free Game made by nasa a lot like KSP

nasa123

I\'ve played that when they released it. It\'s pretty fun actually. Too bad it\'s goal-oriented instead of being a true tycoon game though... I finished it in about 40 minutes, and tycoon games shouldn\'t ever end.

Cheers

yeah its made so that young ppl will want to work for nasa i alredey want to but it needs to be longer if kids/teens will get into space

There are some limitations to free accounts such as no forum postings and a in game credit limit but trust me it has no effect on the awesomeness. I\'m not about to earn ten million credits anytime soon.

since you play a Starfleet officer, the requisitions of ship systems and equipment are pretty competently handled by the single player quest.

Because it was a payware game before, the community is tight and there are some awesome senior players to tag around with if you are lucky to catch them.

A few of us intend to roleplay a bunch of characters from Stargate SG1 just so we happened to run into a Jack O Neill earlier this morning. lol.

There are some limitations to free accounts such as no forum postings and a in game credit limit but trust me it has no effect on the awesomeness. I\'m not about to earn ten million credits anytime soon.

since you play a Starfleet officer, the requisitions of ship systems and equipment are pretty competently handled by the single player quest.

Because it was a payware game before, the community is tight and there are some awesome senior players to tag around with if you are lucky to catch them.

A few of us intend to roleplay a bunch of characters from Stargate SG1 just so we happened to run into a Jack O Neill earlier this morning. lol.

Um, I think you posted that in the wrong thread...

yeah its made so that young ppl will want to work for nasa i alredey want to but it needs to be longer if kids/teens will get into space

Not sure how to say this politely, but if you want to work for NASA strong English skills are a good start. I am assuming that English is your first language and that you are old enough to know better.

[source: Have worked for NASA]

I\'ve played that when they released it. It\'s pretty fun actually. Too bad it\'s goal-oriented instead of being a true tycoon game though... I finished it in about 40 minutes, and tycoon games shouldn\'t ever end.

Cheers

Here\'s two others:

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/3d_resources/station_spacewalk_game.html

http://www.nasa.gov/offices/education/programs/national/ltp/games/moonbasealpha/index.html

So why did I quote HarvesteR? I\'ll tell you. Moonbase Alpha is just like Harvester described... Play once, done in 40 minutes, play twice, done in ten... and that\'s it... No more game play. I\'d assume Station Spacewalk isn\'t any better.

Moonbase Alpha *looks* awesome, it uses the Unreal Engine 3, Graphics, textures, shaders, models, everything, *awesome*... and then you\'re done.

It took longer to get Steam, download / install, and load than it did to play. 2 freekin\' Gigabytes for less than an hour of game-play... Compare that to KSP\'s 100MB download offering *thousands* of hours of entertainment and you get...

EPIC FAIL.

Here\'s two others:

http://www.nasa.gov/offices/education/programs/national/ltp/games/moonbasealpha/index.html

So why did I quote HarvesteR? I\'ll tell you. Moonbase Alpha is just like Harvester described... Play once, done in 40 minutes, play twice, done in ten... and that\'s it... No more game play. I\'d assume Station Spacewalk isn\'t any better.

Moonbase Alpha *looks* awesome, it uses the Unreal Engine 3, Graphics, textures, shaders, models, everything, *awesome*... and then you\'re done.

It took longer to get Steam, download / install, and load than it did to play. 2 freekin\' Gigabytes for less than an hour of game-play... Compare that to KSP\'s 100MB download offering *thousands* of hours of entertainment and you get...

EPIC FAIL.

This is why you don\'t see any serious moonbase alpha gameplay videos :u

Not sure how to say this politely, but if you want to work for NASA strong English skills are a good start. I am assuming that English is your first language and that you are old enough to know better.

[source: Have worked for NASA]

bad at spelling thats why its bad when i tpye but in real life its all good

bad at spelling thats why its bad when i tpye but in real life its all good

You would be spending vast amounts of your time 'tpye'ing at almost any technical job, including even being an astronaut. You will be expected to understand spelling, grammar, and punctuation - spellcheck can only save you from the first of those. You might want to work on those skills.

On the other hand, I know you probably could type clearly if you made the effort, you\'re just sending quick responses on a game forum.

You would be spending vast amounts of your time 'tpye'ing at almost any technical job, including even being an astronaut. You will be expected to understand spelling, grammar, and punctuation - spellcheck can only save you from the first of those. You might want to work on those skills.

On the other hand, I know you probably could type clearly if you made the effort, you\'re just sending quick responses on a game forum.

I dont want to be a astronaut i want to be a person who makes the spacecraft

I dont want to be a astronaut i want to be a person who makes the spacecraft

Perhaps the 'any technical job' part of my post would apply to that too. I\'ll leave it to you to prepare for your chosen career in whatever way you see fit, though!

Your Mom - someone\'s going to be launching things but it might not be NASA, or even US-related. It depends on whether nasa123 considers a satellite a 'spacecraft', but I know first-hand that at least one of NASA\'s unmanned items (SOHO) gets called a spacecraft by the operators.

I\'ll stop derailing the thread now!

Perhaps the 'any technical job' part of my post would apply to that too. I\'ll leave it to you to prepare for your chosen career in whatever way you see fit, though!

Your Mom - someone\'s going to be launching things but it might not be NASA, or even US-related. It depends on whether nasa123 considers a satellite a 'spacecraft', but I know first-hand that at least one of NASA\'s unmanned items (SOHO) gets called a spacecraft by the operators.

I\'ll stop derailing the thread now!

HELP ME, THIS DERAILED TRAIN IS HEAVY! NNNNNNG!

Back on topic, This game is good for simulating what it\'s like to be a commander or orbiters, but nowhere like KSP in any way, shape or form except for the fact that it is in space, and has orbiting.

My two cents.

Here\'s two others:

EPIC FAIL.

alredey have them and played them

EPIC FAIL.

That\'s because Moonbase Alpha comes with *thousands* of hours of text to speech.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.