A particular thread

Captain Sierra

So, I created a collab project thread here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/65967-Kerbin-Kolonization-Konglomerate-Space-Station-Base-building-Collab?p=914063

Now, it was titled the Kerbin Colonization Conglomerate (so as not to get too close to the Kerbal Colonizationist Society). Now, for fun, I kerbalized that. Unfortunately, it also changes the initiallism to, well, you can probably guess.

Knowing people would be offended, I spefically, in QUOTE tags so it would be noticed and in the first line of the post, stated that the KKK initiallism was a side effect of my attempt to humorously kerbalize the name and that I was in no way attempting to make a racist reference. Now could I change the name? Yes. Would that make it similar to a semi-active, often overlooked collab? Yes. Would that help my popularity? probably not.

Now, even with the disclaimer blatantly obvious, I have at least two people who got annoyed by it and there is about 3-4 comments (including a response to one of them by me which was slightly blunter than I probably should have been) discussing nothing but that. IN the interest of clutter, I'd like to have them removed please as they serve no purpose to further the thread and simply stir controversy which I specifically stated was in no way my intention. If people are offended, I am not forcing them to open the thread, comment in it, or otherwise join the project and I'm sorry they feel that way.

I was attempting some kerbalizing humor that ended up hurting some seemingly sensitive people. I won't lose any sleep over that.

It is the opinion of the mod team that it would be wise to change the initialism merely in order to prevent the thread being derailed unnecessarily. You may keep it if you wish, but be aware that such an acronym, accidental or not, is liable to offend people. As long as the discussion stays civil and refrains from derailing the thread, we will refrain from interfering. As it stands, only one person has been offended, and the thread is okay as-is; we see no real need to interfere unless that discussion takes over the thread -- it can simply be ignored and you can get on with your business/collab.

Should things get out of hand, we will intercede. Till then, there's no reason for us to intercede.

Edited by vexx32

It is the opinion of the mod team that it would be wise to change the acronym merely in order to prevent the thread being derailed unnecessarily. You may keep it if you wish, but be aware that such an acronym, accidental or not, is liable to offend people. As long as the discussion stays civil and refrains from derailing the thread, we will refrain from interfering. As it stands, only one person has been offended, and the thread is okay as-is; we see no real need to interfere unless that discussion takes over the thread -- it can simply be ignored and you can get on with your business/collab.

Should things get out of hand, we will intercede. Till then, there's no reason for us to intercede.

I was not offended! I don't even care about my Kerbs...

Hm? No. I meant the guy that got offended in the other thread. (The one OP linked.)

EDIT: If you really like the name, Sierra, you could always abbreviate it to K3 instead. It'll probably annoy less people that way. :)

Edited by vexx32

Hm? No. I meant the guy that got offended in the other thread. (The one OP linked.)

EDIT: If you really like the name, Sierra, you could always abbreviate it to K3 instead. It'll probably annoy less people that way. :)

Oh! I like that! And somehow the math/science geek I am didn't figure that out. -_-

Except I might do it more like this, K3, with subscript.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.