Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

Just watched the movie Oblivion (yes a little old, it was free on on-demand) and during that time I had my walker auto going around the KSC.

yKIsAbk.png

I am proud to say that through the 2 hour movie the walker did not break once, although it was only roughly 1 hour in-game. I also tested it earlier on Minmus, making sure it works on low-gravity worlds

I also discovered another useful thing about my new walker, you can leave it AFK. No need to even put a weight on the keyboard. And yes, its powered by a NB scanner, making it possible to be used on ALL worlds (except I believe the gravity is too high on eve)

Currently holds up to 8 kerbals, and moves at about 4 m/s, aka SLOW

Edited by Bubbadevlin

The VesselMover mod provides a lot of opportunities. For me, at least. Ships are easier to put in the water, and it's much more feasible and easier turning hangars into airport terminals without having to bother with steering.

*Kerbin City airport intensifies*

EWSCljg.png

I know I posted a lot about having planes parked like this, but.. I can't resist it.

Edited by Columbia

I'm working on a fully reusable space shuttle. I plan to put this on Laythe so I can ferry crew from the surface to orbit (once i get a base up and running). Normally I would use an SSTO but I am sick and tired of dealing with those. The rocket can be reattached to the shuttle via docking ports. I'll design some equipment for handling the launch and reuse operations later.

Edited by RocketPilot573

Just now, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

I tried using cubic struts, but they fell apart too much.

Yeah under a load they behave oddly. Neat idea. Now.. for an application. Hmm. A large bike would be possible, O M G, or tank tracks. To the VAB!

oh no wait its 4am.. damn you weak fleshy prison!