Post your "KSP just gave up on physics" images here!

Themohawkninja

I recently pulled off the colonization of Laythe (with about 20+ quickloads since I'm not yet adept at Laythe aerobraking, and other fun atmospheric issues), and during a very laggy aerobraking maneuver (I didn't bother with Jool, I just went straight into Laythe at ~8.1 km/s), this happened:

zN6igA7.jpg

That was at only 1x time warp, and somehow that spaceplane held on, even after this:

QaeSPNx.jpg

So, anyone else got some cool images of KSP just giving up on calculating collision, freaky orbital predictions, or other such things?

All of the above.

Plus (unfortunately no screenshot) I tried to turn a large and rather wobbly ship around in space and because it was taking long, I used physics warp. Then the ship bent like a bow and when I tried to use time warp to stop the rotation and bending, it froze in its bent and screwed up shape. After stopping the time warp, all parts skipped back to their original positions, but all struts skipped to positions where these parts were in the bent state. Only after entering and exiting time warp once again things returned to normal.

No pictures but here's the story:

Playing with KSP interstellar mod

Finally put together a ship with warp drive

Ready to depart from Kerbin for Jool at .5c

Coming around the day side, pointing at jool

Figured I was clear of the atmosphere

Warp drive engage in 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

ENGAGE

Suddenly my ship is in several pieces

Still travelling at warp speed

Unable to stop them

No recent quicksave

They were out of the system within an hour

I cried a little

Unfortunately I only got it in video form, but I once had KSP decide that going from on-a-ladder to not-on-a-ladder due to said ladder getting retracted meant that you just lost all of your lateral velocity. Poor Jeb plummeted into the Mun. Tragic, but it made for a fun ending to the video.

Unfortunately I only got it in video form, but I once had KSP decide that going from on-a-ladder to not-on-a-ladder due to said ladder getting retracted meant that you just lost all of your lateral velocity. Poor Jeb plummeted into the Mun. Tragic, but it made for a fun ending to the video.

The same thing happened to be. I used it for Minmus landings using the J-pack

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.