[0.23.5] Kerbal Space Industries [26APR14] [MFD 1.2]

Hyomoto

Eventually yes. Now that I've finished making various 'under the hood' improvements, I'm working on doing a functional update. I like the way Vessel View looks and you can bet I'll be incorporating it in some fashion.

Sounds awesome! It isn't boring because there's a lot of tension you aren't used to! I had a ship behaving oddly getting into orbit, I had to muscle it into position. Upon exiting the craft to check on it, I discovered a wing had at some point gone missing! I probably would have just hit revert once I saw it fly off from the external view, but not knowing kept me in the game.

Particularly fun is using the cameras and the internal cam view to recreate that "Apollo-watching-the-last-stage-separate" feel. XD

One bug I HAVE found; with resources, if you look at the 'stage' view. the monoprop/fuel/oxid meters seem to either all read exactly the same thing, or confuse eachother's values. Help? XD

Particularly fun is using the cameras and the internal cam view to recreate that "Apollo-watching-the-last-stage-separate" feel. XD

One bug I HAVE found; with resources, if you look at the 'stage' view. the monoprop/fuel/oxid meters seem to either all read exactly the same thing, or confuse eachother's values. Help? XD

You can ask ... but you will hate the answer! It gets those values from stock KSP (not MechJeb, not engineer) which is pitiful at figuring out stage resources. It can work, but only with either final stages or simple rockets. If you build the traditional SRB assisted lift-off with simple tank/engine staging, it will work. Anything else and 'good luck' comes to mind. It's just something I can't fix right now, as much as the existence of that page suggests I would!

As a work around, dtobi's smart parts can automatically stage for you when a tank runs dry which is useful for all-IVA missions if you are using asparagus staging. I also recommend doing 'test burns' of your rockets, or using Engineer, and marking down how long each stage is supposed to burn for. That's how I did Kerpollo, I simply staged at the marked times on my flight plan.

Had an awesome thought, figured I'd pitch it your way. ^^ Any thought given to an Infernal Robotics servo controller plugin?

I'm sure it's been considered, and with vessel view and cameras it may even one day become practical! My suggestion? Keep the dream alive, and suggest RPM to everyone you meet. The more synonymous it becomes with KSP, the more mod authors will be interested in writing plugins for it! And if that day comes, you can bet I'll support it.

hi. it appears that the plugin is incompatible with the vesselview RPM plugin. just wanted to comment on the issue. with vesselview installed the mfd just displays a blank page with some small text at the top with a filepath i cant read. not sure if the issue is with this plugin or with vesselview.

hi. it appears that the plugin is incompatible with the vesselview RPM plugin. just wanted to comment on the issue. with vesselview installed the mfd just displays a blank page with some small text at the top with a filepath i cant read. not sure if the issue is with this plugin or with vesselview.

I can second that.

Hi there.

I would first off thank you guys for this awesome mod.

Then to my "Autopilot software not installed" issue: I don't seem to get the SmartASS to work at all, or I am doing somthing wrong.

If I have understood it right I need MechJeb, and I have the newest version: 2.1.1

What else? nothing happends if I put an AR202 case on the vessel. Stills says "Autopilot software not installed".

Just a tiny question, in career mode, the camera part says 'entry purchase required' or something. However, I can't seem to find where I can 'purchase' the part. Any ideas?

If that is happening you should be able to go into the R&D building. You'll see nodes with parts yet unlocked by the little number in the lower, right hand corner. It should be under science if memory serves me.

Hmm, I'll have to look into that. All I can say is I don't officially support Vesselview at this time so I can't make any claims that it will or will not work. You might check and make sure vesselview isn't overwriting any of my mods files, does it use MM to add itself to RPM?

Hi there.

I would first off thank you guys for this awesome mod.

Then to my "Autopilot software not installed" issue: I don't seem to get the SmartASS to work at all, or I am doing somthing wrong.

If I have understood it right I need MechJeb, and I have the newest version: 2.1.1

What else? nothing happends if I put an AR202 case on the vessel. Stills says "Autopilot software not installed".

You need the MechJebRPM which you may already have otherwise I have to recommend you ask on the RPM thread. MoarDV created that plugin/function and is better suited to explain what it takes to get it working than me.

I made a module manager config to add Vessel Viewer, the big orbital display and the HUD/PFD from JSI RPM

@PROP[HyomotoMFD]{
@MODULE[RasterPropMonitor]:Final{

// ---VesselView----------
@PAGE[menuPlugin]{
@CONTEXTREDIRECT{
redirect = btn3, pluginVesselView
}
}
@PAGE[pluginScanSAT]{
@CONTEXTREDIRECT{
}
}
@PAGE[pluginSmartASS]{
@CONTEXTREDIRECT{
}
}

PAGE
{
name = pluginVesselView
PAGEHANDLER
{
name = InternalVesselView
method = ShowMenu
buttonClickMethod = ButtonProcessor
buttonUp = 0
buttonDown = 1
buttonEnter = 2
buttonEsc = 3
buttonHome = 7
pageTitle = ---------- Vessel Viewer ----------
multiHandler = true
}
BACKGROUNDHANDLER
{
name = InternalVesselView
method = RenderViewer
pageActiveMethod = PageActive
multiHandler = true
}
disableSwitchingTo = btn1, btn2, btn3, btn4, btn5, btn6, btn7, btn8, btn9, btn10, up, down, enter, escape, home
CONTEXTREDIRECT
{
redirect = btn1, pluginScanSAT
redirect = btn2, pluginSmartASS
redirect = home, menuDefault
}
}

//----Big Orbit display from RPM---
@PAGE[menuInfo] {
@CONTEXTREDIRECT{
redirect = btn4, orbitgraphical
}
}
@PAGE[infoResourceSimple]{
@CONTEXTREDIRECT{
}
}
@PAGE[infoResourceTotal]{
@CONTEXTREDIRECT{
}
}
@PAGE[infoResourceTotal2]{
@CONTEXTREDIRECT{
}
}
@PAGE[infoMission]{
@CONTEXTREDIRECT{
}
}
@PAGE[infoLog]{
@CONTEXTREDIRECT{
}
}
@PAGE[infoAltitudeGraph]{
@CONTEXTREDIRECT{
}
}

PAGE
{
name = orbitgraphical
text = JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example/ExampleMFD/p2_orbit_graphical.txt
disableSwitchingTo = btn1, btn2, btn3, btn4, btn5, btn6, btn7, btn8, btn9, btn10, up, down, enter, escape, home
BACKGROUNDHANDLER
{
name = JSIOrbitDisplay
method = RenderOrbit
//orbitDisplayPosition = 5,224,630,410
orbitDisplayPosition = 0,32,640,608
}
textureInterlayURL = JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example/ExampleMFD/bg01
CONTEXTREDIRECT
{
redirect = btn1, infoResourceSimple
redirect = btn2, infoMission
redirect = escape, menuInfo

}
}

// --------PFD HUD -----
@PAGE[menuFlight]{
@CONTEXTREDIRECT{
redirect = btn5, aviapfd
}
}
@PAGE[flightDisplay]{
@CONTEXTREDIRECT{
redirect = btn5, aviapfd
}
}
@PAGE[flightTakeoff]{
@CONTEXTREDIRECT{
redirect = btn5, aviapfd
}
}
@PAGE[flightLanding]{
@CONTEXTREDIRECT{
redirect = btn5, aviapfd
}
}
@PAGE[flightOrbit]{
@CONTEXTREDIRECT{
redirect = btn5, aviapfd
}
}

PAGE
{
name = aviapfd
text = JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example/ExampleMFD/pa_HUDPFD.txt
defaultFontTint = 0,255,0,255
defaultFontNumber = 2
BACKGROUNDHANDLER
{
name = JSIHeadsUpDisplay
method = RenderHUD
horizonTexture = JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example/ExampleMFD/HUDPFD/ladder
use360horizon = true
horizonSize = 320,320
horizonTextureSize = 480,480
hudFov = 120
headingBar = JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example/ExampleMFD/HUDPFD/heading
headingBarPosition = 160,123,320,37
headingBarWidth = 320

vertBar1Texture = JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example/ExampleMFD/HUDPFD/rightscale
vertBar1UseLog10 = true
vertBar1Variable = RADARALTOCEAN
vertBar1Position = 480,160,64,320
vertBar1Limit = 0,10000
vertBar1TextureLimit = 855,170
vertBar1TextureSize = 640

vertBar2Texture = JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example/ExampleMFD/HUDPFD/leftscale
vertBar2UseLog10 = true
vertBar2Variable = VERTSPEED
vertBar2Position = 96,160,64,320
vertBar2Limit = -10000,10000
vertBar2TextureLimit = 1845,208
vertBar2TextureSize = 640

staticOverlay = JSI/RasterPropMonitor/Example/ExampleMFD/HUDPFD/hud-overlay
}
CONTEXTREDIRECT{
redirect = btn1, flightDisplay
redirect = btn2, flightOrbit
redirect = btn3, flightTakeoff
redirect = btn4, flightLanding
redirect = escape, menuFlight
}
}
// ---end--
}
}

Edit: Also for the menus you will need http://pastebin.com/ynkFbqaa and http://pastebin.com/kG1xsgHy for Orbit and VesselViewer respectively. http://pastebin.com/qRKGGaPg is for menuFlight. Pastebin does not respect capitalization so rename as appropriate.

Edited by Read have Read
V4: Fixed SASS and BigOrbit Redirects. Added Menu pastes

It seems the SmartASS page is missing the redirect for the escape and home buttons.

I'll have to look at it, but I thought I'd taken care of that a while back. There was an issue with their placement, but it should have been resolved.

I'll have to look at it, but I thought I'd taken care of that a while back. There was an issue with their placement, but it should have been resolved.

What is more weird is now with my MM redirects, I can't get to ScanSat unless I go through SmartASS, I don't see any reason for it to behave like that. Pressure sure it didn't do that before.

I see it now, take the @ out from in front of your redirect overrides. What is happening is the first redirect is getting overwritten with your changes. You just want to add it. The reason it doesn't work is because MM can't tell the difference between each of the redirects, so it simply overwrites the first one it finds. There is a way to replace the number of the instance you want, but I don't think it will work in this context. You either have to replace all of them, or just add the command you want.

@CONTEXT_REDIRECT { redirect = btn3, pluginVesselView

Edited by Hyomoto

The vesselview MM config does not seem to be working for me. Know that I am using the one above, but with the part for the HUD cut out (I want the orbital display and VesselView). Instead, it reset me to stock RPM. -_-

Also, a minor bug. When descending over water, such as kerbin return, the landing assistant page displays the DESCENDING AT altitude as the altitude relative to terrain, not the true radar altitude, which I imagine can create some problems when touching down on places like Lathe.

I see it now, take the @ out from in front of your redirect overrides. What is happening is the first redirect is getting overwritten with your changes. You just want to add it. The reason it doesn't work is because MM can't tell the difference between each of the redirects, so it simply overwrites the first one it finds. There is a way to replace the number of the instance you want, but I don't think it will work in this context. You either have to replace all of them, or just add the command you want.

@CONTEXT_REDIRECT { redirect = btn3, pluginVesselView

Ah! I think you are right, the MFD.cfg doesn't specify anything for those buttons, so that line in particular doesn't need it. Apparently I only made that mistake to the plugins, I think I did those late at night.

on a unrelated note, I know that MM 1.5.6 supports a % to add or replace in case I might ever need that.

The black skin is awesome by the way Hyomoto.

The vesselview MM config does not seem to be working for me. Know that I am using the one above, but with the part for the HUD cut out (I want the orbital display and VesselView). Instead, it reset me to stock RPM. -_-

Also, a minor bug. When descending over water, such as kerbin return, the landing assistant page displays the DESCENDING AT altitude as the altitude relative to terrain, not the true radar altitude, which I imagine can create some problems when touching down on places like Lathe.

I'll try adding :Final to the config so it applies after the main KSI/JSI configs in case it is load order.

It goes all the way back to the regular Mihara RPM menus?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.