BABYLON: Derelict - EPIC challenge!

Tada

I tried both making the file I had a persistent.sfs in a save, and also tried changing some of the settings, so I haven't been able to get the save to work. It does not show up in the Scenarios menu. Maybe other people have been having the same problem?

Same with me.

It makes me sad because this does sound like an awesomesauce challenge.

I've started playing around with it. I'm recording video of my playthrough too.

So far, I decided that Elvis needed to land the SSTO spaceplane attached to the Horizon space station (both of which were VERY nicely designed, by the way). Flies very nicely, especially for stock aerodynamics.

I'll get to planning my transfer maneuvers soon.

EDIT: I would only, of course, publish the playthrough as one of my weekly KSP Misadventures with your permission (after the competition is completed or when the secrets are out or a spoiler warning) to prevent spoiling it for anyone, and I'll PM you about it beforehand.

Edited by dshuck

"return all Kerbals from Joolian system to KSC!"

Is destroying their ship to pry them out part of the challenge? Because it doesn't look like it's built to land and the hatch is obstructed.

Spoilage caution plz... (2nd time in this thread so far :( ; maybe PM the OP)

Well,those unkown signals can be treated many ways. The easy way is treat them as hostiles ;) But also you can get scire by bringing them home. I think ships provided gives oportunity + you can use ships found in Joolian system once you "capture" them :-)

They sure can be handled many ways but I don't see a way to handle them which makes sense in context of challenge rules.

They definitely don't look hostile. They're Kerbals, right? But I can't get them out of their ship without destroying it and it makes no sense to me to destroy a perfectly good friendly ship and get a bonus for it.

It's really hard to decide whether things are broken intentionally or because of lack of testing of the scenario and perhaps some errors in the save file.

I think I'll give up on this challenge not because I couldn't finish it but because I don't find it fun.

Well, ships you have found, if they are damaged, it is not caused by kraken :) And If the ship is perfectly good you can fly it back to Kerbin and get score at least for bringin the crew to LKO.

I would like to say I love the premise of this challenge and I wish there were more challenges like this but during my run through I encountered a few bugs.

Is it WAD that some of the crafts explode upon switching to them? I have arrived with my ship very close to some of the vessels then switched to them (as allowed in the rules) to get a better view and then on multiple occasions they have exploded and I have been unable to switch back with out first going to the space center.

Again its very novel idea that just has some few bugs. I'll wait to see how others handle it :)

OBJECTIVES:

50 1. Reach Laythe with ships provided in scenario (50 points)

20 2. Find out why there is no communication between Kerbin and Laythe (20 points)

3. Investigate the status of Saphire station on low Laythe orbit. (50+100 points)

4. Search for DCMS Ark Roayl and MCLEC Anicetus. Report status of ships, rescue crews. (200+200 points)

5. Commence search and rescue operation on Laythe surface (300 points for each Kerbal)

6. Go investigate unknown signals around Jool systém, provide informations (100 points for each)

7. Provide informations on status about Gamma orbital station. (100 points)

8. Return all Kerbals to Kerbin/Kerbin orbit (500 for each)

500 *

500 *

500 *

500 *

8020 sub-total

Multipliers:

1.5 1. Fleet operations – bring more than one ship to Laythe in single launch window (1.5x)

1.2 2. Leap of faith - bring KADF Valiant to Laythe and back. (1.2x)

2 3. Scavenger – finnish all objectives without launching refueling mission from Kerbin (2x)

2.5 4. Home sweet home! – return all Kerbals from Joolian system to KSC! (2.5x) “land capsule with them directly on KSC“

Max. multipliers are adding to each other.

7.2 sub-mult

57744 total

Mods used: TriggerTech's Kerbal Alarm Clock

Mission on v0.23

I submitted pictures and more details to the OP. PM me if interested in the link.

thanks for the fun challenge,

kdonfede

--

"Adding K to every word..."

So which score is correct? This or that in PM? Congrat to EPIC succes!

I must say Donfede is way better pilot and way more creative than I´m :D

Edited by Tada

Can I just cheat the ships to sapphire,re-do the valiants rounds,and go home.

Will you allow a replacement valiant for the save in progress(in which the original vanished near the second signal)

Edited by Spartwo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.