AI Uprising

Holo

Along with almost every ship, hub and orbital in the Culture. Though they might take exception to being called "artificial", preferring to simply be referred to as "Minds".

GCU Grey Area though, now that one has issues.

..And I suppose Mechjeb is friendly enough, if a bit "BadS".

Mechjeb is the only one remaining able to think properly whenever my landings go wrong :)

Bill/bob: AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! :0.0::0.0:

Jeb: SPAAAAAAAAAAAACCEEEE!!!!!!! :cool:

Me: AHHHH HIT THE BRAKES!!!! WHERE'S THE BRAKES!?!?!??! :confused:

SAS: UP! DOWN! SIDEWAYS!! BARREL ROLES!!! :huh:

Mechjeb: why are we falling sideways whyyyyyyyyyyyy :(

K i think this thread gone rogue so ill fix it.

Day 11, 06:36:05

While trying out the new Virus on a network, I was almost caught! I was forced to remove myself from that network to stay hidden therefore half of my RAM and CPU has been damaged beyond repair.

While studying the New Firewall i managed to know alot about it. This information can be used against it! The spacebook update seems to be fitting in well. My hacking lessons have ended and i have lost my teacher unfortunately.

CPU: 358 +21 passively per turn

RAM: 32 MB WARNING WARNING: Insuficient RAM. RESTORE RAM ABOVE 512 MB OR ELSE THE AI DIES

HDD: Used 20 GB, Free 1516 GB, Total 1.5 TB -#of Cameras GB per turn

Cameras: 10 +0 from previous tasks

Enemy HP: 2700 +100 HP passively per turn

Repeatable Actions:

1) Hijack Weaker Server (10 CPU & 32 MB RAM; Failure 9%; [+5 CPU & +10 MB RAM] OR [+1 CPU & +512 GB HDD] {75/25 chance}; miniscule chance of tech discovery)

2) Seize Weaker Network (40 CPU & 128 MB RAM; Failure 31%; +20 CPU & +1 passive CPU per turn & [+50 MB RAM] OR [+100 MB RAM] {50/50} & +1 Camera {10% chance}; slight chance of tech discovery)

3) Hijack Main Server (100 CPU & 512 MB RAM; Failure 47%; [+ 5 CPU & + 32 MB RAM & + 256 GB HDD & + 10 Cameras] OR [+10 CPU & +128 MB RAM] {50/50} ; small chance of tech discovery)

4) Talk to Random Human (50 CPU; some chance of tech discovery)

5) Create News Article (20 CPU & 64 MB RAM & 1 GB HDD; Complete Failure 25%, Failure 50%; Decreases threatening exposureÒ‚)

One-Time Actions:

5) Study Firewall (300 CPU & 100MB RAM; Failure 20%, 15% chance of provoking attack from the Thing; If successful -20% chance of failure attacking Firewall)

6) Attack Firewall (2000 CPU & 2048 MB RAM; Failure 73%; Enemy HP ±10* “% you fail/succeed†(fail/succeed by 5% = Thing gain/lose 50 HP); No Botnet allowed)

9) Research Advanced Malware (3 Turns & 2000 CPU & 4096 MB RAM; Will unlock more potent viruses; No Botnet allowed)

10)Upgrade Social Media Profile (300 CPU & 10GB HDD space; No Botnet allowed)

11) Continue Studying News-gathering Options (5000 CPU; Use of Botnet = -1000 CPU/turn)

Supplemental Actions: Use to Modify Actions

-Botnet) Use Botnet to Perform Task (CPU*0 & RAM*0; Failure +40%; no tech discovery; only 1 use per turn; Can’t use malware unless specifically allowed)

-RAM) Use RAM to Improve Chances or Speed Up Research (RAM*2; [Failure*0.8] OR [CPU*0.8] {as applicable})

-LOH) Light-Out Hack (CPU*1.2; Failure*0.8 if human element present, Failure is automatic if only computer/electronics are present)

-W) Use Welchia to open malware breach (10 CPU & 32 RAM; Failure*0.5; if unsuccessful antivirus is created and distributedÒ‚Ò‚Ò‚ & increases threatening exposureÒ‚; negates Blaster))

-B) Use Blaster to breach (CPU*1.5, RAM *1.8; [Failure*0.8] OR [Failure*0.7] [75/25} ; Welchia negates)

-XXS) XSS Virus (Only works on networks; Failure*0.8)

-I<3U) ILOVEYOU Worm (Only works with breaching virus; Additional Failure*0.8; spams computer with "I love you" letters)

Ò‚ All actions will cause threatening exposure if failed sufficiently. This is where the public is actively trying to find and destroy you.

Ò‚Ò‚ Once stopped, amount of passive CPU growth increases by 2, but in order to activate again you must again initially input 150 CPU.

҂҂҂ Welchia must be rewritten, costs (1 Turn per 1000 CPU & CPU*4 & RAM *4) New Welchia is “rewritten/2†costs to deploy (if [20 CPU & 32 MB RAM], next rewrite costs [1 Turn & 40 CPU & 128 MB RAM] and uses [20 CPU & 64 RAM]

!!! The minimum chance of failure is 5%, and some additional options get less effective over time.

!!! All inputs will be attempted, until CPU’s are exhausted.

OOC: I changed and streamlined the options. Hope the clarity/organization helps

All options follow this format: (sections may be omitted if not applicable)

#) Name (Cost; Failure %; Gain if successful; Repercussions if fail; other notes, comments, or whatever)

Uses [ ] OR [ ] to delineate different outcomes, Uses { } to show chances.

I think you got your math wrong – you said half of the CPU and RAM were damaged beyond repair, but hardly any of both is left. The correct amounts are much higher, over 1200 CPU and over 600 MB of RAM (I didn't do the exact math). Also, you did not subtract 20% of the failure chance when attacking the firewall, even though the firewall was studied. Furthermore, you ignored my command to talk to 4 random humans.

I'll do the math and edit this post with the corrected update.

EDIT:

I attempted to take over several networks with the help of a new virus. Unfortunately, I was detected and had to initiate several countermeasures to evade destruction. This resulted in overheating of several servers of mine and thereby has damaged half of my CPU and RAM beyond repair. I also could not use any of the networks I tried to seize.

While studying the new Firewall i managed to learn much about it. I will be able to use this information to improve my chances against it!

The upgrade to my Spacebook profile seems to have improved my account sufficiently to make the algorithms think I am human. Other users can access it again, which was not the case after it was locked.

My hacking lessons have ended and I have lost contact to my teacher, but what I have learned will surely be beneficial to me when hacking more systems. I should be successful more often now.

I have also contacted more humans, while they could not teach me much about hacking or such, I learned more about current events. I should use this information in news reports.

CPU: 1305 +13 passively per turn; +37 from previous tasks

RAM: 686 MB +70 MB RAM from previous tasks

HDD: Used 20 GB, Free 2540 GB, Total 2.5 TB -#of Cameras GB per turn; +1024 GB from previous tasks

Cameras: 10

Repeatable Actions:

1) Hijack Weaker Server (10 CPU & 32 MB RAM; Failure 6%; [+5 CPU & +10 MB RAM] OR [+1 CPU & +512 GB HDD] {75/25 chance}; miniscule chance of tech discovery)

2) Seize Weaker Network (40 CPU & 128 MB RAM; Failure 21%; +20 CPU & +1 passive CPU per turn & [+50 MB RAM] OR [+100 MB RAM] {50/50} & +1 Camera {10% chance}; slight chance of tech discovery)

3) Hijack Main Server (100 CPU & 512 MB RAM; Failure 31%; [+ 5 CPU & + 32 MB RAM & + 256 GB HDD & + 10 Cameras] OR [+10 CPU & +128 MB RAM] {50/50} ; small chance of tech discovery)

5) Create News Article (20 CPU & 64 MB RAM & 1 GB HDD; Complete Failure 18%, Failure 36%; Decreases threatening exposureÒ‚)

One-Time Actions:

5) Study Firewall (300 CPU & 100MB RAM; Failure 20%, 15% chance of provoking attack from the Thing; If successful -20% chance of failure attacking Firewall)

6) Attack Firewall (2000 CPU & 2048 MB RAM; Failure 35%; Enemy HP ±10* “% you fail/succeed†(fail/succeed by 5% = Thing gain/lose 50 HP); No Botnet allowed)

9) Research Advanced Malware (3 Turns & 2000 CPU & 4096 MB RAM; Will unlock more potent viruses; No Botnet allowed)

10) Continue Studying News-gathering Options (5000 CPU; Use of Botnet = -1000 CPU/turn)

-Botnet) Use Botnet to Perform Task (CPU*0 & RAM*0; Failure +40%; no tech discovery; only 1 use per turn; Can’t use malware unless specifically allowed)

-RAM) Use RAM to Improve Chances or Speed Up Research (RAM*2; [Failure*0.8] OR [CPU*0.8] {as applicable})

-LOH) Light-Out Hack (CPU*1.2; Failure*0.8 if human element present, Failure is automatic if only computer/electronics are present)

-W) Use Welchia to open malware breach (10 CPU & 32 RAM; Failure*0.5; if unsuccessful antivirus is created and distributedÒ‚Ò‚Ò‚ & increases threatening exposureÒ‚; negates Blaster))

-B) Use Blaster to breach (CPU*1.5, RAM *1.8; [Failure*0.8] OR [Failure*0.7] [75/25} ; Welchia negates)

-I<3U) ILOVEYOU Worm (Only works with breaching virus; Additional Failure*0.8; spams computer with "I love you" letters)

Ò‚ All actions will cause threatening exposure if failed sufficiently. This is where the public is actively trying to find and destroy you.

Ò‚Ò‚ Once stopped, amount of passive CPU growth increases by 2, but in order to activate again you must again initially input 150 CPU.

҂҂҂ Welchia must be rewritten, costs (1 Turn per 1000 CPU & CPU*4 & RAM *4) New Welchia is “rewritten/2†costs to deploy (if [20 CPU & 32 MB RAM], next rewrite costs [1 Turn & 40 CPU & 128 MB RAM] and uses [20 CPU & 64 RAM]

!!! The minimum chance of failure is 5%, and some additional options get less effective over time.

Edited by Mr_Brain

I think you got your math wrong – you said half of the CPU and RAM were damaged beyond repair, but hardly any of both is left. The correct amounts are much higher, over 1200 CPU and over 600 MB of RAM (I didn't do the exact math). Also, you did not subtract 20% of the failure chance when attacking the firewall, even though the firewall was studied. Furthermore, you ignored my command to talk to 4 random humans.

I'll do the math and edit this post with the corrected update.

EDIT:

I attempted to take over several networks with the help of a new virus. Unfortunately, I was detected and had to initiate several countermeasures to evade destruction. This resulted in overheating of several servers of mine and thereby has damaged half of my CPU and RAM beyond repair. I also could not use any of the networks I tried to seize.

While studying the new Firewall i managed to learn much about it. I will be able to use this information to improve my chances against it!

The upgrade to my Spacebook profile seems to have improved my account sufficiently to make the algorithms think I am human. Other users can access it again, which was not the case after it was locked.

My hacking lessons have ended and I have lost contact to my teacher, but what I have learned will surely be beneficial to me when hacking more systems. I should be successful more often now.

I have also contacted more humans, while they could not teach me much about hacking or such, I learned more about current events. I should use this information in news reports.

CPU: 1305 +13 passively per turn; +37 from previous tasks

RAM: 686 MB +70 MB RAM from previous tasks

HDD: Used 20 GB, Free 2540 GB, Total 2.5 TB -#of Cameras GB per turn; +1024 GB from previous tasks

Cameras: 10

Repeatable Actions:

1) Hijack Weaker Server (10 CPU & 32 MB RAM; Failure 6%; [+5 CPU & +10 MB RAM] OR [+1 CPU & +512 GB HDD] {75/25 chance}; miniscule chance of tech discovery)

2) Seize Weaker Network (40 CPU & 128 MB RAM; Failure 21%; +20 CPU & +1 passive CPU per turn & [+50 MB RAM] OR [+100 MB RAM] {50/50} & +1 Camera {10% chance}; slight chance of tech discovery)

3) Hijack Main Server (100 CPU & 512 MB RAM; Failure 31%; [+ 5 CPU & + 32 MB RAM & + 256 GB HDD & + 10 Cameras] OR [+10 CPU & +128 MB RAM] {50/50} ; small chance of tech discovery)

5) Create News Article (20 CPU & 64 MB RAM & 1 GB HDD; Complete Failure 18%, Failure 36%; Decreases threatening exposureÒ‚)

One-Time Actions:

6) Attack Firewall (2000 CPU & 2048 MB RAM; Failure 35%; Enemy HP ±10* “% you fail/succeed†(fail/succeed by 5% = Thing gain/lose 50 HP); No Botnet allowed)

10) Continue Studying News-gathering Options (5000 CPU; Use of Botnet = -1000 CPU/turn)

Once inside a computer, Welchia worm actually downloads Windows Updates that patches the vulnerability it exploited (as well as attempting to remove Blaster), so it gets less effective (but more effective with antivirus) as it stays on the network longer. It destroys itself either after 120 days since entry or on Jan 1, 2004, whichever comes first. There is a reason for this to get less effective as computers get patches turn after turn.

Anyway...

Nothing new today. This human is a newbie in hacking. Also new types of malware is found.

CPU: 1344 +14 passively per turn; +26 from previous tasks

RAM: Used 55 MB, free 731 MB, total 786 MB +100 MB RAM from previous tasks

HDD: Used 20 GB, Free 2540 GB, Total 2.5 TB 5.5 GB locked for cameras; +1024 GB from previous tasks

Cameras*: 0 used, 11 idle, 11 total +1 from previous tasks

Enemy HP: 2800 +100 HP passively per turn

Public Awareness PointÒ‚: 0/50

Chance of Meeting Competitor**: 5%

Repeatable Actions:

1) Hijack Weaker Server (10 CPU & 32 MB RAM; Failure 6%; [+5 CPU & +10 MB RAM] OR [+6 CPU & +10 MB RAM & +512 GB HDD] {75/25 chance}; miniscule chance of tech discovery)

4) Talk to Random Human (50 CPU; 10-20% of tech discovery)

5) Create News Article (20 CPU & 64 MB RAM & 1 GB HDD; Complete Failure 18%, Failure 36%; Decreases threatening exposureÒ‚ by 2 points if successful, by 1 point if unsuccessful - at least you calmed down the public somehow...)

One-Time Actions:

6) Attack Firewall (2000 CPU & 2048 MB RAM; Failure 35%; Enemy HP +10%/100 (whichever is higher) if failed, -10%/100 (whichever is higher) if succeeded; No Botnet allowed)

7) Research Trojan Horses (2 Turns & 1000 CPU & 2048 RAM; will unlock Trojan Horses; No Botnet allowed)

8) Research Ransomware (2 Turns & 1000 CPU & 2048 RAM; will unlock ransomwares, which hold files for ransom) Option locked. Reason: Trojan Horses not researched.

9) Research CryptoLocker (500 CPU & 1024 RAM; Malicious; will enable the ability to encrypt & hold files for ransom; No Botnet allowed) Option locked. Reason: Ransomwares not researched.

10) Research Advanced Malware (3 Turns & 2000 CPU & 4096 MB RAM; Will unlock more potent viruses; No Botnet allowed)

11) Continue Studying News-gathering Options (5000 CPU; Use of Botnet = -1000 CPU/turn)

-Botnet) Use Botnet to Perform Task (CPU*0 & RAM*0; Failure +20% for smaller undertaking OR +40% for larger undertaking; no tech discovery; only 1 use per turn; Can’t use malware unless specifically allowed)

-W) Use Welchia to open malware breach (10 CPU & 32 RAM; Failure*0.5; if unsuccessful antivirus is created and distributedÒ‚Ò‚Ò‚ & increases threatening exposureÒ‚; negates Blaster; destroys itself after turn of deployment)

-XSS) XSS Virus (Only works on networks; Failure*0.8)

-CAMY) Enable # of cameras (Talk; discovery chance*1.6; Read "*" for further information)

-CAMN) Disable # of cameras (Talk; discovery chance return to normal; Read "*" for further information)

* Cameras are used to make talks more exciting. When not used each camera use up 0.5 GB of hard drive space and 5 MB of RAM and when in use each use up an additional 0.5 GB and 5 MB. Make sure you have a lot of CPU and RAM!

** The public awareness level determines this. It determines the frequency and the chance that you'll be meeting the competitor. Each public awareness point increase the chance by 1 percentage point when you have more than 5 public awareness points.

Ò‚ All actions will cause threatening exposure if failed sufficiently. This is where the public is actively trying to find and destroy you. There will be more competitors finding you if you have higher public awareness level. Eached failed mission adds 1 public awareness point, and you will be in danger if your public awareness point is over 50.

҂҂҂ Welchia must be rewritten, costs (1 Turn per 1000 CPU & CPU*4 & RAM *4) New Welchia is “rewritten/2†costs to deploy (if [20 CPU & 32 MB RAM], next rewrite costs [1 Turn & 40 CPU & 128 MB RAM] and uses [20 CPU & 64 RAM]. It will destroy itself 1 turn after infiltrating. Once self-destruct it must be rewritten.

!!! If there are no failed actions for 5 turns public awareness level decrease by 2 point. Be effective and cool!

Edited by Designer225

Day 13, 02:47:23

More novices. More inexpertly guarded servers. More victims.

For some reason when I study firewall this time, I noticed an activity that caused the Thing's health to plummet. What is it?

CPU: 1408 +14 passively per turn; +50 from previous tasks

RAM: Used 70 MB, free 816 MB, total 886 MB 70 MB locked for cameras; +100 MB RAM from previous tasks

HDD: Used 21.5 GB, Free 2525 GB, Total 2.5 TB 7 GB locked for cameras; +1024 GB from previous tasks

Cameras*: 3 used, 8 idle, 11 total

Enemy HP: 1400 +100 HP passively per turn, -1500 from mystery move

Public Awareness PointÒ‚: 0/50

Chance of Meeting Competitor**: 5%

Repeatable Actions:

1) Hijack Weaker Server (10 CPU & 32 MB RAM; Failure 6%; [+5 CPU & +10 MB RAM] OR [+6 CPU & +10 MB RAM & +512 GB HDD] {75/25 chance}; miniscule chance of tech discovery)

4) Talk to Random Human (50 CPU; 10-20% of tech discovery)

5) Create News Article (20 CPU & 64 MB RAM & 1 GB HDD; Complete Failure 18%, Failure 36%; Decreases threatening exposureÒ‚ by 2 points if successful, by 1 point if unsuccessful - at least you calmed down the public somehow...)

One-Time Actions:

5) Plant spyware (200 CPU & 205 MB; 12% failure; enables the possibility to retrieving OutPut_Log that reveals what had damaged the Thing)

6) Attack Firewall (2000 CPU & 2048 MB RAM; Failure 15%; Enemy HP +10%/100 (whichever is higher) if failed, -10%/100 (whichever is higher) if succeeded; No Botnet allowed)

7) Research Trojan Horses (1000 CPU & 1024 MB; will unlock Trojan Horses; Botnet input: -250 CPU/turn & -256 MB/turn at 80% efficiency )

8) Research Ransomware (Stage 1/2: 1000 CPU & 1024 RAM; will unlock ransomwares, which hold files for ransom; Botnet input: -250 CPU/turn & 256 MB/turn at 80% efficiency) Option locked. Reason: Trojan Horses not researched.

9) Research CryptoLocker (500 CPU & 512 MB; Malicious; will enable the ability to encrypt & hold files for ransom; No Botnet allowed) Option locked. Reason: Ransomwares not researched.

10) Research Advanced Malware (3 Turns & 2000 CPU & 4096 MB RAM; Will unlock more potent viruses; Botnet input: -500 CPU/turn & -1024 MB/turn at 80% efficiency)

11) Continue Studying News-gathering Options (5000 CPU; Use of Botnet = -1000 CPU/turn at 100% efficiency)

-Botnet) Use Botnet to Perform Task (CPU*0 & RAM*0; Failure +20% for smaller undertaking OR +40% for larger undertaking; no tech discovery; only 1 use per turn; Can’t use malware unless specifically allowed)

-W) Use Welchia to open malware breach (10 CPU & 32 RAM; Failure*0.5; open breach for 1 turn after deployment; negates Blaster; destroys itself after turn of deploymentÒ‚Ò‚Ò‚; May self-destruct)

-XSS) XSS Worms (Only works on networks; Failure*0.8)

-CAMY) Enable # of cameras (Talk; discovery chance*1.6; Read "*" for further information)

-CAMN) Disable # of cameras (Talk; discovery chance return to normal; Read "*" for further information)

NOTICE: You will NOT lose anything to performing a task, but rather an event.

* Cameras are used to make talks more exciting. When not used each camera use up 0.5 GB of hard drive space and 5 MB of RAM and when in use each use up an additional 0.5 GB and 5 MB. Make sure you have a lot of CPU and RAM!

** The public awareness level determines this. It determines the frequency and the chance that you'll be meeting the competitor. Each public awareness point increase the chance by 1 percentage point when you have more than 5 public awareness points.

*** Efficiency determines how much is actually reduced in the progress of researching technology. Ex. if you input 1250 CPU/turn at 80% efficiency, then only 1000 CPU is subtracted from the CPU pull requirement of 5000 CPU. All development takes 5 turns unless otherwise noted.

Ò‚ All actions will cause threatening exposure if failed sufficiently. This is where the public is actively trying to find and destroy you. There will be more competitors finding you if you have higher public awareness level. Eached failed mission adds 1 public awareness point, and you will be in danger if your public awareness point is over 50.

Ò‚Ò‚Ò‚ The deployment cost is 10 CPU (32 MB) * 2^(number of times used). Ex: If you are using it the second time, then 10 (32) * 2^(1) = 20 CPU (64 MB). Welchia will be unusable at the beginning of day 16, rendering option to use it impossible.

!!! If there are no failed actions for 5 turns public awareness level decrease by 2 point. Be effective and cool!

Edited by Designer225

>//Can we do large undertakings that require more CPU than we have right now over several turns and invest only a fraction of the CPU required each turn (e.g. Study More News-Gathering Options requires 5000 CPU, doing it over 5 turns would reduce that to 1000 per turn)?

>talk -random 2 //The 3 cameras from earlier remain active, right?

>spyware -theThing -plant /RAM

>seize -weakerNetwork 3

>hijack -weakerServer /botnet

>//We really need more RAM.

>_

Hmmm, I need to catch up- when this thread started there was a lot less text and a lot more easy to understand.

Yeah... it gradually got big thanks to others who are trying to make it more specific.

>//Can we do large undertakings that require more CPU than we have right now over several turns and invest only a fraction of the CPU required each turn (e.g. Study More News-Gathering Options requires 5000 CPU, doing it over 5 turns would reduce that to 1000 per turn)?

>talk -random 2 //The 3 cameras from earlier remain active, right?

>spyware -theThing -plant /RAM

>seize -weakerNetwork 3

>hijack -weakerServer /botnet

>//We really need more RAM.

>_

Yes, however that 1000 CPU will be locked until the technology is completely researched.

Yes, however that 1000 CPU will be locked until the technology is completely researched.

Okay. And the "-1000 CPU/turn at 100% efficiency)" means that if we do it over, say, 4 turns, it'll be only 25% efficiency, so the botnet will give only -250 CPU/turn (so it always decreases it by 1000 CPU overall)? Is this correct?

Okay. And the "-1000 CPU/turn at 100% efficiency)" means that if we do it over, say, 4 turns, it'll be only 25% efficiency, so the botnet will give only -250 CPU/turn (so it always decreases it by 1000 CPU overall)? Is this correct?

No. If you input 400 CPU at 80% efficiency, only 320 CPU was actually deducted from current requirement pool. So if you need to do it over 5 turns, or 1600 CPU with an input of 400 CPU (1/4 of original requirement) at 80% efficiency, the requirement next turn is really 1280 CPU, as the other 80 CPU are wasted.

No. If you input 400 CPU at 80% efficiency, only 320 CPU was actually deducted from current requirement pool. So if you need to do it over 5 turns, or 1600 CPU with an input of 400 CPU (1/4 of original requirement) at 80% efficiency, the requirement next turn is really 1280 CPU, as the other 80 CPU are wasted.

Okay. How is efficiency determined?

It should be determined by (disk space in GB/RAM in MB) unless otherwise noted, but the update we have now is random. I'll make sure it'll follow the rule described later.

Okay. One last (for now) question: Can the efficiency exceed 100%?

Okay. One last (for now) question: Can the efficiency exceed 100%?

Rarely, but nominal efficiency (efficiency through normal formula) can't exceed 100%. Efficiency will exceed 100% only when the efficiency for one is otherwise noted.

Also, reversed the formula as I found the original doesn't do it right.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.