Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

That looks really good! Keep it up! (can I have the file?)

I will release this.

Can it space? Can you recover both parts? Looks cool btw!

Well, I'm battling asymmetrical thrust, but I think that SS1 has enough delta-v to space. Ah, about recovering WK, I think it will glide, but I don't know yet. Thanks! I'm pretty happy with the tail booms.

That's a really awesome replica! How does it perform?

Thanks, and see above.

70's style muscle car, meant to be a Ford Capri but is getting more and more "generic muscle car" as it goes on.

nXCCFoG.jpg

Opening doors, which are now unavoidably tied to the brakes.

WJsxQMv.jpg

Drive well, turns without flipping at almost full speed, just needs a little more downforce. Aesthetics-wise I'm happy with the front and not much else.

JO9QLrL.jpg

70's style muscle car, meant to be a Ford Capri but is getting more and more "generic muscle car" as it goes on.

http://i.imgur.com/nXCCFoG.jpg

Opening doors, which are now unavoidably tied to the brakes.

http://i.imgur.com/WJsxQMv.jpg

Drive well, turns without flipping at almost full speed, just needs a little more downforce. Aesthetics-wise I'm happy with the front and not much else.

http://i.imgur.com/JO9QLrL.jpg

Why make a '70s Muscle Car when you can make a late '60s Muscle Car? :P

ZlPtTZ0.png

AD3KHyy.png

a8tNUTT.png

Doood! Did you ever download my old apollo craft? I managed to fit a rover into a space the same size as your apollo lander 'skirt'.

If you put fuel in the ascent module and offset a small engine downward into the skirt it leaves enough room to add a single seat rover. Give it a go matey.

He replaced the adapter with the LM with a longer CSM and forgot a LES.

This was a payload test, turned out it could take wayy over 30 tons to orbit.

Doood! Did you ever download my old apollo craft? I managed to fit a rover into a space the same size as your apollo lander 'skirt'.

If you put fuel in the ascent module and offset a small engine downward into the skirt it leaves enough room to add a single seat rover. Give it a go matey.

This is the Apollo 11 configuration, so no rover yet, btw you apollo was awesome.

Some proportions look off on the Saturn V, may just be the angle, though. the others, especially the ares, look awesome!

Yup it's pretty off porportion, but I was aiming for a lower part count (my previous attempts always ended at 400+ parts.) Not enough lag to render it non playable, but still uNpleasant.

This was a payload test, turned out it could take wayy over 30 tons to orbit.

This is the Apollo 11 configuration, so no rover yet, btw you apollo was awesome.

Yup it's pretty off porportion, but I was aiming for a lower part count (my previous attempts always ended at 400+ parts.) Not enough lag to render it non playable, but still uNpleasant.

Cheers mate, I copied the idea from the mighty Mulbin anyway, just want to share the goodness. I look forward to seeing the finished rockets mate.

Ladies and gents, a masterpiece in the making, the Zephyr!

QXoxxR0.png

The Zephyr is a medium SS (not TO yet) it should be getting there, but I have a big question. If i'm running out of liquid fuel but have a lot of oxidizer left, should I add more engines, more intakes, less engines, or less intakes?

and at Hwat altitude should I level out?

oh and once it's done i'll make a thread for it, so be on the lookout!

I think I might have an Eagle successor, if only for atmosphere-less planets. Well, actually Duna is not out of the cards. Anybody wants to check if I got the aerodynamics decent enough to handle the descent there?

ERElSdt.png

Ladies and gents, a masterpiece in the making, the Zephyr!

http://i.imgur.com/QXoxxR0.png

The Zephyr is a medium SS (not TO yet) it should be getting there, but I have a big question. If i'm running out of liquid fuel but have a lot of oxidizer left, should I add more engines, more intakes, less engines, or less intakes?

and at Hwat altitude should I level out?

oh and once it's done i'll make a thread for it, so be on the lookout!

You should probably just add liquid fuel if you have TWR over 0.50 on the runway, and remove oxidizer if you don't. Adding engines is the last thing you want to do, because you are adding weight that you have to take to orbit. Go for a speed run between 15 and 20kms, and once you hit 1,200m/s or so, worry more about building vertical speed than pushing it further.

Rune. That's 2km/s with about 20mT of payload, BTW. And it has this cute rear-bottom hatch...