Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

Currently working on a fourth tank other than the Maus and the other two secrets. As I said before good luck guessing the tank. Hint: Chinese light tank. Light tank meaning it doesn't weigh frickin' 200 tons like the Maus.

Does anyone think I should continue to make tanks?

http://i.imgur.com/wNFziU6.png Its a 59-16 Chinese light tank

Zucal, Will this latest WIP be available for download? You have always pushed my meta, but my attempts at making this myself are coming up short.

Zucal, Will this latest WIP be available for download? You have always pushed my meta, but my attempts at making this myself are coming up short.

Oh hey! Yeah, it's not quite finished, but I'll probably put it up on KerbalX when it's done in a week or so.

I'm getting crazy over this WWII Bomber thing.

I should be releasing old stuff, not making new ones!

(De Havilland Mosquito)

dsMGMQl.png

- - - Updated - - -

Finalized my B-17 design. I swear, I'll be releasing this. Today. No more last-minute changes that jeopardize my time!

vjbYBOb.jpg

Hey guys the new shuttle engine will be very useful for all sorts of things, I think it'll go good with Apollo replicas.

Maybe, we will have to wait and see, I'm just happy shuttles wont have the stupid engine base clipping anymore. How they made that without thinking about that is beyond me. Hey ho, it's fixed now. I just hope it has much much more gimble than the other engines we have now. Real life engines have MUCH more gimble.

The cargo ramp is good to have.

Nice! I like the WW2 bombers!

I restarted building my submarine because of a major design flaw in the MK1, it's unstable. This one is stable and flexes less. When finished it will be over 1k parts so I'm building it for the future.

http://imgur.com/a/JJo7S

Nice, but that's not the bridge. That's the CIC, the platform on top of the conning tower is the bridge.

And I couldn't help myself, building a stock 1701-A. Again for the future. With mods one day I'll finish the real sized 305m one.

http://i.imgur.com/pgXpMhg.png

That. Is. Seriously. Awesome. I can't rep you right now, but maybe later.

Trying to get the wing shape right for a U-2 replica. I find that outlining in girders helps a lot.

qIZZ0cr.jpg

EDIT: Wow it does not fly well at all. Any deviation from prograde and it pitches wildly.

Edited by ethan829

Forever doomed to be far too draggy.... Still the Kerbals survived their trip up in the command seats. 160+ parts and a cargo bay that's actually quite useless. Handles like crap. Needs extra engines just to get above Mach 1. Maybe had to turn on infinite fuel to get to orbit. But some might say she's pretty. Others will just call it the botched piece o' crap she currently is.

The quest to build a spaceplane that doesn't resemble the majority shall continue. Although the mini-Ion shuttle is absolute hoot (and can be just squeezed inside a Mk 2 cargo bay).

Ev4A3GV.png

cwmRXSL.png

Forever doomed to be far too draggy.... Still the Kerbals survived their trip up in the command seats. 160+ parts and a cargo bay that's actually quite useless. Handles like crap. Needs extra engines just to get above Mach 1. Maybe had to turn on infinite fuel to get to orbit. But some might say she's pretty. Others will just call it the botched piece o' crap she currently is.

The quest to build a spaceplane that doesn't resemble the majority shall continue. Although the mini-Ion shuttle is absolute hoot (and can be just squeezed inside a Mk 2 cargo bay).

http://i.imgur.com/Ev4A3GV.png

http://i.imgur.com/cwmRXSL.png

Cool man! The ION shuttle reminds me of my Eagle and eaglet ion shuttle craft from version 0.90. Keep at it mate you will get it into orbit soon! And try what I did, land the ion shuttle on the Mun from Kerbin orbit and return to the SSTO!

Now that's a ride!

Cool man! The ION shuttle reminds me of my Eagle and eaglet ion shuttle craft from version 0.90. Keep at it mate you will get it into orbit soon! And try what I did, land the ion shuttle on the Mun from Kerbin orbit and return to the SSTO!

Now that's a ride!

Well it was your Eagle and Eaglet that gave me the bug... And I'm loving custom cockpits at the moment. I just wish the aesthetic parts didn't add so much drag.