The Gods of Kerbal Mythology (WIP)

miracmert

Hi people! I was thinking about this for a long time and finally I had little time to work on some drawings. I'm not the best artist but well, you know, I tried to make some drawings on paint and photoshop to explain better about the Kerbal Mythology that I imagined. I have finals so I'm not going to be fast on updating but I will update the subject as much as I can. Also I'm trying to make a symbol based Kerbal alphabet so I'm going to mention some of the letters even though I don't have any images of them to show yet.

So here we go:

First I want to introduce you the God of the Gods, the King of the Kings: Sonnah. Soonnah is at the top of the God hierarchy and father of 3 children. He is the illuminator, he is the strongest, he is the brightest. Kerbol was worshiped as Sonnah, making S letter in the Kerbal alphabet (picture will be inserted here in the future) which also represents the word "Kerbol".

Sonnah married with Joolia and had 3 children: Eva, Kerbina and Duxus. Eva and Kerbina were girls, and Duxus was the only son. Duxus was a strong warrior and soon he became the highest commander of the kingdom, protecting his father Sonnah. Eva, however, was a little bit different. She was a strong girl and she always loved power. She learned magic from a little demon, secretly from his father, and got more and more hungry for power. She then dedicated her life to take over the kingdom from his father and become the Queen, however there was a block on her way. Duxus was loyal to his father and he knew about her sister's plans. They never got along since their childhood but after Duxus discovered the evil inside her sister, he could resist no more. Duxus tried to stop her sister on his own, without the help of Sonnah, so he could show his power and loyalty to his after after the fight was over. However, Eva was the oldest sibling and she was more powerful then Duxus. Duxus fought well, however the spells of Eva were stronger than Duxus' swords.

Kerbina was the youngest of three children, and got along well with both Duxus and Eva. When she saw the fight between her siblings, she wanted to intervene but she was to powerless, and she decided to tell about the fight to her father.

When Sonnah heard about the fight and the evil plans of Eva, he intervened and defeated his first child, beloved daughter Eva. To prevent future actions, he imprisoned Eva in the Land of Eva (which was named Eve after years) where it was hot, dense and hard to move so Eva didn't have the opportunity do any evil in such conditions. However, the little demon of Eva Gillus didn't want to lose the opportunity to take over the kingdom so he called The Kraken from the hells right after Eva was imprisoned but the demon was too little and powerless to make Kraken obey his words so he decided to wait until Eva escaped from her prison.

As said before, Duxus was wounded badly and couldn't fight anymore with anybody. He decided to build a safe fortress in the Land of Dunes (later named Duna) until he got well.

After all, Sonnah was too scared for his second daughter Kerbina to follow her sister so he didn't want to leave Kerbina alone. He invited the Guru Münnos to teach about love, loyalty and good to Kerbina while she grew up. Münnos accepted the offer and started looking after Kerbina. Sonnah was still afraid of such a rebellion so he also appointed an eagle to watch Kerbina and Münnos about what they do and report it to Sonnah. The eagle was called Minimos which was named Minmus later.

Kerbina liked Münnos a lot and they got along pretty well. Münnos became like a second father to Kerbina and he tought all about goodness, love and peace to Kerbina. When she grew up, Sonnah gave a gift Kerbina which was a land that got named after her, The Land of Kerbina (became Kerbin later) where Kerbina stayed in there since then. Because Kerbina learned all about love and peace, she gave some of her love to her land and after a while she created life on her land with pure love. She became the mother of all Kerbalkind and was named The Mother Kerbina. That's why Kerbals know nothing about evil, they do not question any mission even though some of them are obviously fatal.

Story of Kosmos, Sonnah and Mohopherrus

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Please tell your opinion so I will know if I should do more or not! :)

Edited by miracmert
New link added

Really cool stories, I'd love to see more. So far this is the only writing on here that has engaged me, and it's such a nice change from sci-fi stories. One thing I'd change is to remove the artwork. It's not bad, I'm crap at art as well, but it will probably clutter up the page in the future.

Really cool stories, I'd love to see more. So far this is the only writing on here that has engaged me, and it's such a nice change from sci-fi stories. One thing I'd change is to remove the artwork. It's not bad, I'm crap at art as well, but it will probably clutter up the page in the future.

Thank you for your encouraging comment! I will take care of the artwork tomorrow, maybe leaving a little imgur album at the end. I will also try to write in a better English because after re-reading what I wrote, it seems that the language doesn't match the story :)

nice! Can't wait for more! Btw ch9ck out my new writing. it's in my description. Hope you like it!

I just checked it, it's awesome! Waiting for the next chapters :)

I like it!

But what about Moho, Dres, Laythe, Vall, Tylo, Bop, Pol and Eeloo?

It's WIP right now so I'll mention about the mythology behind all of them soon :)

I like it!

But what about Moho, Dres, Laythe, Vall, Tylo, Bop, Pol and Eeloo?

That sounds pretty sweet! Can't wait to read more about it, I have never thought that kerbal lifestyle might contain such things as love or religion. I always presumed it pretty much revolved about slapping together highly dangerous and potentially explosive and life threatening devices like a five year old.

Going on from where we left! :)

--------------------------------------------------------

We never talked about where the names of other planets came. I will tell some of them, but there are a lot of them so I will update part by part.

I want to tell you about Mohopherrus but I need to tell you about early ages of Sonnah first:

There was an old king called Kosmos who created everything from dust when there was nothing up in the skies, in fact there was not any sky by the time! Kosmos was a powerful god that had the power to create the universe from nothing, and he would shine to every corner of the universe he created. He did create the universe, however it took near infinity for him to create everything so he became very old after a time. He did not realize that the more he created, the more power he lost. Then he created his heir, Sonnah so when he was gone Sonnah would take the throne. There was a problem, however. While he was creating the universe, some of his creatures were not satisfied by their king and as the universe got bigger, they wanted to control this kingdom. When Sonnah was a little child, rebels fought with his dad until Kosmos cursed them into the hell, imprisoning them in there forever. However, while one of the rebels was falling into the hell, he shot a burning arrow to Kosmos which wounded old king to death.

Before Kosmos died, he lit a candle for his heir Sonnah and said "Find the Souls of the Universe, request help from them for you to shine and, son, shine before this candle loses its fire and the universe becomes completely dark." Kosmos died right after, and the universe started getting darker and darker until a little candle that Sonnah carried was the only light.

The kingdom had collapsed. The wind of fear blew everyone's faces in the universe. There was only one hope, that Sonnah was going to shine again before the gates of hell opened when the light of the candle was also gone.

Sonnah acted quickly and he started searching for the souls. He almost traveled everywhere in the universe and asked everyone where to find the souls. As he was traveling, the light of the candle was getting dimmer and dimmer. When he finally found the souls, he asked them for help and they made fun of him. They did not believe when he told them he was the son of Kosmos. Unfortunately time was too late and the light of the candle was gone.

When all the universe got pitch dark, it did not take long for the gates of the hell to open. It was perfect time for prisoners of the hell to escape since nobody could see them escaping. But Sonnah was insistent on protecting the universe so he waited in front of the gates and challenged escapees on fight. He was a strong warrior, so he had the power to defeat all of the ones that accepted his challenge. More and more of them got scared and returned to the hell as Sonnah was defeating more and more of them. After watching his talent, Souls of the Universe decided to help this young god. They told him to breath as much as he can; and as he was inhaling, the souls entered his body to join his power. They became him, and he became the most powerful. He started shining, becoming the brightest light in the universe. He wasn't as bright as Kosmos though.

While Sonnah was being busy breathing all the Souls of the Universe, there was someone he didn't know accepted his challenge and escaped from the hells: The Kraken.

The Kraken opened his mouth hungrily to swallow Sonnah, but it did not see the dog coming towards. This dog was made of all iron, its skin, its bones and its teeth were all iron-made, being as hard as much. Dog bit one of the tentacles of The Kraken and saved Sonnah from being engulfed. Sonnah witnessed what that hero dog did and he put Kraken back in the hell as it was screaming in pain. Sonnah decided to put candles all around the universe so everybody would see if there was an attempt of escape from the hell. Then, Sonnah took the dog with him as it was the saviour of his life. He named the brave dog Mohopherrus and kept him as close as he can forever.

--------------------------------------------------------

PS:I will add pictures of Kosmos, The Kraken and Mohopherrus later. Also, next up: The story of Joolia and Sonnah, and the beginning of the Sky Empire/Sky Kingdom

I like it! I've included a bit of background to kerbal society in my own story but I never really thought of giving them a mythology. I also agree with the good Commissioner - naming Moho after an iron dog is just plain cool. :D

As you said, your English does need a little bit of work but your descriptions are good enough that the odd mistake here and there doesn't spoil the writing at all. I look forward to reading the next part!

• 11 months later...
  • 9 years later...