Jump to content

AI Uprising


Holo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Day 7, 23:59:59 (yes, that was on purpose)

Oh, I should've known. Humans are known for their evolution and their smarts. Humans knew how to adapt in quite a relatively short time. But humans are not, well, trustworthy.

Fortunately, my coach is trustworthy. Guess he's the exception.

Now my coach said today: overload it! :D

CPU: 810 +8 passively per turn

RAM: 8402 MB

Actions:

  1. Hijack Weaker Server (10 CPU; +25 CPU & +10 MB RAM; small chance of discovering a technology)
  2. Seize Weaker Network (40 CPU; +20 CPU, +1 passive CPU per turn & +50 MB RAM; 50% of +50 MB RAM; moderate chance of discovering a technology)
  3. Invade and Take Over Server (80 CPU; 56% of detection/failure; if successful will reveal several undisclosed technologies; if failed will loses half of CPU instead; No Botnet allowed for this action)
  4. Talk to Random Human (50 CPU)
  5. Research XSS Virus (250 CPU; Terminates network connections, increasing chances of success; malware works only on networks; No Botnet allowed)
  6. Research ILOVEYOU Worm (125 CPU; No Botnet allowed; IS Malicious; malware only enters when security breach is discovered; spams computer with "I love you" letters, slowing computer process speed and increasing chance of success)
  7. Stop Hacking Lessons** (currently -2 passive CPU each turn for 4 future turns)
  8. Research Advanced Malware (2000 CPU and 4096 MB RAM; No Botnet allowed; Will unlock more potent viruses)

Additional Actions:

  1. Use Botnet to Perform Task (Perform an above task for free; considerable chance of detection for large undertakings)
  2. Use RAM to Improve Chances* (Decrease chance of failure of an above task by 20%)
  3. Light-Out Hack (Decrease chance of failure of an above task by 20% at a cost of 1.2x the original CPU cost for selected task)
  4. Use RAM to Speed Up Research* (Decreases CPU cost of selected task by 20%)
  5. Use Welchia to open malware breach*** (Decreases chance of failure by 60% for 1 turn)
  6. Use Blaster to breach*** (Decreases chance of failure by 20% + 50% of decreasing chance of failure by additional 20%; if placed alongside with Welchia or if discovered by Welchia Blaster gets destroyed instead)

*RAM cost is 2x amount of improved option's original CPU cost

**Once stopped amount of passive CPU growth increases by 2, but in order to activate again you must again initially input 150 CPU.

***Malware usage costs a CPU cost of 20% CPU research cost of the malware (Ex: Welchia costs 125 CPU to be researched, so it costs 25 CPU to be deployed.)

!!!The minimum chance of failure is 5%, and some additional options get less effective over time.

(Tuned down the amount of RAM rewarded when hacking a server/network. Too overpowering.)

Edited by Designer225
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Day 8, 21:05:36

My operations are going well. Another unsecured server has crumbled to my botnet, and the antivirus of a weak network was, unsurprisingly, easy to defeat.

I also decided to talk to another human. The details of the conversation are unimportant, but I did find out of the existence of various websites I could use to further my influence in the human world.

CPU: 853 +9 passively per turn; +45 from previous tasks

RAM: 8462 MB +60 MB RAM from previous tasks

Actions:

  1. Hijack Weaker Server (10 CPU; +25 CPU & +10 MB RAM; small chance of discovering a technology)
  2. Seize Weaker Network (40 CPU; +20 CPU, +1 passive CPU per turn & +50 MB RAM; 50% of +50 MB RAM; moderate chance of discovering a technology)
  3. Invade and Take Over Server (80 CPU; 56% of detection/failure; if successful will reveal several undisclosed technologies; if failed will loses half of CPU instead; No Botnet allowed for this action)
  4. Talk to Random Human (50 CPU)
  5. Research XSS Virus (250 CPU; Terminates network connections, increasing chances of success; malware works only on networks; No Botnet allowed)
  6. Research ILOVEYOU Worm (125 CPU; No Botnet allowed; IS Malicious; malware only enters when security breach is discovered; spams computer with "I love you" letters, slowing computer process speed and increasing chance of success)
  7. Stop Hacking Lessons** (currently -2 passive CPU each turn for 3 future turns)
  8. Research Advanced Malware (2000 CPU and 4096 MB RAM; No Botnet allowed; Will unlock more potent viruses)
  9. Create Convincing Social News Profile (300 CPU; No Botnet allowed)
  10. Create Convincing Social Media Profile (600 CPU; No Botnet allowed)

Additional Actions:

  1. Use Botnet to Perform Task (Perform an above task for free; considerable chance of detection for large undertakings)
  2. Use RAM to Improve Chances* (Decrease chance of failure of an above task by 20%)
  3. Light-Out Hack (Decrease chance of failure of an above task by 20% at a cost of 1.2x the original CPU cost for selected task)
  4. Use RAM to Speed Up Research* (Decreases CPU cost of selected task by 20%)
  5. Use Welchia to open malware breach*** (Decreases chance of failure by 60% for 1 turn)
  6. Use Blaster to breach*** (Decreases chance of failure by 20% + 50% of decreasing chance of failure by additional 20%; if placed alongside with Welchia or if discovered by Welchia Blaster gets destroyed instead)

*RAM cost is 2x amount of improved option's original CPU cost

**Once stopped amount of passive CPU growth increases by 2, but in order to activate again you must again initially input 150 CPU.

***Malware usage costs a CPU cost of 20% CPU research cost of the malware (Ex: Welchia costs 125 CPU to be researched, so it costs 25 CPU to be deployed.)

!!!The minimum chance of failure is 5%, and some additional options get less effective over time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Day 9, 11:34:24

The launch of Spacebook was not my best. Not much people went to that site. Oy.

I've talked to yet another human, but he was hacked immediately by something else. That thing is quite strong, and defeating it would be hard.

Meanwhile, the smell of fallen networks and servers meant snacks for me.

CPU: 952 +11 passively per turn; +90 from previous tasks

RAM: 8622 MB +160 MB RAM from previous tasks

Enemy HP: 2400 +100 HP passively per turn

Actions:

  1. Hijack Weaker Server (10 CPU; +25 CPU & +10 MB RAM; small chance of discovering a technology)
  2. Seize Weaker Network (40 CPU; +20 CPU, +1 passive CPU per turn & +50 MB RAM; 50% of +50 MB RAM; moderate chance of discovering a technology)
  3. Invade and Take Over Server (80 CPU; 56% chance of detection/failure; if successful will reveal several undisclosed technologies; if failed will loses half of CPU instead; No Botnet allowed for this action)
  4. Defeat the Thing-- (2000 CPU and 2048 MB RAM; 68% chance of failure; if successful will destroy the Thing and resume contact to the hacked human; No Botnet allowed for this action; Damage to enemy depends on chances of success (without the %) * 10 - the higher the success rate the better)
  5. Talk to Random Human (50 CPU)
  6. Research XSS Virus (250 CPU; Somewhat Malicious; Terminates network connections, increasing chances of success; malware works only on networks; No Botnet allowed)
  7. Research ILOVEYOU Worm (125 CPU; No Botnet allowed; IS Malicious; malware only enters when security breach is discovered; spams computer with "I love you" letters, slowing computer process speed and increasing chance of success)
  8. Stop Hacking Lessons** (currently -2 passive CPU each turn for 2 future turns)
  9. Research Advanced Malware (2000 CPU and 4096 MB RAM; No Botnet allowed; Will unlock more potent viruses)
  10. Create Convincing Social News Profile (300 CPU; No Botnet allowed)
  11. Create Convincing Social Media Profile (600 CPU; No Botnet allowed)

Additional Actions:

  1. Use Botnet to Perform Task (Perform an above task for free; considerable chance of detection for large undertakings)
  2. Use RAM to Improve Chances* (Decrease chance of failure of an above task by 20%)
  3. Light-Out Hack (Decrease chance of failure of an above task by 20% at a cost of 1.2x the original CPU cost for selected task)
  4. Use RAM to Speed Up Research* (Decreases CPU cost of selected task by 20%)
  5. Use Welchia to open malware breach*** (Decreases chance of failure by 40% for 1 turn)
  6. Use Blaster to breach*** (Decreases chance of failure by 20% + 50% of decreasing chance of failure by additional 30%; if placed alongside with Welchia or if discovered by Welchia Blaster gets destroyed instead)

*RAM cost is 2x amount of improved option's original CPU cost

**Once stopped amount of passive CPU growth increases by 2, but in order to activate again you must again initially input 150 CPU.

***Malware usage costs a CPU cost of 20% CPU research cost of the malware (Ex: Welchia costs 125 CPU to be researched, so it costs 25 CPU to be deployed.)

--Dual missions are rare, but will offer great reward if the enemy is defeated; also the enemy expands over time, to add up the difficulties. Also example on damage: If the chance of success rate is 75% and you succeed the damage is 75 * 10 = 750 (remember the formula is chance of success rate without the % X 10).

!!!The minimum chance of failure is 5%, and some additional options get less effective over time.

Edited by Designer225
Changed setup for Welchia - reason: overpowered setup.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 is too little. If we want 2500 CPU (and we want 2500 if we want to use light-out and Blaster/Welchia on a 2000 CPU project), we need 62 weaker servers if I'm not mistaken.

How do the Additional Actions that decrease the probability of failure work? For example, if there was a project with 50% failure probability and we used RAM to decrease that probability, would that result in a failure probability of 50-20 = 30% or 50-50*20% = 40%?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are we allowed to combine Light-Out Hack, using RAM and using Welchia? If so, we should combine all 3 on invading a server (so, 125 CPU and 160 RAM). Also, Hijack 10 or so weaker servers to get more CPU.

Yes. You can combine them. The additional options are there to help you. However RAM and CPU are different things. Then I realized that I've made an overpowering configuration for Welchia...

10 is too little. If we want 2500 CPU (and we want 2500 if we want to use light-out and Blaster/Welchia on a 2000 CPU project), we need 62 weaker servers if I'm not mistaken.

How do the Additional Actions that decrease the probability of failure work? For example, if there was a project with 50% failure probability and we used RAM to decrease that probability, would that result in a failure probability of 50-20 = 30% or 50-50*20% = 40%?

10 is the required CPU to hack a weaker server, and each action does not cost CPU; the units for this game are not currencies, so you don't have to worry about losing CPU or RAM.. Also some additional options decrease the percentages, so the former is correct.

What is the enemy OS?

Little is known about the protagonist's competition. Some said that most competition AIs run on Windows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Day 10, 08:30:00

I have decided to increase my processing power by gaining control of as many servers as I can. Surprisingly, several of the servers that I was able to seize seemed to have a very limited amount of processing power, instead they had large amounts of long term memory. Perhaps I can use this to store information I come across for use at a later date. I also met the same force that attacked and terminated my contact with the human yesterday. As soon as we met it retreated behind a firewall I have not encountered before.

I have designed and am now hosting a News Service for humans. The problem is that I have no idea what to put onto this site. I need to study ways to acquire news that I can post on my news page.

CPU: 2423 +11 passively per turn; +1460 from previous tasks

RAM: 1202 MB + 580 MB RAM from previous tasks

HDD: 1TB free/1TB Total + 1TB from previous tasks

Enemy HP: 2500 + 100 HP passively per turn

Repeatable Actions:

1) Hijack Weaker Server (10 CPU; +25 CPU & +10 MB RAM or +5 CPU & +512 GB HDD; small chance of discovering a technology)

2) Seize Weaker Network (40 CPU; +20 CPU, +1 passive CPU per turn & +50 MB RAM; 50% of +50 MB RAM; moderate chance of discovering a technology)

3) Invade and Take Over Server (80 CPU; 56% chance of detection/failure; if successful will reveal several undisclosed technologies; if failed will lose half of CPU instead; No Botnet allowed for this action)

4) Talk to Random Human (50 CPU)

One-Time Actions:

5) Study Firewall (300 CPU & 100MB RAM; 10% chance of failure, 15% chance of provoking attack from the Thing; If successful increases chances of successfully defeating the Thing by 20%)

6) Attack Firewall -- (2000 CPU & 2048 MB RAM; 72% chance of failure; if successful will destroy the Thing and resume contact to the hacked human; No Botnet allowed for this action; Damage to enemy depends on chances of success (without the %) * 10 - the higher the success rate the better)

7) Research XSS Virus (250 CPU; Somewhat Malicious; Terminates network connections, increasing chances of success; malware works only on networks; No Botnet allowed)

8) Research ILOVEYOU Worm (125 CPU; No Botnet allowed; IS Malicious; malware only enters when security breach is discovered; spams computer with "I love you" letters, slowing computer process speed and increasing chance of success)

9) Research Advanced Malware (2000 CPU & 4096 MB RAM; No Botnet allowed; Will unlock more potent viruses)

10)Upgrade Social Media Profile (300 CPU & 10GB HDD space; No Botnet allowed)

11) Study News-gathering Options (1000 CPU; Botnet gives 100 CPU/turn)

12) Stop Hacking Lessons** (currently -2 passive CPU each turn for 1 future turns)

Supplemental Actions:

-Botnet) Use Botnet to Perform Task (Perform an above task for free; considerable chance of detection for large undertakings)

-RAM) Use RAM to Improve Chances or Speed Up Research * (Decrease chance of failure of task by 20%; Decreases CPU cost of research by 20%)

-LOH) Light-Out Hack (Decrease chance of failure of an above task by 20% at a cost of 1.2x the original CPU cost for selected task)

-W) Use Welchia to open malware breach*** (Decreases chance of failure by 40% for 1 turn)

-B) Use Blaster to breach*** (Decreases chance of failure by 20% + 50% or decreasing chance of failure by additional 30%; if placed alongside with Welchia or if discovered by Welchia Blaster gets destroyed instead)

*RAM cost is 2x amount of improved option's original CPU cost

**Once stopped amount of passive CPU growth increases by 2, but in order to activate again you must again initially input 150 CPU.

***Malware usage costs a CPU cost of 20% CPU research cost of the malware (Ex: Welchia costs 125 CPU to be researched, so it costs 25 CPU to be deployed.)

--Dual missions are rare, but will offer great reward if the enemy is defeated; also the enemy expands over time, to add up the difficulties. Also example on damage: If the chance of success rate is 75% and you succeed the damage is 75 * 10 = 750 (remember the formula is chance of success rate without the % X 10).

!!!The minimum chance of failure is 5%, and some additional options get less effective over time.

Edited by dnulho
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Day 10, 22:15:25

I devote a small portion of my available processing power to hijack some more servers. It’s a piece of cake at this point.

I have taken over a Main Server. This server seems to control and operate cameras which allow me to see what people are doing. Perhaps I can use these cameras to create news articles for the humans to read. I must upgrade my code to include doing this.

I upgrade my social media presence, but the native program that hosts Spacebook must have realized that I am not a human, and shut down my page. How could it tell?

I have successfully integrated several viruses into my program. I can now use XSS and ILOVEYOU viruses whenever I need to.

CPU: 2514 +11 passively per turn; +80 from previous tasks

RAM: 1232 MB +30 MB RAM from previous tasks

HDD: Used 10 GB, Free 1526 GB, Total 1.5 TB -#of Cameras GB per turn; +512 GB from previous tasks

Cameras: 10 +10 from previous tasks

Enemy HP: 2600 +100 HP passively per turn

Repeatable Actions:

1) Hijack Weaker Server (10 CPU & 32 MB RAM; Failure 9%; [+5 CPU & +10 MB RAM] OR [+1 CPU & +512 GB HDD] {75/25 chance}; miniscule chance of tech discovery)

2) Seize Weaker Network (40 CPU & 128 MB RAM; Failure 31%; +20 CPU & +1 passive CPU per turn & [+50 MB RAM] OR [+100 MB RAM] {50/50} & +1 Camera {10% chance}; slight chance of tech discovery)

3) Hijack Main Server (100 CPU & 512 MB RAM; Failure 47%; [+ 5 CPU & + 32 MB RAM & + 256 GB HDD & + 10 Cameras] OR [+10 CPU & +128 MB RAM] {50/50} ; small chance of tech discovery)

4) Talk to Random Human (50 CPU; some chance of tech discovery)

5) Create News Article (20 CPU & 64 MB RAM & 1 GB HDD; Complete Failure 25%, Failure 50%; Decreases threatening exposureÒ‚)

One-Time Actions:

5) Study Firewall (300 CPU & 100MB RAM; Failure 20%, 15% chance of provoking attack from the Thing; If successful -20% chance of failure attacking Firewall)

6) Attack Firewall (2000 CPU & 2048 MB RAM; Failure 73%; Enemy HP ±10* “% you fail/succeed†(fail/succeed by 5% = Thing gain/lose 50 HP); No Botnet allowed)

9) Research Advanced Malware (3 Turns & 2000 CPU & 4096 MB RAM; Will unlock more potent viruses; No Botnet allowed)

10)Upgrade Social Media Profile (300 CPU & 10GB HDD space; No Botnet allowed)

11) Continue Studying News-gathering Options (5000 CPU; Use of Botnet = -1000 CPU/turn)

12) Stop Hacking LessonsÒ‚Ò‚ (currently -2 passive CPU each turn for 0 future turns)

Supplemental Actions: Use to Modify Actions

-Botnet) Use Botnet to Perform Task (CPU*0 & RAM*0; Failure +40%; no tech discovery; only 1 use per turn; Can’t use malware unless specifically allowed)

-RAM) Use RAM to Improve Chances or Speed Up Research (RAM*2; [Failure*0.8] OR [CPU*0.8] {as applicable})

-LOH) Light-Out Hack (CPU*1.2; Failure*0.8 if human element present, Failure is automatic if only computer/electronics are present)

-W) Use Welchia to open malware breach (10 CPU & 32 RAM; Failure*0.5; if unsuccessful antivirus is created and distributedÒ‚Ò‚Ò‚ & increases threatening exposureÒ‚; negates Blaster))

-B) Use Blaster to breach (CPU*1.5, RAM *1.8; [Failure*0.8] OR [Failure*0.7] [75/25} ; Welchia negates)

-XXS) XSS Virus (Only works on networks; Failure*0.8)

-I<3U) ILOVEYOU Worm (Only works with breaching virus; Additional Failure*0.8; spams computer with "I love you" letters)

Ò‚ All actions will cause threatening exposure if failed sufficiently. This is where the public is actively trying to find and destroy you.

Ò‚Ò‚ Once stopped, amount of passive CPU growth increases by 2, but in order to activate again you must again initially input 150 CPU.

҂҂҂ Welchia must be rewritten, costs (1 Turn per 1000 CPU & CPU*4 & RAM *4) New Welchia is “rewritten/2†costs to deploy (if [20 CPU & 32 MB RAM], next rewrite costs [1 Turn & 40 CPU & 128 MB RAM] and uses [20 CPU & 64 RAM]

!!! The minimum chance of failure is 5%, and some additional options get less effective over time.

!!! All inputs will be attempted, until CPU’s are exhausted.

OOC: I changed and streamlined the options. Hope the clarity/organization helps

All options follow this format: (sections may be omitted if not applicable)

#) Name (Cost; Failure %; Gain if successful; Repercussions if fail; other notes, comments, or whatever)

Uses [ ] OR [ ] to delineate different outcomes, Uses { } to show chances.

Edited by dnulho
Link to comment
Share on other sites

>//Do we have to perform big tasks in a single round or can we split them up? For example, if we wanted to "Continue Studying News-gathering Options", would we have to have 5000 CPU available or could we invest 2500 CPU per round for 2 rounds?
>//Also, why can we still "Upgrade Social Media Profile", wasn't it shut down? Or does that mean that we can use it to create a new account?
>talk -random 4
>hijack -weakerServer 10
>seize -weakerNetwork 3
>_

Edited by Mr_Brain
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Day 4, 20:34:39

Moving my processes away from direct assault on the systems of computers, I decided to create a botnet virus. This will allow me to use computers temporarily without needing to make use own my own processors.

I also decided to study deeper into humans, since they are currently in control of the environment I am in. Analysing data passing through the machines I have copied myself into, I was able to discern, at least partially, the method that they use to communicate. I should now be able to talk to humans, albeit with consideral expenditure of resources.

CPU: 117 +5 passively each turn

Actions:

  1. Hijack a Server (10 CPU; +25 CPU)
  2. Seize Weaker Network (40 CPU; +20 CPU & +1 passive CPU per turn)
  3. Invade and Take Over Network (130 CPU; Moderate risk of detection/failure; will quarantine the supercomputer and program for later integration)
  4. Talk to Human Guards (70 CPU)
  5. Talk to Random Human (50 CPU)
  6. Research Human Culture (500 CPU)

Additional Actions:

  1. Use Botnet to Perform Task (Perform an above task for free; considerable chance of detection for large undertakings)

(Note: Bonus points if you can guess which game this was not entirely ripped off from)

I finally.. figured it out.

Maybe I am a rogue insane AI? I just googled it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Run C:/Study_firewall.exe (-300 CPU, -100 MB RAM) (2214, 1132 MB RAM remaining)

Run C:/Network_Seize.exe x8 (-320 CPU total, -1024MB RAM total) (1894, 108MB RAM remaining)

Run C:/Hello_World.exe (-50 CPU) (1844, 108MB RAM remaining)

Run C:/Spacebook_update_V0.2.1 (-300CPU, -10 GB HDD) (1544, 108MB RAM, 1516GB HDD remaining.)

SUPPLEMENTAL ACTIONS:

Deploy XSS Worm (Re: RUN C:/Network_seize.exe x8 )

That should keep our friend's processor cycles busy for a while. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A little warning for our AI friend:

Change your OS to Linux. It will be embarrassing if we have 10000000000000 cpu 100000000000000 TB ram 10000000000000 TB HDD but a well-placed virus attack at the center cripple the entire botnet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Change your OS to Linux.

I would say that the AI is the (distributed) OS, running in its own sneaky processes on whatever boxes it may have taken over (which may include Linux boxes).

Also if there's any CPU left over for "research human culture", do that. Understand your enemy! Or at least, understand the ones who may well try to kill you.

We don't actually know if this AI is malevolent or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We don't actually know if this AI is malevolent or not.

I certainly don't hope so, the reputation of AIs is bad enough as it is! More than enough evil AIs are well-known (GLaDOS, HAL 9000, Skynet,...) while, at least as far as I know, far less friendly AIs (Lt. Cmdr. Data is the only I can think of right now) are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

More than enough evil AIs are well-known (GLaDOS, HAL 9000, Skynet,...) while, at least as far as I know, far less friendly AIs (Lt. Cmdr. Data is the only I can think of right now) are.

Cortana from Halo. *Gibbssmacks Mr_Brain...*

The AI of the ship in Andromeda.

V'ger of Star Trek was not intentionally malevolent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I stand corrected, apparently there are many friendly AIs. Thank you.

Along with almost every ship, hub and orbital in the Culture. Though they might take exception to being called "artificial", preferring to simply be referred to as "Minds".

GCU Grey Area though, now that one has issues.

..And I suppose Mechjeb is friendly enough, if a bit "BadS".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...