walls, I can only get as far as the scaffolding and catwalks. Going up or down works fine. Can't go below the floor though as that's hardcoded.

Uh, Hangarextender has suddenly stopped working for me. I don't know when exactly since I hadn't wanted to go above the VAB until a moment ago. It WAS working some time ago, but now it isn't.

Trying a redownload.

Edit: Well, I deleted the post thinking it was fixed, but I guess not.

It's working in the sandbox save that I have, but it's broken in the main save. I did have a hell kraken attack a ship earlier today that was on it's way to Jool and even a backup reload via Nereids backup system couldn't save it. No idea if it broke earlier than that or not though.

Edit2: And now it's not working in the sandbox one either??? Starting a new one to see what the heck is going on. Editwhiletyping: nope.

Edit3: This is just wierd, it works fine the first time you go into the VAB, but the moment you leave the VAB and come back, it stops working. Although hitting new vessel seems to reset it. Some wierd bug I guess.

Edited by smjjames

There's no button anymore according to the OP and the change log. It simply allows the camera to move outside the boundaries.

You can only move above the VAB and SPH, you can't zoom out beyond the walls of the VAB. Haven't really tested for sure on the SPH.

Try this one and see if it works well

v3.1 for KSP 0.90

Download

If the work area and camera movement stays small after loading the SPH/VAB, press the hotkey to reattempt the fix.

The default hotkey is Numpad *. This key is reconfigurable in settings.txt.

For the custom key to work, the settings.txt file MUST be placed in GameData\FShangarExtender\settings.txt

The reason the scaling sometimes doesn't happen is probably due to timing between the scaling attempts and the speed the game loads the scene and settings.

I still can't zoom out horizontially any further than the scaffolding in the VAB, shouldn't I be able to?

You are absolutely right! I had somehow dropped the line that updates the max zoom. Get the new version.

v3.2

Download

-Fixed camera max zoom distance not being set. Stayed at default 35m, Now 1000m.

Very handy mod!

QUESTION!!!!!!

What exactly is '*' supposed to do? It doesnt appear to change anything for me, and the readme indicates that it should change the hangar scale? It does nothing for me. It seems to jet out to max distance for my bigger ships forcing me to scroll for almost a full minute just to get close enough to work, and the camera becomes super slow and lethargic.

Realistically, I only need the camera to zoom to about half again it's default. Is there a way to set that up? I use mostly the SPH, and the largest ship i'll ever build will be about 100 meters (which is my space carrier).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.