Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

With a Bf 109 (God, it shocks me that this plane doesn't even have it's own nickname) and B-17 Flying Fortress, I replicated the Charlie Brown and Franz Stigler incident by a formation flight with the two. (That's to say I rammed the B-17 after. And the pilot survived!)

4axwnHk.jpg

CeeLFU9.jpg

Edited by Columbia

Saw that there was a VTOL challenge... Started building something for it and got carried away.

I should balance it and make it fly without infini fuel, but I've spent the last hour trying to trap Kerbals in the claws... And yes, it uses Klaws for feet. And lands pretty well. Other parts of it break before they do.

Lots of things to clean up and experiment with, once I can snatch a Kerbal in its claws of course.

6rRdjzk.jpg

ghZdJ69.jpg

My Space Shuttle for the Galileo/Ulysses and maybe more replicas looks good so far, sadly I have not figured the whole uneven space shuttle thing, and I don't want to install a bunch of SAS... It's really stable under KJR, without Galileo anyway, but it's still problematic to control ;(EIrZrjo.png

Here's my rebuild of my A380 Replica, it's about twice the size of the original and can carry 100 more kerbals. Taking the total capacity to 540.

All I need is wings... Anyone wanna give it a go? I suggest making them hollow. Part count limit per wing is 100-150.

23eEt.png

I think it looks a lot better than the original. What do you think?

Happy Flying

YargJay9991

PS The original A380 or K380 as it was called, can be found in the signature pic link :)

Here's my rebuild of my A380 Replica, it's about twice the size of the original and can carry 100 more kerbals. Taking the total capacity to 540.

All I need is wings... Anyone wanna give it a go? I suggest making them hollow. Part count limit per wing is 100-150.

http://funkyimg.com/i/23eEt.png

I think it looks a lot better than the original. What do you think?

Happy Flying

YargJay9991

PS The original A380 or K380 as it was called, can be found in the signature pic link :)

Definitely looking better! :D

here's my rebuild of my a380 replica, it's about twice the size of the original and can carry 100 more kerbals. Taking the total capacity to 540.

All i need is wings... Anyone wanna give it a go? I suggest making them hollow. Part count limit per wing is 100-150.

http://funkyimg.com/i/23eet.png

i think it looks a lot better than the original. What do you think?

Happy flying

yargjay9991

ps the original a380 or k380 as it was called, can be found in the signature pic link :)

GLORIOUS(NoCaps)!

Move, yes. Transform, no. Might use a kOS script or IR sequencer for movement.

I've taken a look at the complexities involved, to make a model which is both looking good as a truck and robot, would make the part count ludicrous.

And when this one is done, it's fun to combat with anyway.

Well, the best I've gotten my space shuttle is till just before the SRB separation, that's the point it gets rather uneven. it doesn't flip out either, it gradually pitches down. It only gets worse without the SRBs. Images below show the best i've gotten my craft flying, as well as my attempts to save my kerbals as a ditch effort. Do any shuttle builders have some tips? (Also, yes I'm using real plume for the engine effects ;) )

Javascript is disabled. View full album