[0.90] Custom Biomes 1.7.0 [17 Dec]

Trueborn

unfortunatly still off. I landed in a Desert this morning and it said Water, too. Seems like i only got water Biomes :o

You say you're using RSS files? They might have some more information over on their thread. Otherwise a screen shot showing both the biome map and SCAN sat map might be helpful (for a location other than KSC). Are you having the same issue on other planets as well?

Download 1.6.6

I have released version 1.6.6 of Custom Biomes. This fixes the problems some users were having under Linux where the mod would load correctly, but no actual biomes were loading. As usual, let me know if you encounter any issues.

Alternate download and source code links are in the original post.

There will be a button in either the top right corner, or wherever toolbar is. If you don't have toolbar installed, you might have to change the config option <bool name="UseLauncher">0</bool> to 1 instead of 0. That's in config.xml in the CustomBiomes/PluginData/CustomBiomes folder. I'll try to make sure the next release defaults to the launcher for those who don't have toolbar.

Can anyone confirm that KSP doesn't respect the alpha-value modifiers in the biome png? I have tried to create a modified Kerbin biome map that has the region near KSC at full transparency and the region around it at 50% transparency, and the corresponding setting in the .att file has this:

KSC
KSC Region

The biomes are recognized correctly, but experiments still return full value instead of none/half.

A related problem is that there seem to be special hardcoded biomes for the Runway and Launchpad, has anyone found a way around that? I guess its in "public static string GetExperimentBiome(CelestialBody body, double lat, double lon)", but I don't see a way of overwriting/changing that...

Can anyone confirm that KSP doesn't respect the alpha-value modifiers in the biome png?

[..]

A related problem is that there seem to be special hardcoded biomes for the Runway and Launchpad, has anyone found a way around that?

I'm nearly 100% certain that the alpha values are unused. The stock biome maps are DXT1 which only supports 1 bit alpha at best (off or on). As for the second, those aren't found in the biome maps; they're actually the names of static objects in the scene. I forget the exact details

As for the second, those aren't found in the biome maps; they're actually the names of static objects in the scene. I forget the exact details

These are from the vessel.landedAt string. If that isn't empty they will override any standard biome. I don't know if you can change, add, or remove these, though the string is public, so maybe you can just change it and see what happens.

noob question: do all contracts adapt to the custom biomes (explorer this biome on duna sort of thing)

Honestly, I haven't looked at that yet. If anyone does see contracts populating with new biomes please post it here. It is quite possible that they would, but it just depends on when/how they look at the available biomes for the contracts system.

• 4 weeks later...
Honestly, I haven't looked at that yet. If anyone does see contracts populating with new biomes please post it here. It is quite possible that they would, but it just depends on when/how they look at the available biomes for the contracts system.

I saw this occurring with the Fine Print mod installed.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a problem with 1.6.7 and 0.25. The custom maps won't load into the game. In the UI:

"There is no biome map for ..."
but I can see this in the log file:
[LOG 12:36:41.753] (CB) Starting Custom Biomes v1.6.7[LOG 12:36:41.840] 10/19/2014 12:36:41,CustomBiomes-ToolbarButtonWrapper,ToolbarButtonWrapper: Loading ToolbarManager.

[LOG 12:36:41.843] 10/19/2014 12:36:41,CustomBiomes-ToolbarButtonWrapper,ToolbarButtonWrapper built!

[LOG 12:36:41.844] (CB) Biome replacement complete. Custom Biomes initialization complete.

I tried to reinstall with the same result.

Running OS X 10.9.5

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.