HotRockets! Particle FX Replacement + Tutorial

Nazari1382

I did remove the old MM DLLs, but the problem still persists. Trying without DRE now, stay tuned...

Update: Seems this mod and Deadly Reentry Continued are mutually exclusive, if you want either to work correctly. If anyone knows a solution, let us know.

"That's Deadly Reentry, and they're not using the latest version. Tell them to update to DRE v4.2. What's happening is the DRE was not handling ModuleEngineFX properly, and so it's being given very low maximum g-Force values and very low peak temperatures."

- that's what Ferram told me about the heat issue.

This looks beautiful. I can't test it yet because I'm on vacation, but as far as I can see is the Poodle engine exhaust a bit too much. The Poodle is an orbital maneuvering engine so its' exhaust shouldn't be so large and orange :P.

The reason this breaks with DRE is because the modulemanager patch in DRE expects ModuleEngines, not ModuleEnginesFX. To fix this for now, for each engine that this modifies, find its entry in DeadlyReentry.cfg and

1. change @PART[whatever] to @PART[whatever]:Final

2. Right below, change @MODULE[ModuleEngines] to @MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]

Note that what *really* won't work with this is Real Fuels. In fact, Bad Things could happen if you try to run them both together.

Does this mod take up much ram, because i was using it while playing interstellar (I was nowhere near the memory cap of 3gigs) and i was using engines from interstellar for ages and it didn't crash once, then today I decided to test out this mod and use one of the default ksp engines, afer playing for 15 mins i reverted flight and it crashed instantly, anyone have any idea why?

Edit: the odd thing was after the crash chrome wouldn't load and my computer sound was gone

Edited by Boamere

I can make something wide like that for the poodle specifically, but making it switch based on pressure is something a coder would need to help with.

Eventually, I'd like to see that, too, but no need to rush. People usually turn on poodle engines in space.

Hrm, instead of needing a plugin, could you define a resource (like intakeAir) which is collected (and used) by the engines wherever there is any kind of atmosphere

And using the automatic engine multimode in 0.23, have the second mode (thrust/isp functionally identical to the first) kick in (with the vacumn sized effects) when this essentially atmosphere detecting resource runs out

It's a bit kludgy (and you'd be able to toggle the 'in vacumn effects' manually) but it might work

Has anyone gotten DRE and this mod to work properly? I have the newest version of DRE (4.3) and the newest version of this, and my engines, specifically my LV-N's on my lander, still overheat and explode.

Um did you look back a few pages?

The reason this breaks with DRE is because the modulemanager patch in DRE expects ModuleEngines, not ModuleEnginesFX. To fix this for now, for each engine that this modifies, find its entry in DeadlyReentry.cfg and

1. change @PART[whatever] to @PART[whatever]:Final

2. Right below, change @MODULE[ModuleEngines] to @MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]

Note that what *really* won't work with this is Real Fuels. In fact, Bad Things could happen if you try to run them both together.

First modder to scale exhaust trails based on atmospheric pressure gets... well, nothing, but it would be awesome

http://i.imgur.com/lcRKUcT.jpg

We really need a coder to work on the pressure effects asap! But don't rush. :)

I had meant a nice easy fix instead of .cfg file editing, especially since when I open that cfg in notepad the formatting is all weird.

no I think thats the only fix for now :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.