Minecraft Movie

Starwhip

It looks so tiny because of the very shallow DoF. :)

Yeah, I know. I like it that way. But it's not going to look like that in the movie.

And I'm planning to make a 20-30 minute film for 2 reasons:

1.) I don't have the time to do an hour and a half of animating, and

2.) A thirty-minute movie will take about, oh, TWELVE DAYS to render... so yeah, looking forward to that... :wink:

I did a quick search and I see many people have tried the Three Little Pigs (I had no idea, honestly), but there weren't any professionally done movies - it's all recorded directly from Minecraft.

What kind of genre do you want to use? Fairytales, creepy stories, reenactments of movies?

I'm going to work on a trailer this weekend. How would I put said trailer up on this thread?

It's going to be a kind of Herobrine reawakening. Kind of hard to explain. Not like anything else up there yet, the trailer will explain everything.

Might I suggest the main plot be centered around Steve aquiring an end portal, killing the dragon(

(with permission of the artist)playing) and then have an animated version of the end sequence. Also if you're looking for voice actors...I'm looking for a position to fill.

killing the dragon

Well, I have no real problem with that. But I'd have to spend a whole day modeling/texturing the darn thing, and I don't really want to do that yet.

Well, let's see here; If I were to somehow have a plot centered on Herobrine being eventually killed, how should it happen? Mob revolt? Obsidian sword? It's not a machinima, so possibilities are only limited by time spent.

Well, I have no real problem with that. But I'd have to spend a whole day modeling/texturing the darn thing, and I don't really want to do that yet.

Well, let's see here; If I were to somehow have a plot centered on Herobrine being eventually killed, how should it happen? Mob revolt? Obsidian sword? It's not a machinima, so possibilities are only limited by time spent.

Hmmm...well...alright then.

Perhaps....yeah, I've got nothing.

Get lost hopelessly in underground caverns. Discover lost city of atlantis buried deep underground in a massive cavern. Fight through enemies guarding it to access ancient technology and use a beam of light (beacon anyone?) to escape into the ocean. Return to your benign home on the surface. Acquire sleep.

That seems epic enough for my standards. :)

Maybe have it were the hero CAN'T permanently kill Herobrine and instead chooses to seal both himself and Herobrine in time to ensure that if Herobrine escapes, the hero can repeat the process. Maybe have Vale Decem from Doctor Who playing while the sealing process goes on?

Maybe have it were the hero CAN'T permanently kill Herobrine and instead chooses to seal both himself and Herobrine in time to ensure that if Herobrine escapes, the hero can repeat the process. Maybe have Vale Decem from Doctor Who playing while the sealing process goes on?

That's a pretty good idea. But how about "Next Stop Everywhere"?

24mxieh.png

Here's Steve's house for the movie.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.