HotRockets! Particle FX Replacement + Tutorial

Nazari1382

Well it can, but it's not the radiation that glows green. It is more like fluorescence or phosphorescence where energetic photons are absorbed, and then released at a longer wavelength (which is visible light)

Awesome mod. Love using it. Only two minor issues I have with it. At low throttle the engines have an unnatural exhaust plume, it shouldn't be that big, also there is no sound. Second is the jet engine looks beautiful, but the high tone sounds too much like a harmonica. It should be single sine tonal if you are going for the turbine whine.

See this mod for details. The folder order has to be correct.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/54442-Sounds-for-your-ion-drives!

I have previously used this,and works,but if i use with this mod,the sound is gone,so i guess the sound must be set in MM.cfg for this mod.

Edited by sebi.zzr

I have previously used this,and works,but if i use with this mod,the sound is gone,so i guess the sound must be set in MM.cfg for this mod.

It is, and the sound lines are removed from the ion engine. You can try copying the sound modules from another engine in the cfg and switch out the names for custom sounds (might need to name them modfolder/soundname)

do you mean like this:

AUDIO

{

channel = Ship

clip = modfolder/soundname

volume = 0.0 0.0

volume = 1.0 1.0

pitch = 0.0 0.2

pitch = 1.0 1.0

loop = true

}

}

EDIT:i made new folder GameData/sound/Sounds/sound_ion.waw and works:

AUDIO

{

channel = Ship

clip = sound/Sounds/sound_ion

volume = 0.0 0.0

volume = 1.0 1.0

pitch = 0.0 0.2

pitch = 1.0 1.0

loop = true

}

Thank you

Edited by sebi.zzr

I'm not ure if my situation is because of the mod or my low fx settings, but my Skipper and Mainsail engines have actually lost their effects. The LV-T45 works just as advertised though.

EDIT: And a restart fixed it it seems... Oh well

C9nlQxY.png

Edited by Mokmo

Is it possible to make the engine effect get larger with rescale? I wanted to size-up my edited ion engine, and the effect stayed small. Do I need to make a new effect for that scale, or use a different one?

I've been trying to figure this out myself and so far no luck.

This is the problem

4w5V8I3.jpg

Is it possible to make the engine effect get larger with rescale? I wanted to size-up my edited ion engine, and the effect stayed small. Do I need to make a new effect for that scale, or use a different one?

You can't do this right now, but you will be able to when Sarbian's plugin is out.

Something I just noticed, I don't know if this is with every engine or just the poodle, but the effect doesn't decrease when you turn the throttle down. The sound just goes down.

Probably looks that way because of the speed - the emission ramps up but the speed starts off high

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.