[0.23.5] Kerbal Space Industries [26APR14] [MFD 1.2]

Hyomoto

20 hours ago, SpaceSmith said:

Has there been any update on this mod at all?? Anyone able to get it to work with 1.5?

Seems like it's ceased most functionality at all in 1.0.5 with the latest RPM. The buttons don't even seem to work.

It'd be great if there was an update to this, or at least an update on its current status.

Edited by mythbusters844

• 1 month later...

@Hyomoto So, I'm trying to use the UHF blade antenna, in 1.0.5, with RT...And I'll be dog-gone, but I just cant seem to get it working...

I've tried all the MM patches listed in the thread, and I've also verbatim copy & pasted various RT .cfg patches for other mod antennas... I cant get ANYTHING to work...

Here's the latest attempt... Can anyone see anything I'm missing?

@PART[bladeAntenna]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]{
	!MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter] {}

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntenna] {
		%IsRTActive = true
		%Mode0OmniRange = 0
		%Mode1OmniRange = 500000
		%EnergyCost = 0.05

%TRANSMITTER {
			%PacketInterval = 0.5
			%PacketSize = 1
			%PacketResourceCost = 10.0
		}
	}
}

Edited by Stone Blue

• 6 months later...

hi i had an idea but don't know how to create programs or any other type of programing really (had a brief foray into arduino haha). but i was wondering if you could merge your mod with telemachus.

basically one of the problems for those of us that are trying to make a ksp simpit is that the game does not have multi monitor support. so my idea is to have a program that looks like an mfd display similar to your mod and that receives game information from telemachus so that relevant flight data can be displayed on other monitors, and if its a program instead of a browser window like telemachus is then it would accept key macros  that would change the information displayed. the ultimate goal would to be make custom mfd button panels with displays that work. if a modder that is capable is interested i think this would be very immersive mod. although a have no idea how mods such as vessel viewer or the use of cameras would work but as i said i have no programing experience whatsoever.

using these thrustmaster mfd panels would be amazing https://www.amazon.com/Thrustmaster-Cougar-Flight-Control-Panels/dp/B002HH9TRY

• 2 months later...

Hi there. I remember using this mod way back when for RPM back when it was still maintained. It was a lovely functional mod that I wish I still had.

With this mod, I could make it to the Mun all in IVA. Relying on stock RPM meant I didn't have phase angle information.

I don't know what's been going on Hyomoto, but I missed this mod.

Other famous modders like Alexius who made Alcor had seemed to have stopped supporting their beautiful capsule. It's a shame, I would have liked to have used that mod in 1.2.1 as well.

I do remember hacking it to work in 0.24-25 but I don't remember what I did to make it work.
Hyomoto, if you're not working on this anymore, what would I or others need to do to this mod to keep it functional in 1.2.1?

Thanks for creating this and showing us how it's done. JSI should have made MFD the stock interface.

Edited by jackellice

So I found a way to revive some of the functionality of this mod's features. Be warned it's not pretty.

Apparently 1.0.5 broke a lot of mods that relied on UI stuff but MFD still kinda works with RPM. All the screens load, it's just that the 3D model in this mod for the MFD is unable to work with the changes Squad made to how UI functions.

So this is where butchering come in.

1. install Hyomoto's mod

2. Delete master-RPM in Hyomoto/Patches

3. Save this file and overwrite them in JSI\RPMPodPatches\BasicMFD.

4. Save this file and this one and overwrite them in Hyomoto\MFD\pages.

And you're pretty much done.

Now here's what doesn't work. Everything works now. Navball just needs centering.

1. The navball apparently doesn't have a texture for tha ball. this can probably be replaced with the stock RPM's page. Fixed! It's not centered properly but it works.

2. One of the resources page does not work. It's not a big issue since the others work quite well. Fixed!

3. Because the stock RPM model has 7 horizontal buttons over 5, the mapping is a little weird. buttons 1-5 are at the bottom. 6-8 are at the left. and 10 is the 4 button from the top on the left. 9 isn't used at all it seems. This can be easily fixed. Fixed!

While the UI doesn't match the secondary options, all the buttons that are needed work. Why would you want to use this?
E7hSFHL.png

Because I know of no IVA mod that shows you the phase and eject angle to get you to the Mun.

Edited by jackellice

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.