Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

I'm building a Mk-2 shuttle to complement my Mk-1 Shuttle. This one is large enough for a cargo bay. I still trying to get the balance a bit better. Also the SRBs keep taking the wings off on jettison.

http://i.imgur.com/ZXDIfZ6.png

You might want to tweak the SRB separation system to eject them out and away from the main CoM, by placing extra separators on the lower portions of the stack.

JMSDF Nagasaki.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Durable as Moses's rock.

I have a variant capable of over 40 m/s, but I'm only developing the non intake skipping variant, which goes at 11 m/s. Terrible speed, but I'm bunking down for any possible intake skipping fixes in 0.90.

My other variant is pretty fast and maneuverable for a warship.

jKj93mJ.jpg

Sea RAM.

N4PgJGs.jpg

I noticed that the monopropellant tanks were about three times denser than the liquid fuel ones. I took this to my advantage and made greatly improved Pico Boosters that would finally eliminate the need to clip more fuel into the core stage or boosters. :D

Here's the new Shuttle-M:

5w6AUqw.png

Album:

The boosters much last longer now and provide more delta-v. The new Shuttle-M can lift 0.4t more than the original.

Edited by Giggleplex777

I've built a new version of the Stargazer after a few hours of tinkering and head-scratching in the VAB:

5hgLhpw.png

I had to go with the 4 pillars in the centre instead of Endurance's single column because of the construction limitations in the editor. I'd have done 2 central columns instead of 4 had it not been so much more hassle getting everything lined up. Nevertheless, I'm happy with how this has come out.

AThnRc3.png

It's at ~515 parts at the moment; the Rangers will push that to ~660, then there'll be whatever module I decide to bring on top of that. Fewer parts than my last effort, at least. Yay.

I needed to stick radiators on this time, and you can see them poking out of the engine pods. The ion engines are now arranged as per those of Endurance instead of in a line. I've also added in some (functional) details, especially on the backs of the modules, alongside some navigation lights, and there's a total crew capacity of 18, though I'll likely only bring 4-6 per mission. AND, it doesn't wobble when the engines are fired up! Success!

All in all, things are looking good this time round :)

Having fully tunable robotics in the winglets is pretty cool, and looks exactly like the real thing. You can use them as flaps or set them to change the shape of your craft.

It's done but every time I revert to launch the robotics invert. Any idea why this is? Newest IR plugin.

9G8gWjE.png

Edited by clown_baby

I have been working on this little guy for a while. It is based of the A-10, maybe a modern version of it. I also relized it looks like one I saw on a BDarmoury video so I wont make a full post on it. It turns on a dime, but there is a few things I just don't like about it and haven't polished off. I am open to suggestions, anyways here is this thing I threw together.

6ynT1XO.png

HLYNtJL.png

I have been working on this little guy for a while. It is based of the A-10, maybe a modern version of it. I also relized it looks like one I saw on a BDarmoury video so I wont make a full post on it. It turns on a dime, but there is a few things I just don't like about it and haven't polished off. I am open to suggestions, anyways here is this thing I threw together.

http://i.imgur.com/6ynT1XO.png

http://i.imgur.com/HLYNtJL.png

damn yo, that thing is bad ass

I've built a new version of the Stargazer after a few hours of tinkering and head-scratching in the VAB:

http://i.imgur.com/5hgLhpw.png

I had to go with the 4 pillars in the centre instead of Endurance's single column because of the construction limitations in the editor. I'd have done 2 central columns instead of 4 had it not been so much more hassle getting everything lined up. Nevertheless, I'm happy with how this has come out.

Wait, why not add docking ports to each pillar's ends, then undock/decouple them afterwards? All the struts would still be connected, and it'll only have a single pillar. PLUS, slightly smaller part count! (Or) you could destroy those pillars with some kind of weapons system...

...Jeb-style! :cool:

Edited by NeatCrown

Wait, why not add docking ports to each pillar's ends, then undock/decouple them afterwards? All the struts would still be connected, and it'll only have a single pillar. PLUS, slightly smaller part count! (Or) you could destroy those pillars with some kind of weapons system...

...Jeb-style! :cool:

I have actually considered that...

I've just finished my new space station. It has two main modules now (in future I'm going to add more ones): "Amber-1" and "Emerald-1". Also on the pictures you can see a transport ship "Taurus-1", delivering the first crew to the station:

GIaozJ5.png

69pf2NR.png

BKER9el.png

7b2aObn.png

Hi all,

With the flurry of shuttles lately brought on by the imminent release of the .90 patch, I have decided to make a tiny shuttle to rival UpsilonAerospace's Wee shuttle.

I have made the orbiter itself and landed it a few times at the KSC atop a test launcher. It shouldn't be too hard to get this into orbit and early launcher tests are good.

You have to land as SLOW as possible as to not break the wheels. I have landed it myself.

So here she is!

2014-12-15_00008.jpg

2014-12-15_00015.jpg

2014-12-15_00018.jpg

2014-12-15_00019.jpg

She glides very well and work continues on the launcher.

MJ

Hi all,

With the flurry of shuttles lately brought on by the imminent release of the .90 patch, I have decided to make a tiny shuttle to rival UpsilonAerospace's Wee shuttle.

You had to do that now, didn't you? You can't claim that anything is the most anything around here without someone coming to ruin your party five minutes later! :D

Rune. Hats off, sir!

You had to do that now, didn't you? You can't claim that anything is the most anything around here without someone coming to ruin your party five minutes later! :D

Rune. Hats off, sir!

lol thanks man!

It looks like the patch is here! I was going to have an early night too..