HotRockets! Particle FX Replacement + Tutorial

Nazari1382

Hey guys... wondering if you'd be interested in this...

30d9yl1.png

2jca8p1.png

If so I made a module to help out... just pop the module in your cfg... change the settings and you'll get grow/shrink for all the KSP particle effects on the vessel. You can make it change by speed, heat, or atmospheric density. Values can be positive or negative...

MODULE

{

name = IDKspParticleChanger

enableParticleSizeChange = true

sizeChangeBySpeed = true

sizeChangeWithHeat = false

sizeChangeWithAtmos = false

changeRate = 10

affectMaxLife = false

affectMaxPSize = true

}

Instructions:

1) pop the dll into any plugins folder... doesn't matter which.

2) add the cfg entry above to any part that uses a kspparticleeffect exported from unity via parttools... also works on the rapier engine... as seen above.

3) change settings to suit your needs.

Notes: I haven't tested the change with heat or atmdensity yet. Have fun!

Here is the dll

Edited by InfiniteDice

Hey guys... wondering if you'd be interested in this...

http://i44.tinypic.com/30d9yl1.png

http://i41.tinypic.com/2jca8p1.png

If so I made a module to help out... just pop the module in your cfg... change the settings and you'll get grow/shrink for all the KSP particle effects on the vessel. You can make it change by speed, heat, or atmospheric density. Values can be positive or negative...

MODULE

{

sizeChangeBySpeed = true

changeRate = 10

affectMaxLife = false

affectMaxPSize = true

}

Instructions:

1) pop the dll into any plugins folder... doesn't matter which.

2) add the cfg entry above to any part that uses a kspparticleeffect exported from unity via parttools... also works on the rapier engine... as seen above.

3) change settings to suit your needs.

Notes: I haven't tested the change with heat or atmdensity yet. Have fun!

Here is the dll

I'm Probably doing something wrong but i can't get this to work. Just to be sure can the plugin go in GameData/MP_Nazari/Plugins

I'm Probably doing something wrong but i can't get this to work. Just to be sure can the plugin go in GameData/MP_Nazari/Plugins

Yeah that's fine... try applying it to the stock rapier engine. If that works but it doesn't work with Nazari's stuff just let me know.

Yeah that's fine... try applying it to the stock rapier engine. If that works but it doesn't work with Nazari's stuff just let me know.

Ok i tried rapier engine and still no luck.

Is this how the .cfg should be

TechRequired = hypersonicFlight

entryCost = 65000

cost = 5900

category = Propulsion

subcategory = 0

title = R.A.P.I.E.R. Engine

manufacturer = C7 Aerospace Division and Rockmax Conglomerate

description = The R.A.P.I.E.R. (Reactive Alternate-Propellant Intelligent Engine for Rockets) is a joint venture between C7 Aerospace and the Rockomax Conglomerate. Designed to fill a gap in the design requirements for sustainable single stage to orbit aircraft, this engine combines the best of rocket and air-breathing thrust technology.

// attachment rules: stack, srfAttach, allowStack, allowSrfAttach, allowCollision

attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

MODULE

{

sizeChangeBySpeed = true

changeRate = 10

affectMaxLife = false

affectMaxPSize = true

}

EFFECTS

{

running_closed

{

AUDIO

{

channel = Ship

clip = sound_rocket_spurts

volume = 0.0 0.0

volume = 1.0 1.0

pitch = 0.0 0.2

pitch = 1.0 1.0

loop = true

Ok i tried rapier engine and still no luck.

I'd pop it down lower at the bottom, not sure if load order would be a factor, the plugins directory doesn't matter... make sure it's Plugins, and not plugins... :)

If anyone else can confirm this is working we can narrow down what's wrong.

Can some one tell me what, I need to change to get the FX closer to the engine or farther away and maybe wider ?

I haven't fiddled around with the configs :/

Also is this being updated at all?

ERMAGHERD!

I love these! :D

ERHMAHGERD WERTER!

I love this mod, it's beautiful.

I did a side-by-side comparison video with stock engines:

Something I did notice while making the video is a change in the thrust/ISP on the RT-10 Solid Fuel Booster(imagine test rig spinning out of control).

-

Kolbjorn

Okay, some one help me please, I installed this mod, and suddenly I'm having engine overheat issues, and I think I read somewhere that if you use deadly reentry, you need the latest version. If this is my issue, can someone tell me what version I need? I thought I had the latest. If this isn't my issue, and someone knows what's going on, can you tell me?

Okay, some one help me please, I installed this mod, and suddenly I'm having engine overheat issues, and I think I read somewhere that if you use deadly reentry, you need the latest version. If this is my issue, can someone tell me what version I need? I thought I had the latest. If this isn't my issue, and someone knows what's going on, can you tell me?

You need to do a quick fix so it is compatible with DRE. I quoted it for you

The reason this breaks with DRE is because the modulemanager patch in DRE expects ModuleEngines, not ModuleEnginesFX. To fix this for now, for each engine that this modifies, find its entry in DeadlyReentry.cfg and

1. change @PART[whatever] to @PART[whatever]:Final

2. Right below, change @MODULE[ModuleEngines] to @MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]

Note that what *really* won't work with this is Real Fuels. In fact, Bad Things could happen if you try to run them both together.

The reason this breaks with DRE is because the modulemanager patch in DRE expects ModuleEngines, not ModuleEnginesFX. To fix this for now, for each engine that this modifies, find its entry in DeadlyReentry.cfg and

Note that what *really* won't work with this is Real Fuels. In fact, Bad Things could happen if you try to run them both together.

Ok, this, way beyond my modding level. This mod is amazing, but I'm going to have to pass, unless the author makes some kind of fix for this with instructions, drag into gamedata folder....

also I noticed that when my engines do get hot, the heat glow doesn't show like in the base game, is that also do to this^ issue or is that something else?

Edited by vardicd

Ok, this, way beyond my modding level. This mod is amazing, but I'm going to have to pass, unless the author makes some kind of fix for this with instructions, drag into gamedata folder....

also I noticed that when my engines do get hot, the heat glow doesn't show like in the base game, is that also do to this^ issue or is that something else?

My Bad ;.;

Edited by Mecripp2
delete post

This mod is amazing, but I'm going to have to pass, unless the author makes some kind of fix for this with instructions, drag into gamedata folder....

OK. Try this file in place of your current Deadly Reentry cfg file in the DRE folder. (Extract this folder to GameData)

http://www./download/bssj1zzpbo5izv8/DeadlyReentry_HotRocketsCFG.zip

EDIT: Ninja'd by Nazari with a working cfg.

MeCripp: Uh, no, no you can't. That's not even in module manager syntax (<> ????), and if it were (@MODULE[ModuleEngines] { @name = ModuleEnginesFX } it wouldn't do what you want. What you want, as I said in the original quoted post, is to update the DeadlyReentry patch file to notice the engines whose modules have been changed, not to change modules itself.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.