[0.25] SceneJumper (0.2.1) - added "Save and Quit" and "Revert" buttons!

theSpeare

THIS PLUGIN IS NO LONGER SUPPORTED - please see Malah's QuickGoTo instead!

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/95168-0-90-Malah-s-Quick-mods-QuickGoTo-Pre-Released-2015-03-21

obkzCN7.png

Version 0.2 - 17.02.2014

Ever wanted to simply go straight to the VAB/SPH/Tracking Station from flying your ships?

UPDATE TOOLBAR MOD

7fzr46n.png

This mod uses blizzy78's wonderful Toolbar mod to add buttons in the flight, VAB, SPH and Tracking Station scenes that allow you to jump between the scenes. And yes, this mod very much requires Toolbar (due to my inexperience with GUIs and most of C#).

This may seem pretty useless to some people, but when I found myself constantly going back to the Space Center just to go to the VAB or the Tracking Station, it was getting tedious having to wait for the Space Center to load, especially since my computer takes about four seconds to do it. That PLUS the loading time of the other scenes was getting a little annoying for me ESPECIALLY since I did it SO many times. So I thought why not just skip through it? This was the easiest solution I could think of. It may help with people who have slower-end computers, more as a convenience mod than anything else.

Currently supports:

- Going from Flight to VAB/SPH/Tracking Station

- Going from VAB to SPH and vice-versa

- Going from Tracking Station to VAB/SPH

Note that because at times you'll have three buttons from this mod (which may be too many on the toolbar!) - never worry though, blizzy's Toolbar actually carries a feature where you can create a folder and organize the buttons!

An example by Roxette

Azoy7eo.png

During development I had enabled a button that allowed VAB switch to Tracking Station, but for some reason this caused the player to lose mouse (and keyboard) control of the flight camera. Until I figure out how to fix this, you'll have to endure the old way of going back to the Space Center to get to the Tracking Station (OR just launch something small, and hit the Tracking Station button, if you really wanted to).

Please be gentle, this is my first plugin and my very first dive into C# programming (my only background being C). This plugin has also only been through very light testing (one night's worth), so be wary of any bugs. Please report any bugs! :)

Download Alternate Icons by 5thHorseman

(Simply download and unpack into the sceneJumper folder and overwrite the current files)

toSPH.pngtoTS.pngtoVAB.png

Download Here (Curse)

(source and Toolbar included)

Dropbox

Changelog

- Added two new buttons: the revert button and the "save and quit" button
- Removed "Important" for Toolbar buttons as they were irrelevant
- Updated blizzy's Toolbar mod and packaged

- Released sceneJumper

Released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 Generic license.

Powered by blizzy78's Toolbar plugin (comes with the zip file - ensure you don't replace your current Toolbar folder if you have a more recent version!)

Edited by theSpeare

Nice, I hate the slow-loading space center.

A natural extension might be to skip the main menu on startup too. I have this bit of debug code in my mod to skip directly to the VAB after loading the quicksave in the folder "dev".

[KSPAddon(KSPAddon.Startup.MainMenu, false)]
public class Debug_AutoLoadQuicksaveOnStartup: UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour
{
public static bool first = true;
public void Start()
{
if (first)
{
first = false;
HighLogic.SaveFolder = "dev";
var game = GamePersistence.LoadGame("quicksave", HighLogic.SaveFolder, true, false);
if (game != null && game.flightState != null && game.compatible)
{
HighLogic.LoadScene(GameScenes.EDITOR);
}
}
}
}

You could set a flag and the SaveFolder name in your plugindata, then check that on startup; if the flag is set, skip the main menu entirely. If it's not set, do nothing :)

Nice, I hate the slow-loading space center.

A natural extension might be to skip the main menu on startup too. I have this bit of debug code in my mod to skip directly to the VAB after loading the quicksave in the folder "dev".

[KSPAddon(KSPAddon.Startup.MainMenu, false)]
public class Debug_AutoLoadQuicksaveOnStartup: UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour
{
public static bool first = true;
public void Start()
{
if (first)
{
first = false;
HighLogic.SaveFolder = "dev";
var game = GamePersistence.LoadGame("quicksave", HighLogic.SaveFolder, true, false);
if (game != null && game.flightState != null && game.compatible)
{
HighLogic.LoadScene(GameScenes.EDITOR);
}
}
}
}

You could set a flag and the SaveFolder name in your plugindata, then check that on startup; if the flag is set, skip the main menu entirely. If it's not set, do nothing :)

Since I do mods and load/reload the game a LOT I wrote this plugin:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60880-Magic-Smoke-Industries-DevHelper-0-3-Dec-26-2013

My next update I hope to allow loading of specific ships in flight and hopefully loading crafts onto the launchpad.

@Uqabos: yeah, I've been asking around for help or for someone else to do it - no one really responded so I decided to just do it myself. I was getting pretty tired of the Space Center :P

@AndreyATGB: It's already programmed to save when you jump from the Flight scene to the VAB/SPH/Space Center. I went through much trouble to prevent it from switching scenes if it won't even let you go to the Space Center through the pause menu. Everything should be okay but if you run into issues, do let me know.

@hab136 and sirkut: I was very interested about this for a moment but turns out sirkut already wrote something :P His will definitely even be neater than mine, so go crazy with his.

Meanwhile I'm still trying to figure out the problem with the camera loss after jumping from the VAB to the Tracking Station directly. I figure it's because camera control is lost right at the start due to the lack of a root part. But I still can't find anything I can exploit to circumvent this; like something to restart camera control every time you come out of the VAB?

I haven't come across any problems yet. Perhaps back your save up? From my experience so far I haven't come across any problems and vehicles are saving fine.

Unless I'm doing anything wrong, this is pretty much the only this.

GamePersistence.SaveGame("persistent", HighLogic.SaveFolder, SaveMode.OVERWRITE);

Me, including a few of my friends, have been using this extensively now and nothing has broken just yet. Still working on the camera problem! If I can fix it then switching from the VAB to the Tracking Station should be available.

I've had the camera spawn far off, like 3 kilometers from the launch pad when going from VAB to Launch. Focus is good you just have to zoom all the way back in. Minor thing.

This is odd, but I think it may be a normal problem to 0.23, as it has occurred many times to me before I even wrote this plugin. Someone here said a good workaround to try is just to press M twice (to the map view and back again) and the focus resets by itself. Anyone else having the same issue?

I've had the camera spawn far off, like 3 kilometers from the launch pad when going from VAB to Launch. Focus is good you just have to zoom all the way back in. Minor thing.

This has nothing to do with the plugin. Also, to zoom back in, you can just enter map mode, then exit map mode again.

Curious - what's the demand for sceneJumper to carry its own GUI? I've recently started learning how to make them myself and I'm wondering if anyone would like a version that (possibly) would pop-up a GUI when you pause the menu, with the buttons for jumping. This would of course only be limited to flight. I'm not quite sure how to elegantly place the buttons in the rest of the scenes.

for me it works fine, no bugs covered.

but i have a suggestion: can you change it to one icon in the toolbar, that opens a GUI with the jump to options? because i have a realy small screen and resolution. so it would be cool to keep much space as possible for people like me :)

for me it works fine, no bugs covered.

but i have a suggestion: can you change it to one icon in the toolbar, that opens a GUI with the jump to options? because i have a realy small screen and resolution. so it would be cool to keep much space as possible for people like me :)

I can happily do this - I'll work on an alternate version that only carries one button per scene. It shouldn't be too difficult. However, in the OP there's a way to actually create a folder with the Toolbar mod (which is what sceneJumper already uses). Just press the tiny button on the side of the toolbar with the sceneJumper buttons and there should be an option to make a folder. Then you can simply go about dragging the sceneJumper buttons into the folder and you'll pretty much have the same functionality.

Let me know if you manage to do this fine :)

Sweet mod. I fiddled with the buttons. Not sure if I like them (especially the spaceplane hangar) but if you do, feel free to use them in the pack (or not, no worries)

Those look quite nice! Do you mind packaging it into a .zip and I'll add another download link that people can use and overwrite the current icons. Cheers btw :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.