[0.90] Custom Biomes 1.7.0 [17 Dec]

Trueborn

Is there a way to remove the "CB" button in the task bar, upright corner ?

Button is not needed at my level

Yes, but you have to change a line in the config file. Go to your KSP install directory, and open the GameData folder, then CustomBiomes, then PluginData, then CustomBiomes. Now open config.xml (using the text editor of your choice), and change this line:

<bool name="GUIEnabled">1</bool>

to:

<bool name="GUIEnabled">0</bool>

Save, and start up KSP. You shouldn't see any part of the custom biomes UI.

• 3 weeks later...

Custom Biomes is not compatible with KSP 0.90. The good news is, there should be a biome for all of the stock bodies. Also, it looks like they made the entire biome system a bit more robust, which will be good for the future. However, as I don't personally have any more need for biome replacement, I will not be continuing development of Custom Biomes. If any of the planet addition/replacement mod makers would like to continue development for their own mods, please let me know.

Custom Biomes is not compatible with KSP 0.90. The good news is, there should be a biome for all of the stock bodies. Also, it looks like they made the entire biome system a bit more robust, which will be good for the future. However, as I don't personally have any more need for biome replacement, I will not be continuing development of Custom Biomes. If any of the planet addition/replacement mod makers would like to continue development for their own mods, please let me know.

Thanks for all your work on this Trueborn. It was greatly needed and LONG before now. At least we had this to fall back on!

I have to shake my head at everyone saying this is obsolete. The goal of this mod was to allow CUSTOM biomes to planets. Nothing in .90 allows you to do that, and nothing in .90 is going to allow you to make biomes for any new planets created with the upcoming planet mods.

As I stated yesterday, I don't have the need to continue development because I was just waiting for stock biomes to come along to the other planets. I realize that other people do, and that's why I am offering it up for someone else to continue development if they desire. There is still a chance that, after I get SteamGauges 0.90 issues worked out, I might take a look into the new biome changes and post one last update, but it will get done more quickly if someone else takes over. I do appreciate the support, and I'm glad you've gotten some use out of my work.

Custom Biomes 1.7.0 is now available.

Alt Download

Source Code

It turns out the new changes weren't that bad, so after some trial and error here is my final release of Custom Biomes, version 1.7.0. Although this version retains my original biomes, the new default for all save games is the 'Disable' set, which will not load any biomes. You will be able to look at all the new biomes, however. As previously stated, if anyone wants to continue development just let me know. But from here on out I will not be developing this mod any further. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there Everyone! I am a very new but very enthusiastic KSP player. I am playing KSP 0.25 using Real Solar System, FAR, B9 Aerospace and Custom Biomes mods.

My problem is that it seems that I missed something when installing RSS and Custom Biomes, because (as I am the very beginnig of the game) when I try to collect biome samples from Earth(Kerbin) I can see the let's say desert biome but when I collect it, it says I collect water sample. Same happens at another biome as well.... Why is that happening? How can I see and collect the right biome?

THank you in advance!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.