HotRockets! Particle FX Replacement + Tutorial

Nazari1382

So I searched around and saw that Akira_R was making configs for Ven's revamp some time ago. Was that every finished? I'd really love to have plume expansion work for that mod. Those engines look too great to swap out. Also, is there some kind of compilation of all the community-made configs for mods for this anywhere?

So I searched around and saw that Akira_R was making configs for Ven's revamp some time ago. Was that every finished? I'd really love to have plume expansion work for that mod. Those engines look too great to swap out. Also, is there some kind of compilation of all the community-made configs for mods for this anywhere?

Unfortunately no I never finished the configs for Ven, I was under the impression that someone else jumped on that, as usual I have been super busy and haven't even been on the forums in a month, also unfortunately there is no collection of community configs at the moment. I have been threatening to start a new thread with updated configs and everything for over a year now lol, and every time it looks like I'll have some free time to start something invariably comes up.

Unfortunately no I never finished the configs for Ven, I was under the impression that someone else jumped on that, as usual I have been super busy and haven't even been on the forums in a month, also unfortunately there is no collection of community configs at the moment. I have been threatening to start a new thread with updated configs and everything for over a year now lol, and every time it looks like I'll have some free time to start something invariably comes up.

Ah, alright, well thanks. I hope you do find some time for it in the future, it would be very cool. Also, is there any config for the engines from Tantares?

The squad config for the the ION engine is incorrect has the wrong part listed (PB-ION is now IX-6315) I have corrected this on my install. I also cannot see any of the effects on the launch pad but in space they work fine if somebody can tell me what needs to be added for the atmospheric side it would be greatly appreciated

I have tried making a config for KW Rocketry engines (based of Akira_R's configs), though to no avail. I tried opening up the Squad config for HotRockets and using that as a jumping off point for a new KW config, and inputting Akira_R's values in place of the Squad engine values, but no matter what the KW engine looks and behaves as if it were using the stock effects (white/blue flames and the like). Anybody know how to go about actually making configs for this amazing pack? A word from the author of HotRockets would be great, but anybody who knows their way around HotRockets configs (the new config layout, anyway) would be greatly appreciated.

I was looking at Real Plume, Realism Overhaul's rocket effects mod. It uses SmokeScreen as well as a bunch of engine ModularManager configs in a subdirectory in RealismOverHaul itself. Sure looks a lot simpler than HotRockets. Almost willing to try to get it to work with stock engines, as I don't think it would be that tough and it's under active development.

I just saw that, too, Jacke. I've been waiting for Real Plume to be available outside of Realism Overhaul, and now that it is, I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl. I can't wait to apply some realistic-looking launch flames (the red-orange look that HotRockets provides)!

• 3 weeks later...

This is an awesome mod, however I have a small issue. The effects for the Poodle engine look all crappy, not at all like what is shown in the pictures here. This is what I'm seeing:h8gfmdQ.jpgIs there any way to make it look like what I see in the pictures?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi. This is a fantastic plugin, however, I am having one small issue. The poodle engine looks all crappy, not at all like what is shown in the pictures here. This is what I'm seeing:

h8gfmdQ.jpgIs there any way to make it look like the engine in the pictures?

• 3 weeks later...

Question: My FX is offset on the X-axis from the center of my engine, and I have tried both localPositon and fxOffset. Neither work. Is there something I am doing wrong?

MODULE

{

name = ModuleEnginesFX

thrustVectorTransformName = thrustTransform

runningEffectName = powerflame

exhaustDamage = True

ignitionThreshold = 0.1

minThrust = 0

maxThrust = 185

heatProduction = 140

fxOffset = 0, 0, 1.5

EngineType = LiquidFuel

(The rest of the code works fine. Do I need to use localOffset?)

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone have a green flame effect? I find I am in need of one and don't want to re-invent the wheel. Thanks in advance.

You could manually change the hue of the textures if you want. It's quite easy with paint.net.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.