[0.90] Custom Biomes 1.7.0 [17 Dec]

Trueborn

Will you please post the source for 1.6? I know you said it was just a recompile for the new version, but I'd like to reference it all the same... and a mod/admin might notice and request you do so anyway. :S

When I use the new biome for Duna that comes with the DL, will I still get the anomaly that's there?

You mean while using SCANsat? The positions are programmed into SCANsat, so yes. All that Custom Biomes does is define an area of a planet as being more that just "surface" for science gathering purposes.

Will you please post the source for 1.6? I know you said it was just a recompile for the new version, but I'd like to reference it all the same... and a mod/admin might notice and request you do so anyway. :S

Download Source

Unfortunately, this is not the original source code :( I'm in the middle of packing up my house to move, and the box with the original source code one it got packed up today. The linked zip is a reproduction of the source, so you can compile on your own if you so desire.

Edited by Trueborn
Added source link.

Hey Trueborn, I know you're very busy right now moving from house to house. But is there any chance we can get a re-compile for KSP 0.24.1? I'm about getting ready to release a biome set for Custom Biomes here in the next week.

Thank you!

Custom Biomes 1.6.1

No changes, just compiled to 0.24.1

Source

I only downloaded this the day before yesterday and its been broken twice because Squad can't test properly. 0.24.2 just to fix one thing...

Great mod when it was working though even if I didn't want other biomes on other planets the map with where you are pointer is great in and of its self. Thanks and I really hope you can get it recompiled quickly.

The only problem I have is that the user interface is a little big, tbh when its in 1980x1080 I assume its fine but I usually play KSP in windowed mode so I can watch videos and stuff so yeah.

Something else to think about if you do an iteration but otherwise a great mod, even if its as simple as having the ability to resize the map or have a condensed map view. Although what would be absolutely awesome is if you could integrate the resource map into the the biomes I know its would be inaccurate but just to give an idea at a glimpse.

But I assume the last one would be pretty hard, but I would assume maybe incorrectly that then second would be the quite easy with the first being a little harder but still relatively easy to implement.

I may be totally incorrect with that but eh, also if you could change the YOU ARE HERE pointer to be the negative of the colour that its imposed upon that would be mega awesome because its often impossible to find the marker quickly because it is a similar colour to the background.

A second easier work around could be to have it alternate every second or between one colour and its negative making it easier to spot because its blinking and second easier because its going to be viable every other second no matter the background colour.

Edited by etheoma

At this point I am certainly reconsidering having the mod disable itself on version release!

Thanks for your input, but the intent of Custom Biomes is not to be a mapping mod. In fact, the only reason the map is really there is to make sure it is working. If you want to really see where you are, I recommend SCANsat. There is a development version that is getting some much needed attention these days, and offers most of what you're looking for, I believe.

Also, expect another new version later today.

There seems to be a bug in the new button. I have three CB buttons in my applauncher right now. Only the right-most actually works. Going to the tracking station and switching to a ship seems to add a button that doesn't work each time.

Personally, I wish there was an option to choose Toolbar (which can be optional with ToolbarWrapper) or AppLauncher. But I think it could at least use something to hide the button. I really don't need it taking up that space in the AppLauncher, to be honest.

And thanks for the great mod! :)

There seems to be a bug in the new button. I have three CB buttons in my applauncher right now. Only the right-most actually works. Going to the tracking station and switching to a ship seems to add a button that doesn't work each time.

Personally, I wish there was an option to choose Toolbar (which can be optional with ToolbarWrapper) or AppLauncher. But I think it could at least use something to hide the button. I really don't need it taking up that space in the AppLauncher, to be honest.

And thanks for the great mod! :)

Pretty much what i was coming to say. Every time you go to fly something, be it from launching or the tracking station, it adds a button. Currently i have 8 buttons showing up, and only one of them actually works. And that one is the far left one.

While i like the new app launcher integration, I can forsee having a whole screen of them up on top from various mods/plugins.

I dont know how the best solution to go with that problem. Is it possible to to have a option on it to be able to toggle between the app launcher and blizzy's hotbar? I know the Alternative Resource monitor plugin has a toggle between pre .24 button and applauncher one.

Thanks for updating this to current version.

I'll fix the button spam, and it should be possible to choose which type of button (toolbar vs app launcher) for the next release. Sorry for the bugs. As noted, 1.6.2 is still available for download using the old toolbar.

Download 1.6.4

I promise this is the last update for at least...3 days. Unless there's another bug. Or KSP update. Or it rains.

This version fixes the bug where stock toolbar buttons were duplicating after scene changes, and makes toolbar optional. If you would like to use toolbar, make sure it is installed and then launch KSP. In the Custom Biomes menu, go to the second tab (Default Sets), and click the button at the bottom to toggle between Blizzy's toolbar and the stock application launcher. The switch will occur on scene change.

Source Code

Hrm, I hadn't checked for that, I guess. As a workaround, try disabling the UI and stock in the config (ie, both 0).

*edit*

I have fixed it so the dummy buttons won't show up with the GUI disabled, but I'll wait a little while before releasing it for sanity's sake.

Edited by Trueborn
Additional info.

Thank you, I just popped in to ask how to make the new button go away and I see you have already made the changes. Since generally use the UI once when I start a game, I don't really need a huge button taking up screen space.

Hrm, I hadn't checked for that, I guess. As a workaround, try disabling the UI and stock in the config (ie, both 0).

*edit*

I have fixed it so the dummy buttons won't show up with the GUI disabled, but I'll wait a little while before releasing it for sanity's sake.

Both were set to 0. Well, i guess i can just ignore it for some days.

EDIT: While on that topic - i can understand that squad wants a simpler toolbar, but they really ought to support some basic functionality - starting with the ability to hide unneeded buttons, and the ability to create folders (cause otherwise, its only a matter of time until space runs out, since the stock toolbar uses larger buttons).

But it scrolls! Yeah, Blizzy's is still superior in several ways. SteamGauges, for example, will still be using Blizzy's for the time being because it kind of button spasms, and I like the ability to put them all in a folder.

I'll plan on releasing the new version tomorrow, just in case anyone finds anything else.

But it scrolls! Yeah, Blizzy's is still superior in several ways. SteamGauges, for example, will still be using Blizzy's for the time being because it kind of button spasms, and I like the ability to put them all in a folder.

I'll plan on releasing the new version tomorrow, just in case anyone finds anything else.

I may have found something. When you bring the Custom Biomes menu, and go to attempt to load another biome set, the "Load biome set" buttons do not seem to do anything at all; the biome set does not change when you try to change the biome set.

Which biome set are you loading? If you are trying to load "Disable" while "Basic" is loaded, you won't notice any change. This is because there are no biomes to load in the "Disable" set. If you load the "Empty" set, you should see the new biomes disappear. At least that's how it behaves for me. Let me know if that's not the behavior you're experiencing.

Download 1.6.5

Version 1.6.5 fixes the bug where a GUI button would still display even if the GUI is disabled via the config file.

Download Source

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.