The Spike 1 Rover!

MrPopcup

Kerbal Engineers yesterday, sat down and said: " Jeb needs a new car! in fact, he wants it to be a race car! "

And then they started designing, this is what they came up with, a rover that looks like a 'race car' so jeb won't go to space on minmus, not today!

This rover is capable of doing everything! it's look is decent, has all the equipment you need, and most important, can carry 6 kerbals with full protection!

If you flipped by mistake ( by mistake xD ) it will automatically flip again to be level on the ground ( that's why it's curved! ), without anyone killed/something destroyed.

It has 2 mystery goo containers, 6 or 4 Xenon tanks, 6 seats with a perfectly middle seat so you can control it, docking port underneath, all temp/grav/acc/barometer science stuff, an antenna, kerbal engineer, two lights at front, two at the rear, 2 solar panels that fold! and finally 2 ION engines ( it's there for style, but you will be surprised what it does in low gravity! ), so without further a due, let's see the ' Spike 1 ' .

ION engines can actually 'push' it a little, it increases the speed by 0.6 m/s! helpful up hills!

-Get a basic look at it, some of it's equipment here and at kerbin!

ilDHYd6.png

-You can see here the stuff inside the rover.

yrzNRkL.png

-A shot from the back, with ION engines on.

mI2vxZy.png

-Finally all the stuff it has/weight are showed at the right.

MqXEC3r.png

*P.S: Action group are -

1. toggles steering, (locking or unlocking the rear wheels ).

2. toggles ION engines ( on or off )

3. Fold/Unfold solar panels.

craft download WITH MODS! ( Kerbal Engineer ): http://www./view/f4cfng5moecdncp/Spike%201(3).craft

craft download STOCK : http://www./view/1ir6fkq3muc33c1/Spike%201.craft

*P.P.S : I have the launcher that llifted this thing all the way from kerbin to landing on the Mun, so uh, the first stage has some wiggly problems, deal with it or simply make a new launcher :D!

*P.P.P.S: A kerbal cannot get inside this rover, well he can but it's hard, so if you want to sit on any of those seats just fly in the jetpack, stand above the rover's roof and click on the seat you want to sit on, same goes to the rear seats, and when you leave the seat, you'll magically get up on the roof :D! ( sometimes in the rover ).

Please post you thoughts, PRO's and CON's.

Edited by MrPopcup

Cool! I love to design cars and land vehicles too.

Commissioner Tadpole: I have experimented a lot with my own cars, and I think the kerbals are certainly not going to spawn inside the car, as they lack the room.

That's really cool, bro! One thing, though. How do the Kerbals leave the car in the event that he is placed INSIDE the rover after leaving the seat? I intend to use it on Laythe, so the gravity makes using RCS thrusters an impossibility.

Thanks both of you!

uhm, it's very *rare* that you get spawned into the rover, but it happened to me and the solution is to get in the seat again then leave it, this will put him out of the rover!

and, please post it here if you are going to use it on laythe, I'd love to see it in action and what others come up with. good luck!

did it work at last or not? if not I can go and remove the part, then upload it again :D!

Could you remake this stock, or is the part integral? I'd be happy to land this on Laythe and mess around with it. I've been looking for a good sturdy rover, and this one looks pure awesome. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.