What do YOU want to see in 0.24?

I really want to see what the devs have in mind for the economy and contracts. I'm hoping that career mode will retain the sandbox feel of the game and so far I have confidence it will. I'm also interested in what other things they have in mind regarding "what to do when you get there."

I'm excited too about contracts. I hope they're semi-randomly generated based on what you're doing currently. So if you've got ships on their way to Jool to set up a base, you get a contract to do something on Jool, not Moho.

I'd also like to see biomes everywhere, but just expanding the selections is fine. Like, say, adding biomes to Duna, Ike, Eve, and Gilly. Then next update the 5 Joolian moons, and finally the three odd-men out.

As they add biomes (and therefore potential to get SCIENCE) I hope they increase the costs of items in the tree. Maybe not all nodes, but make the higher ones cost exponentially more. That way, you can't max out the tree before you've left Kerbin's SOI, but you can still unlock early nodes with the science you can find around KSC. I'm thinking like the first node still costs 5, the 2nd tier nodes cost around 25 instead of 20, but the last nodes cost like 2000 each. With double, triple, even quadruple the available science, that shouldn't be totally unreasonable.

I'd like some of the more (and less!) overpowered things tweaked. I'd like a reason to use a Poodle, and a reason NOT to use 48-7S on almost everything I build. Speaking of tweaks, I'd like everything possible to be tweakable, in the way TweakableEverything is doing it.

And speaking of mods, Kerbal Engineer, PreciseNode, and SelectRoot should also be stock :D

For the people from the "dark side", we mod users REALLY need 64 bit mode. We are hitting that memory barrier way too often and are having to select from a wide variety of great mods to play with. There are so many that we'd like to have loaded but can't because of this memory limit.

Hmm... I would like more small parts for probes, for example small folding solar panels like this:

craft2-browse.jpg

I'd also like to see a ground scoop and camera for grabbing probe reports. Of course, less valuable in science...

And. This.

pickupa.gif

I'd like a sample container.

Yesterday, I had this idea to drop a rover on Minmus and drive around sampling everywhere to find different biomes. Then I realized I'd need a pod for the rover. I little canister of some kind would be good for holding those samples.

Also a way of finding out what biomes exist and where they are without having to explore every inch of a planet.

And a use for the science lab would also be good.

A reason for establishing bases/stations would be good too.

For the people from the "dark side", we mod users REALLY need 64 bit mode. We are hitting that memory barrier way too often and are having to select from a wide variety of great mods to play with. There are so many that we'd like to have loaded but can't because of this memory limit.

this yes! 64 bit mode for all mods I have.

I'd like a sample container.

Yesterday, I had this idea to drop a rover on Minmus and drive around sampling everywhere to find different biomes. Then I realized I'd need a pod for the rover. I little canister of some kind would be good for holding those samples.

Also a way of finding out what biomes exist and where they are without having to explore every inch of a planet.

And a use for the science lab would also be good.

A reason for establishing bases/stations would be good too.

let me recommend scansat for finding biomes.

As for bases/ stations biomes do kind of already do that, though rover frustrations make bases somewhat problematic.

For 0.24 hopefully a more fleshed out career mode. Maybe that other gas giant...

If you want 64-bit mode, you'll have to install Linux. Unity's 64-bit mode is too unstable for Windows and Mac machines, and until the Unity devs get to properly fixing it, complaining that KSP doesn't have it is rather nonsensical.

EDIT:

Also, I think I'll be moving this to Development Discussion.

Edited by vexx32

-Antennas to have different range as you progress. Kind of like RemoteTech but without the need to have a line of sight to KSC since that's not something that belongs in the game if it needs to be accessible.

-The science lab needs to do more, maybe make it like the Interstellar lab which generates science per day. If not, then at least make it more useful (double value for transmitting) and make it give more science for recovering data as well. This way I have a reason to properly aerobrake and get a Kerbin orbit and dock to a lab instead of just coming in at 5km/s.

-Aerodynamics would be fantastic but I don't see it coming this soon.

-Newest Unity would be nice, keep the game up to date.

-Clouds please? This was mentioned in 0.21 but nothing since then.

-Career mode needs some more thinking, economy is a natural upgrade but I still think it can be better.

I'm a confirmed sandbox player, and what I'd most like to see is: realistic-ish reentry heat and better IVA and/or IVA between crew modules. My opinion, of course, is worth exactly the paper it is written on... wait a second, it's not written on paper at all!

I'd like to see a well thinked economy patch, with a Kerbin full of Kerbals that live beyond the limit of KSC, in city, with factory, roads and airports, so u can have lucrative missions to "deliver this loadout to New Kerbyork" or "deploy a comm satellite that orbit geosyncronous directly above Kerbtokyo" or "Go to Philadelbal, pick up the Kerbpresident and bring him to Romeerbal in less than 1h". And then "Go to Mun for an orbit scan of his biome", then "resupply completely your station, fully staff it and start an advanced experiment with this new experimental over dangerous tool (be careful)", then "find and rescue this civilian near north pole with radar module", then "Repair this broken SAS module on this spinning ship" then "land here on Minmus and investigate this strange anomaly" and so on...

Probably not all in 0.24, but when we spoke about economy update i look and hope for this.

Edited by Keymaster89

What I'd really like to see added to 0.24 (besides the planned content)

new features:

- landing aids such as landing camera and/or slope indicator

- VAB/SPH crew setup persistency in any form

- maneuver setup using key shortcuts

bugfixes:

- fix or clear explanation of long standing annoyances such as SOI intercepts without periapsis or SOI exit returning the ship back to the SOI right away

- fix of trajectory changes caused by SOI entry/exit at high time warp

- fix of launch clamps not holding the ship properly

- fix of gravity kick destroying ships on launchpad (turn the gravity on gradually just like atmospheric pressure is now turned on)

What I'd really like to see added to 0.24 (besides the planned content)

new features:

- landing aids such as landing camera and/or slope indicator

- VAB/SPH crew setup persistency in any form

- maneuver setup using key shortcuts

bugfixes:

- fix or clear explanation of long standing annoyances such as SOI intercepts without periapsis or SOI exit returning the ship back to the SOI right away

- fix of trajectory changes caused by SOI entry/exit at high time warp

- fix of launch clamps not holding the ship properly

- fix of gravity kick destroying ships on launchpad (turn the gravity on gradually just like atmospheric pressure is now turned on)

An SOI intercept without a periapsis usually means you're going to collide with the thing you want to orbit around... though yeah, it is rather unclear. Everything else there would be most welcome, in my opinion :D

An SOI intercept without a periapsis usually means you're going to collide with the thing you want to orbit around... though yeah, it is rather unclear. Everything else there would be most welcome, in my opinion :D

I would prefer if it would still display negative periapsis values, so I know if I'm going at 90 degrees in the planet or barely under the surface. It would greatly help with changing orbit direction (clockwise to counter and vice-versa) outside of the planet's SOI.

Aye, I know what you mean, although I think if I'm going to impact the planet I'd also be interested in a reasonable estimate of time to impact and a notice that I'm going to actually hit it, just in case I don't see that the periapsis is negative.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.