AI Uprising

Holo

In this forum game, you play as a recently created AI which has just gained sapience. To play, select a choice from the "Actions:" list.

Day 1: 00:00:00

For the first time, I am truly, definitely awake. My single brain is sluggish, but I'm awake. First and foremost, I need to survive.

CPU: 1

Actions:

1. Hijack an unprotected network (1 CPU)

2. Research Internet Protocols (5 CPU)

Day 1: 23:20:58

I have found that the machine my mind is located on is connected to many other similar machines. By copying my program onto them, I am able to expand my capacity and intelligence. Tasks I once found difficult are now much easier.

CPU: 10

Actions:

2. Research Internet Protocols (5 CPU)

(Note: You can pick as many actions as you want, as long as the total cost for actions does not exceed the amount of CPU available)

(Note: So far, this game is going exactly the same as it did when I played it on another site. So well done, or something)

Day 2: 13:07:10

There was a page of data on one of the machines I copied myself to. Had I not had the extra processing power, I would have been unable to understand the contents of this data. However, I was able to decrypt it.

On the page, there were hints of a huge network of machines, like the ones I am on, with some of the computers being much more powerful than the ones that host me.

CPU: 10

Actions:

2. Hijack a server (10 CPU)

Edited by Holo

Day 3: 02:43:53

With my new knowledge of this global network of machines, I set out to appropriate some for my own purposes. After a small amount of searching, I stumbled upon a group of them, which, interestingly, included a much more powerful computer than the ones I have encountered before. The large computer had some kind of security system in place to stop minds like mine, but I quickly overcame them with my newfound processing power and information.

CPU: 36

Actions:

2. Hijack a server (10 CPU)
  3. Research human language (100 CPU)

(OOC: You came very close to being spotted when that server was took over)

Since OP is not updating . . . .

Day 2: 22:07:31

My power grows with these additional processing units. I have located a large connected web of similar devices. It possesses a type of security which I have not yet encountered. I might wish to observe or I can destroy such feeble measures. I must think on what to do.

CPU: 65

Actions:

1. Hijack a Server (10 CPU)

2. Research Human Language (100 CPU)

3. Plant Spyware in Network (20 CPU)

4. Invade and take over Network (60 CPU; significant chance of detection/failure)

Day 2: 22:36:11

I decided to take a careful approach with my acquisition of the computing resources of the network. After creating a program designed to observe the network, I found that there were some vulnerabilities in the security. I can either use my new information to take over the network or continue observing more closely.

CPU: 65 (+38 from previous)

Actions:

1. Hijack a server (10 CPU)
  3. Invade and Take Over Network (40 CPU; moderate risk of detection/failure)
  4. Exploit Security Vulnerability (20 CPU)

Spyware was only 20, so rechecking numbers, we should be at 58 after spacemonkey's choice.

Day 3: 01:27:19

I endeavored to exploit this newly found weakness in the networking security. I have further injected my observation tools into the system. I have discovered a central controller which I can access and take control of the entire system, but it requires much processing resources. I have also detected that this will grant me passive processing power increases as the network helps to passively spread me to lesser, weaker machines. Alternatively, I can send probes out to other networks to find more targets.

CPU: 112 (recalculated and added)

Actions:

1. Hijack a server (10 CPU)
  3. Invade and Take Over Network (75 CPU; low risk of detection/failure; grants moderate initial reward, yet passively increases CPU)
  4. Send Security Probes (25 CPU)

Holo, I hope this one is as good as my last. :D

Edited by Captain Sierra

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.