problem with moduleJettison

simonArtisan

i want made a mod has two fairing like the stock nuclearEngine with two fairing jettison to opposite direction.

but the things i didn't understand is how "jettison direction" in the modulejettison is working.

in my case,the axis xyz of "jettison direction" seems rotated compare with the nuclearEngine

h8L9Zi1.jpg

and when i put multiple part to the vessel their jettison direction will behavior as global axis,it's also different with the nuclearEngine.

CM1kgZT.jpg

so,i think there must be something i missed when i create this mod.

can anyone familiar with modulejettison could help me?

Can you explain what the fairing is supposed to do? There's a few problems as you have it right now, if you check the nuclear engine config, you'll see there are two entries with ModuleJettison, one for each part of the fairing that gets jettisoned. If you have a single object, it won't look right and while I'm not sure, I think the jettisoned parts need colliders.

It looks like that some transform (either that jettisonName or that bottomNodeName) that the ModuleJettison needs cannot be found.

and perhaps with the transform == null, the force is automatically applied by unity engine in world coordinate system. Just my guess.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.