[WIP] DCP : Duna Colonial Pack

Sadgeras

Hi guys,

this is my first mod. (excuse me for my english, i'm french)

Given the potential of KSP, I thought we absolutely had a mod for Duna colonial or other planets

So I started with Duna

I'm trying to model this vessel (prototype VASIMR), of course, with variable magnetic nozzles support :

b0mb.jpg

In a second time, I'll makel the buildings blocks for the colony with rover of course:

tln0.jpg

First off, the VASIMR and capsule are under development by Nertea, found here. Perhaps you can coordinate with him?

Second, that base would indeed be a great addition.

The base is probably more profitable seeing as the shown craft could be easily recreated using Nertea's stuff. It's actually a mission I was considering doing but I'm a bit tied up with other projects right now.

that habitat is basically the same one from bobcat home modules.

trust me when I say this....if you want to mod, don't mod anything you come across in pictures of stuff that might be planned in the real world.....it's ALL been done or is in the process of being done. your best bet is to come up with completely original ideas not based off any space pictures you'll find on the net....its been picked to death already.

Work on whatever you want, it's your time and effort that will go into making the mod, so work on whatever project seems most interesting to you. There is always room for more mods (especially for planetary habitats), and each author brings their own unique style. Good luck on whatever you choose to work on!

Work on whatever you want, it's your time and effort that will go into making the mod, so work on whatever project seems most interesting to you. There is always room for more mods (especially for planetary habitats), and each author brings their own unique style. Good luck on whatever you choose to work on!

Well said! I look forward to seeing your ideas, Sadgeras.

Thx Guys,

Now i've a roadmap for this mod.

- One plugin for :

lifesupport : solar radiations, food, oxygen, CO2, water, waste, heat

Communications and beacons (for landing operations)

build their base

- Parts :

One Automated cargo Vessel for habitat and base building

One Probe and Satellite

Two rovers

One Spaceship for Crew ( 7 crew members)

-Base building

One habitat

One utility and resource module

Also need to incorporate some kind of science module or parts that integrate with the science system in career mode. Maybe even a part or something integrated in the parts that can generate fuel, oxydizer, O2, and Water for self sufficient life support and a working green house to grow kerbal snacks :D

I'm not gonna be like the people who tell you not to make what you want, but I will ask, if your going to make a life support plugin, please offer the option to use your habbitats with different life support plugins. We've got quite a few life support systems and everyone is pretty picky and set in their ways about which one they are using already.

I'm not gonna be like the people who tell you not to make what you want, but I will ask, if your going to make a life support plugin, please offer the option to use your habbitats with different life support plugins. We've got quite a few life support systems and everyone is pretty picky and set in their ways about which one they are using already.

I planned to do this but gradually :confused:

Also need to incorporate some kind of science module or parts that integrate with the science system in career mode. Maybe even a part or something integrated in the parts that can generate fuel, oxydizer, O2, and Water for self sufficient life support and a working green house to grow kerbal snacks :D

Surprise ! :cool:

that habitat is basically the same one from bobcat home modules.

trust me when I say this....if you want to mod, don't mod anything you come across in pictures of stuff that might be planned in the real world.....it's ALL been done or is in the process of being done. your best bet is to come up with completely original ideas not based off any space pictures you'll find on the net....its been picked to death already.

Probably the most horrid advice I have ever seen on these forums.....

By your logic sir there should only be one of each type mod.......so KW, NP, Fasa, Asus(or whatever that satellite pack is called), Bobcats Soviet and American pack, Lionhead aerospace packs......all these are pointless because they were 'done before'......

think about what your saying...

To OP: you have some great ideas, and just because there may be mods like this one does NOT mean its a pointless venture.

Variety is the spice of life...so they say =)

I'll throw in my two cents since I'm really looking for a good space station and colony mod.

I'd say stay away from all the life support parts because there are other modders who do that kind of thing and spend their time coding it and what not, and if I were to build a colony pack then I'd probably integrate their parts into it.

Instead what I'm thinking about is either some kind of 'long term gameplay investment' like the interstellar pack where one advance that leads to another, or some kind of science factory, that once built contributes science to the R&D as it continues to operate.

You could have some sort of biodome produce plants, and then some kind of piloted vehicle could transfer the plants to it and then either driven to a botany lab to be converted into science, or a biomass refinery to produce fuel or a pasture dome to feed animals. The animals could then been taken to a different lab for a higher science output or converted to TAC food or what evs.

Come up with something fun, different and interesting and I'll definitely install.

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.