Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

I'm sorry I've been away for this long, I have just plumb run out of ideas. Only so many spacecraft and probes out there that are fun to build, and I don't bother building something usually if other people have done it far better than I ever will, or if I don't bring anything new to the table with my design. It's why I've generally shied away from Apollo, SSTOs, etc.

So, if anyone has a request or interest in a specific craft, I'd be more than happy to build something. Inspiration is half the battle for me now.

On another note, I discovered a very cool technique for fuel tanks. My favorite rocket may be getting a s-e-x-y rebuild.

Dude, you made a great looking Copernicus DTV do why not tackle the whole mission? I promise it will keep you busy for months!

- - - Updated - - -

Stealth fighter?

You're flying a plane . . . in another plane. It should be pretty self explanatory why its terminally uncontrollable.

Sure, it has to be completely impossible to combine two aerodynamically stable craft into one, single, aerodynamically stable craft

Bristol Spaceplanes think they can do it too :D

Dude, you made a great looking Copernicus DTV do why not tackle the whole mission? I promise it will keep you busy for months!

Speaking of that, what has become of your stock Constellation mission? I haven't seen a new post on its thread since 1.0 came out.

Speaking of that, what has become of your stock Constellation mission? I haven't seen a new post on its thread since 1.0 came out.

I am working on nothing else in KSP. I have had to rebuilt the craft a few times to fix a few issues. Which takes a while for me to do, but they are coming along nicely. The landers are both done. I have to wait for squad to fix the fairings before I make the aeroshells though..

I rebuilt the Copernicus DTV recently for the third time, but it looks much better now. The Ares V is finished too and can take a max payload of 60t to around 80km orbit. I haven't started the Orion rebuild yet due to fairing issues. I just hope squad fix the fairings soon as I'm nearly ready to go!

I am working on nothing else in KSP. I have had to rebuilt the craft a few times to fix a few issues. Which takes a while for me to do, but they are coming along nicely. The landers are both done. I have to wait for squad to fix the fairings before I make the aeroshells though..

I rebuilt the Copernicus DTV recently for the third time, but it looks much better now. The Ares V is finished too and can take a max payload of 60t to around 80km orbit. I haven't started the Orion rebuild yet due to fairing issues. I just hope squad fix the fairings soon as I'm nearly ready to go!

Great to hear that it's still being worked on. I'm so annoyed at how the fairings turned out that I just got Procedural Fairings again. They look better and separate better, even if they aren't as easy to place or as versatile as stock fairings.

Great to hear that it's still being worked on. I'm so annoyed at how the fairings turned out that I just got Procedural Fairings again. They look better and separate better, even if they aren't as easy to place or as versatile as stock fairings.

Yeah I was hoping that the stock fairings would be like procedural fairings. If someone made a mod that was like the ones squad made nobody would use it. They really ought to sort them .

I've decided to rebuild my MiG-21, which I've posted here some time ago, so I'll post it soon:) It has hollow cockpit and ejectable seat, but there're some problems with plane's stability now, so I'm still working on it

pCNcxGv.png

Nearly done with my stock F-117A.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2vwihw0.png

Wow! How does that thing fly? It looks heavy..

Edited by Nik_601

Wow! How does that thing fly? It looks heavy..

It is. 40 tons on two basic jets. On the final version, for free flight rather than a challenge, it will have several turbojets. And a lot more fuel.