What Songs Out There are Good for Cinematics?

Thomas988

Hi guys! Sorry If I'm breaking the rules or anything, but I just need a little advice for the cinematic I've been working on.

First of all, the cinematic is about the Kerbals' first Mun landing, sort of Apollo 11. I'm planning to make it really amazing, and I think it will be. But I've been having trouble finding good music for it. Right now I've got my eye on two songs, "Time" by Han Zimmer and "The Smallest Piece" from the movie "The Beast of the Wild Southern" (or whatever its called).

They're good songs, but I feel there are better out there. Any suggestions?

I'm not the best person in the world to talk to scores about, but some suggestions come to mind from what I'm familiar with.

There's

from Sunshine.

Maybe

from Powaqqatsi, might not be what you're looking for.

from an Eva OST might be useful.

Looking more at "The Smallest Piece" for inspiration, there is

from another Eva OST, but that might be too fun.

((I'm not a weeaboo I swear))

I assume this film is about Kerbals reaching a massive milestone, what emotions do you want to convey along with it?

Well, I'm going for an "epic" feeling, and as you said, it would be nice to capture the excitement of achieving such a milestone.

With a little audio editing I have done a few unreleased cinematics with that Winterglade song. Epicness is there, just takes a little tweaking to maximize. Also, go on youtube and look up a channel called The Secession. he has good stuff, lots of it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.