[0.23.5] Kerbal Space Industries [26APR14] [MFD 1.2]

Hyomoto

I like this - if you're thinking of making it work with RemoteTech 2, it seems that all that's required is to copy/paste the code where Cilph overrides the behaviour of the Squad Communotron 16 (although probably with better resistance to airflow).

Simply create a text file (e.g. "RemoteTech_Kerbal_Space_Industries.cfg") in GameData/RemoteTech2 with that content:

@PART[bladeAntenna]
{
!MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter] {}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntenna
IsRTActive = true
Mode0OmniRange = 0
Mode1OmniRange = 2500000
EnergyCost = 0.13
TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.4
PacketSize = 2
PacketResourceCost = 10.0
}
}
MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPUPassive
}
}

This should work and merge the properties of both antenna. It basically uses only the distances of the Communotron 16 (2.5 Mm if on) so it won't break due to air resistance. It is also by default activated, so you might want to turn it off, when your plane is manned to save energy.

Fabian

I'm not sure if you are asking here because I made the patch, but it seems feasible enough. You need to download the file, and then extract both files to somewhere in your GameData folder. If you already have RPM installed, you should already have module manager and that is all it takes!

Edited by Hyomoto

After spending about an hour or so trying to get this working properly, I've decided to register and ask for some assistance.

I'm able to install RasterPropMonitor1.4 and have it work properly, with the included MFDs properly appearing in the stock IVAs. However, upon attempting to install the Kerbal Space Industries MFD pack, the MFDs remain the same as those included in the RasterPropMonitor1.4 base install.

For reference, the following is the layout of my GameData folder:

-GameData

---Hyomoto

-----Flags

-----MFD

-------images

-------pages

---JSI

-----RasterPropMonitor

-------...(omitted for space reasons)

---MechJeb2RPM

---SCANsatRPM

---Squad

---"ModuleManager_1_5_6.dll"

I have tried loading a new save file, using both the standard one and three man capsules, but the only MFDs that show are still the base RasterPropMonitor1.4 ones.

I have attempted, but have been unable to rectify this problem myself, so I am asking if anyone here has any information that may guide me towards a solution.

After spending about an hour or so trying to get this working properly, I've decided to register and ask for some assistance.

I'm able to install RasterPropMonitor1.4 and have it work properly, with the included MFDs properly appearing in the stock IVAs. However, upon attempting to install the Kerbal Space Industries MFD pack, the MFDs remain the same as those included in the RasterPropMonitor1.4 base install.

For reference, the following is the layout of my GameData folder:

-GameData

---Hyomoto

-----Flags

-----MFD

-------images

-------pages

---JSI

-----RasterPropMonitor

-------...(omitted for space reasons)

---MechJeb2RPM

---SCANsatRPM

---Squad

---"ModuleManager_1_5_6.dll"

I have tried loading a new save file, using both the standard one and three man capsules, but the only MFDs that show are still the base RasterPropMonitor1.4 ones.

I have attempted, but have been unable to rectify this problem myself, so I am asking if anyone here has any information that may guide me towards a solution.

Are you sure they are the same? Because Hyomoto used the same models as those provided by RPm but he changed the program of the RPM so you have to click a bit on the MFD too see if it really is the same...

EDIT: Alright, I uploaded the build with the missing file again. I didn't notice it because it wouldn't affect anyone who was updating, only someone who didn't previously have the files which is a dunce move on my part.

Download

Edited by Hyomoto

Well, I'm glad I wasn't just doing something wrong. I created "patchMFD.cfg" in your MFD directory with the code you provided, and it works perfectly now.

Thank you for the quick response, and for your continued work on this mod. It really adds a lot to the game.

Heyo Hyomoto! :D

I'm a big fan of both RasterPropMonitor and your re-design of it's layout! In playing with them, I've come across a few bugs:

1. If you select one of the sub-menu in the SmartASS window (tested on OBT and TGT), the ESC button brings you back to the Plugin selection menu instead of back to the main SmartASS menu. Selecting SmartASS again will return you to the sub-menu you had previously selected. At this point it will be effectively impossible to return to the main SmartASS menu on that monitor.

2. On the TRGT -> TARGT screen, in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, the word "GPS" is still there, and is obscuring the new "PLGN" label.

3. The words "Radar altitude" are obscured by TRGT and PLGN in the upper right-hand corner of the INFO -> ALT screen.

4. When on either of the other two INFO screens, pressing 3 will not take you to the INFO -> ALT screen as 1 and 2 do for their corresponding screens.

5. This may or may not be a bug but, on the ScanSAT screen, 0 is labeled "SWAP" but does nothing. Meanwhile, 9 swaps between color and grayscale displays. It seems like you intended for this functionality to be tied to 0 instead of 9. It would make more sense to me, anyways.

Hopefully you find this info helpful. It's possible that some of these may originate with RPM but I figure if any of them do, it would be fairly easy for you to identify them and maybe pass the info on to Mihara. Thanks for all your work on this mod, it's already added a lot of value to my KSP experience!

Thank you for the report:

Its hard for me to test MechJeb since I just press buttons and hate it with all my soul (MechJeb, sorry, I'm one of those). However, I did find what I think is causing your issue so I should have a fix for that.

Found number 2 as well, thank you!

The INFO -> ALT screen is ... provided as is with no warranty. Just kidding. As you may have noticed, that isn't a custom graphic (mostly), the page is a literal copy of Mihara's page that I provided simply because some people enjoy having it on. I plan to do something with it eventually, but I'll see if I can't do a more interim fix.

I fixed the mistake with 3 not taking you to the proper screen.

And lastly, I did what I -think- will fix this? Test it out, let me know. I'll do a personal check of the functions first, then I'll release a patch later today. Once again, thanks for the thorough report!

Edited by Hyomoto

Big fan of Raster Prop Monitor, even bigger fan of what you've done with it. ^^

I'm interested in IVA-only gameplay and the biggest hurdle to making that happen is that a lot of ship designs have more controllable parts than they have action key bindings - especially if KSP Interstellar is involved. I think an interface for controlling all right-clickable ship parts would be awesome - something that would list all controllable ship parts and allow you to select them, then mirror the information and functionality you get from right-clicking a part in the external view. How possible would something like that be?

New Update!

I've got a hotfix for everyone, and a new interface skin! First off, the hotfix is sort of a rude one. You'll need to remove your old Hyomoto folder, even if you used 1.1c. All the Linux bugs should be gone, and there shouldn't be any more interface issues. This also opens it up for easier skinning support, which is my olive branch for being annoying and making stupid mistakes. Check out the black interface skin based on WaRi's work,

KSI MFD 1_1d

Black Interface Skin

Now I should talk about KSO. I need to sit down and see exactly what it does and what it needs. Helldiver has my blessing for using my MFD so I'd like to make it as easy as possible to use a custom model, so for my next update I hope to work with him and other developers who want to do the same thing and see if we can't find an easy way to use a new model with the same files. This shouldn't just benefit me and those mod users, but anyone later on who creates a custom display for RPM.

Big fan of Raster Prop Monitor, even bigger fan of what you've done with it. ^^

I'm interested in IVA-only gameplay and the biggest hurdle to making that happen is that a lot of ship designs have more controllable parts than they have action key bindings - especially if KSP Interstellar is involved. I think an interface for controlling all right-clickable ship parts would be awesome - something that would list all controllable ship parts and allow you to select them, then mirror the information and functionality you get from right-clicking a part in the external view. How possible would something like that be?

I'm trying to see about getting these types of features. I spoke briefly with ferram to see if we can't get a prop control for things like flaps or toggling his flight assists on and off. I'm also working on modeling a few components for this purpose as well, but as an amateur that is a ways off. I can only assure you I have the same dream.

New Update!

I've got a hotfix for everyone, and a new interface skin! First off, the hotfix is sort of a rude one. You'll need to remove your old Hyomoto folder, even if you used 1.1c. All the Linux bugs should be gone, and there shouldn't be any more interface issues. This also opens it up for easier skinning support, which is my olive branch for being annoying and making stupid mistakes. Check out the black interface skin based on WaRi's work,

KSI MFD 1_1d

Black Interface Skin

Now I should talk about KSO. I need to sit down and see exactly what it does and what it needs. Helldiver has my blessing for using my MFD so I'd like to make it as easy as possible to use a custom model, so for my next update I hope to work with him and other developers who want to do the same thing and see if we can't find an easy way to use a new model with the same files. This shouldn't just benefit me and those mod users, but anyone later on who creates a custom display for RPM.

I'm trying to see about getting these types of features. I spoke briefly with ferram to see if we can't get a prop control for things like flaps or toggling his flight assists on and off. I'm also working on modeling a few components for this purpose as well, but as an amateur that is a ways off. I can only assure you I have the same dream.

Nice :D Could you maybe post some pictures of that new skin ? I want some help to decide which one to use

Nice :D Could you maybe post some pictures of that new skin ? I want some help to decide which one to use

Sure thing, I'm a bit scatterbrained sometimes. I put a small one up in the original post, I didn't even think to include one here.

Black Interface

screenshot739_zps7af0cff1.png~original

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks in a BIG way. This has helped immensely with immersion- it's to the point where I've flown an entire Apollo-style (complete with half the lander left on the mun) mission to the mun using ONLY internal view- and wasn't bored! XD AWesome!

Any chance we can see the Vessel View plugin integration? I have unsuccessfully tried and failed to make it show up.

Eventually yes. Now that I've finished making various 'under the hood' improvements, I'm working on doing a functional update. I like the way Vessel View looks and you can bet I'll be incorporating it in some fashion.

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks in a BIG way. This has helped immensely with immersion- it's to the point where I've flown an entire Apollo-style (complete with half the lander left on the mun) mission to the mun using ONLY internal view- and wasn't bored! XD AWesome!

Sounds awesome! It isn't boring because there's a lot of tension you aren't used to! I had a ship behaving oddly getting into orbit, I had to muscle it into position. Upon exiting the craft to check on it, I discovered a wing had at some point gone missing! I probably would have just hit revert once I saw it fly off from the external view, but not knowing kept me in the game.

-snip- Test it out, let me know. I'll do a personal check of the functions first, then I'll release a patch later today. Once again, thanks for the thorough report!

Confirming all issues seem resolved in the current patch. Happy I could help! :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.